• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning replacement search thread

We don’t even know if he’ll get rid of the old boot that’s on his line.

Man. I’m afraid we are such a shit show no coach will want to come here. Scares the shit out of me

There are 2-3 million reasons a coach would come to Wake. Add to that the Miller Center, the Shah facility and tje CP3 locker room. Wake would not lack candidates once there is a vacancy.

There are 2-3 million reasons a coach would come to Wake. Add to that the Miller Center, the Shah facility and tje CP3 locker room. Wake would not lack candidates once there is a vacancy.

We lacked candidates the last two times. Are our facilities that much better than everyone else’s?

We lacked candidates the last two times. Are our facilities that much better than everyone else’s?

We didn't lack candidates the first or second Wellman coaching pick disaster he just made awful picks. Yes our facilities are that much better than non P5 conferences and probably middle of the pack in the ACC

We didn't lack candidates the first or second Wellman coaching pick disaster he just made awful picks. Yes our facilities are that much better than non P5 conferences and probably middle of the pack in the ACC

We may have the single worst home court in all of basketball. Our facilities are not middle of the pack in the ACC. The Joel alone put us at the bottom. It remains a disaster for our sized fan base/school.

We may have the single worst home court in all of basketball. Our facilities are not middle of the pack in the ACC. The Joel alone put us at the bottom. It remains a disaster for our sized fan base/school.

Hyperbolic idiocy does not help your argument. Our home court atmosphere is terrible right now, because we have stunk for a decade. But that has nothing to do with the building.

On the day UNC lost to Wofford in their small on campus arena, you should realize that the home arena doesn’t mean nearly as much of a difference as you think it does. You became infatuated with all things Duke and now want Wake to replicate everything Duke. Schools have won NCAA basketball championships with both small and large, on campus and off, arenas.

We need a good coaching staff, and the rest will take care of itself.

I'll never forget the Joel rockin' when we crushed Larry Brown's Kansas team by like 30. The building was literally shaking and it sounded like we blew the roof off!

Yeah, winning cures all ills. The Joel is fine. The coach and the team have not been.... for a looooong time now.

I'll never forget the Joel rockin' when we crushed Larry Brown's Kansas team by like 30. The building was literally shaking and it sounded like we blew the roof off!

Yeah, winning cures all ills. The Joel is fine. The coach and the team have not been.... for a looooong time now.

But please replace the damn green seats in the upper deck!

that kansas game was freakin' awesome- I was there with my dad. But it was Roy Williams who took that butt whippin' , not Suitcase Larry Brown.

We lacked candidates the last time. I’m not so sure about the second to last time. I’m pretty sure our coaching search started and ended with Bz.

I started talking about Anthony Grant sometime last spring. I think it is one of the most Currie-like hires out there. Maybe not the highest ceiling guy, but very high floor, and those are the kinds of guys he went for at both Kansas State and Tennessee.

And, actually, he might have a higher ceiling than we think. Yeah, Alabama wasn't great, but it also wasn't bad. And, since then he spent time on a NBA bench and then inherited a very young time at Dayton. Finished #171 in his first year and has them at #14 now. He has them playing at a higher level than Archie ever did.

I also don't hate the idea of Scott Drew. Can't quite believe I'm saying that. Not sure how much love he has been feeling from Baylor the last couple of years (last I checked, his most recently announced extension has actually already ran out).

Its gonna be hilarious when Currie doesnt fire Manning and hes back next year!

We lacked candidates the last time. I’m not so sure about the second to last time. I’m pretty sure our coaching search started and ended with Bz.

We had PERFECT candidates the past two changes. Wellman blew one. Hatch's weakness cost us the other.

Back