• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Rallying cry -Send Her back

And the senate trial inevitably follows, yes?

Where Trump will be “totally exonerated”.

And Dems cast (likely with significant success) as insane/destructive obstructionists.

With no legal remedy remaining for our very corrupt and corrupting president.

Does impeachment better enable investigation? If so, that’s the main reason to consider it, maybe?

Other than the fact that he's committed many impeachable offenses and it's the right thing to do, the best reason to impeach is the (very public) hearings that would come with it.

I got a good laugh about the ECU chant that broke out. Let's go Pirates!

Because they’re ECU and they’re unsmart? Or because you think they meant it as a joke (breaking: they didn’t) and you think it’s funny?

I mean, I guess at some point you might reasonably impeach just to be on record as having done so. But probably best to get your best evidence in place first. Not sure we’re there...?

Trump’s June approval numbers were 90/34/5 R/I/D. June Party ID is 26/46/27. Impeachment isn’t for that 90% of 26% represented by the Senate GOP. It’s for everybody else.

Other than the fact that he's committed many impeachable offenses and it's the right thing to do, the best reason to impeach is the (very public) hearings that would come with it.

Right and then the Senate's decision to "totally exonerate" him based on the sure mountain of evidence against him will be something they will have to grapple with on election day. they stood and "exonerated" a total crook.

Right and then the Senate's decision to "totally exonerate" him based on the sure mountain of evidence against him will be something they will have to grapple with on election day. they stood and "exonerated" a total crook.

Right.

Does anyone think the current strategy is working? So why not change course and impeach?

Has any Dem come out and stated publicly WHY they won’t impeach him? Other than Pelosi?

Don’t think so. And pundits say it’s not polling well but that’s because the heads of both parties are against it.

Because the alternative strategy could be even worse.

How? If Dems aren’t pursuing impeachment because they’re afraid of bungling it, they should go home and beg to be primaried.

I'm convinced CNN has ruined boomer dem brains just as bad as foxnews has ruined boomer right wing brains. The same utterly illogical talking points all day every day.

Not unique to cnn. NPR...MSNBC...

I'm hoping they're just delaying impeachment hearings until closer to the meat of the campaign/election, so they can tie the motherfucker up and drive him crazy as he is trying to campaign. Doubtful, but that's my hope. If they don't do anything but angry denouncements and useless censuring, it is moral failure.

I'm hoping they're just delaying impeachment hearings until closer to the meat of the campaign/election, so they can tie the motherfucker up and drive him crazy as he is trying to campaign. Doubtful, but that's my hope. If they don't do anything but angry denouncements and useless censuring, it is moral failure.

BINGO!!!

Do you actually think the American public has a two year attention span?

NPR is good overall but they’re pretty bad about their fascination with Trump supporters.

There is no mainstream liberal or progressive news source. But I don’t think there’s a desire for one either.

Because they’re ECU and they’re unsmart? Or because you think they meant it as a joke (breaking: they didn’t) and you think it’s funny?

There are no jokes in the vaunted Minges Coliseum

How? If Dems aren’t pursuing impeachment because they’re afraid of bungling it, they should go home and beg to be primaried.

Trump could very effectively use an impeachment process in his 2020 efforts, whether the Dems bungle it or not. I’d stay clear of impeachment, personally. Plus, there’s an electoral process in place to get rid of a president - I think we should use it.

This whole episode is the entirely predictable outcome of at least 30 years' worth of Republicans, and their media supporters, calling anyone who doesn't support endless wars and endless tax cuts for the rich "un-American". Pretty easy to graft that onto the strong strain of racism and white supremacy lurking in the Republican party, and here we are.

Trump could very effectively use an impeachment process in his 2020 efforts, whether the Dems bungle it or not. I’d stay clear of impeachment, personally. Plus, there’s an electoral process in place to get rid of a president - I think we should use it.

So is your position just that impeachment shouldn't exist?

OK, but that process is shit and resulted in the popular vote winner by a wide margin losing the election. Relying on that alone is not wise.

Back