• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Rallying cry -Send Her back

Unfortunately, Republicans today don't have any senators with a conscience. It's not like Watergate.

Nice try at trolling rather trying to be substantive...

No, a major reason is that he would be able to say, "See, I am innocent. I wasn't convicted." The morons who voted him last time would be sure to come out.

You can't be delusional enough to think the Senate would convict him, can you?

The are too scared to even call him out on his repeated and overt racism.

In your scenario where they don’t impeach him, couldn’t he just as easily say, “see, the whole investigation was a fake witch hunt, if I did anything wrong you know those democrats, who hate us and hate America, would have impeached me!”

Unfortunately, Republicans today don't have any senators with a conscience. It's not like Watergate.

Senators literally have nothing to do with impeachment.

In your scenario where they don’t impeach him, couldn’t he just as easily say, “see, the whole investigation was a fake witch hunt, if I did anything wrong you know those democrats, who hate us and hate America, would have impeached me!”

If they keep on getting data and events out to the public, it could drive people away from him. Every day, you make him look worse. He will go even farther than "send her back".

It could, it probably even should. But it won’t. We have nearly 3 years of proof now. Status quo ain’t doing shit. Do something different or GTFO.

His side owns the guns.

Also the Secret Service is quite good at this.

They kept Obama safe for 8 years that I'm sure contained countless threats we never heard about.

They are being substantive. The Democratic Party has been been mired in the mucky aftermath of the failed Clinton impeachment for 21 years. It came up for air in the Obama administration, but that impeachment labeled the party a sinful, amoral mass for the religious right who were willing to vote for Trump, a probable rapist and definite (at least) three-time adulterer, over Clinton who was married to guy that got a blowjob.

I'm convinced CNN has ruined boomer dem brains just as bad as foxnews has ruined boomer right wing brains. The same utterly illogical talking points all day every day.

Reactions: DG3
I'm convinced CNN has ruined boomer dem brains just as bad as foxnews has ruined boomer right wing brains. The same utterly illogical talking points all day every day.

You might be right. My dad is convinced Biden is the only one who can beat Trump.

I got a good laugh about the ECU chant that broke out. Let's go Pirates!

Right. Two separate processes.

Well right - but to say the senate literally has nothing to do with impeachment is a bit like saying a court has nothing to do with an indictment. After impeachment, which serves as an indictment, the matter is tried in the senate. That trial does not exist without an impeachment, so senators have something to do with it.

ETA: Plus there is the political reality that in deciding whether to pursue articles of impeachment in the house, whether senators would view the House's potential impeachment efforts favorably or unfavorably has had a direct impact on the House's leadership's decision not to pursue impeachment. So I know people like to play "gotcha" with RJ, but in this case, the statement is wrong.

Last edited:
And the senate trial inevitably follows, yes?

Where Trump will be “totally exonerated”.

And Dems cast (likely with significant success) as insane/destructive obstructionists.

With no legal remedy remaining for our very corrupt and corrupting president.

Does impeachment better enable investigation? If so, that’s the main reason to consider it, maybe?

And the senate trial inevitably follows, yes?

Where Trump will be “totally exonerated”.

And Dems cast (likely with significant success) as insane/destructive obstructionists.

With no legal remedy remaining for our very corrupt and corrupting president.

Does impeachment better enable investigation? If so, that’s the main reason to consider it, maybe?

Agree on all of the first 4 points. And I do not think impeachment necessarily improves congressional oversights abilities.

Then just keep investing without it. Try to expose and win broader support.

Back