• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Rallying cry -Send Her back

As a legal strategy, impeachment now is irrational.

It’s mostly about political calculation regardless of whether you favor it or not.

Unless you just think it should be done for moral/ethical reasons apart from any political or legal considerations.

I think you have to have a pretty solid political rationale to proceed when you know your legal strategy will fail.

I don't understand this trying to play chess against Trump and the GOP like...trying to see 5 moves ahead to what will or won't help Trump's chances in 2020. The dude isn't thinking about the next word coming out of his mouth when he's speaking, much less making calculated judgments about what will and won't keep him electable. Yet the Dems are convinced they have to strategize and play game theory instead of just doing the god damn right thing. The coward label that has been applied to Dems for decades has never been as easily demonstrated as it is right now.

It's not about playing chess at all. On top of having no chance to convict him in the Senate and him being able to say he "exonerated" and it was a "witch hunt", the public has a short memory. The last impression is the most important one.

If the House builds their investigations throughout the winter and spring, people will pay attention. If they start bringing in people closer to Trump in later, Trump will continue to lose his shit. The more it piles up. The crazier he's likely to get.

Start talking about prison for his cronies and him after the election. Make him lose it.

The #1 through #1000 reason for this is to get out of office. He has no restraint. Keep pissing him off.

Perp walk him out of the WH.

The House has given no indication that they are going to treat investigations seriously

Why? We saw how the Clinton impeachment helped Republicans win two close elections in 2000 and 2016.

Clinton's approval ratings sky-rocketed during impeachment. I'm not sure impeachment helped in 2000 or 2016. The fact that Clinton is/was a philandering dirt bag did not help.

Clinton's approval ratings sky-rocketed during impeachment. I'm not sure impeachment helped in 2000 or 2016. The fact that Clinton is/was a philandering dirt bag did not help.

well the Gore campaign regarded him as damaged goods and didn't want him anywhere near the campaign

well the Gore campaign regarded him as damaged goods and didn't want him anywhere near the campaign

The impression I got back then, and I've always thought this since the 2000 election, is that to some extent voters took out their anger and ambivalent feelings about Bill on Gore. That's not the only reason Gore lost, but I do think it's an important one. Polls at the time showed that while voters didn't think Bill should be impeached, and approved of the job he was doing as president, they also didn't trust him or his character and felt that he had no integrity. So while he skated, the rest of the Democratic Party took a beating during much of his presidency, and Gore lost in 2000. It's not too difficult to argue that while Bill came through his presidency and impeachment OK, his party and vice-president didn't.

Last edited:
I don't understand this trying to play chess against Trump and the GOP like...trying to see 5 moves ahead to what will or won't help Trump's chances in 2020. The dude isn't thinking about the next word coming out of his mouth when he's speaking, much less making calculated judgments about what will and won't keep him electable. Yet the Dems are convinced they have to strategize and play game theory instead of just doing the god damn right thing. The coward label that has been applied to Dems for decades has never been as easily demonstrated as it is right now.

+1000

The impeachment hearings were successful in that the continued to remind the public of this fact. Just like a current impeachment hearing could continue to drive home the point that Trump will stop at nothing to obstruct justice and solicit foreign influence in an election.

This shit will work and Trump will win again.

How do these people go to this rally and then face their neighbors and coworkers from different cultures and countries of origin and look them in the eye?

Oh I forgot they live in white enclaves and don’t work or don’t make friend with the non whites at work.

The impression I got back then, and I've always thought this since the 2000 election, is that to some extent voters took out their anger and ambivalent feelings about Bill on Gore. That's not the only reason Gore lost, but I do think it's an important one. Polls at the time showed that while voters didn't think Bill should be impeached, and approved of the job he was doing as president, they also didn't trust him or his character and felt that he had no integrity. So while he skated, the rest of the Democratic Party took a beating during much of his presidency, and Gore lost in 2000. It's not too difficult to argue that while Bill came through his presidency and impeachment OK, his party and vice-president didn't.

Right. And that's because Bill simply lied about a blow job. Trump has done far worse. Hell, his lies about sex are much worse than Bill's. The political damage done to Democrats then make a strong case for impeaching Trump now to inflict similar damage to Republicans for their role in ushering in and protecting this corruption.

America sure as shit ain't ready to accept Omar. 9/11 changed the boomers and there ain't no going back. Dems shouldn't have left that pitch hanging over the plate, could give Trump a 2nd term, she's the new Hillary. AOC is too hot to have been it.

The impeachment hearings were successful in that the continued to remind the public of this fact. Just like a current impeachment hearing could continue to drive home the point that Trump will stop at nothing to obstruct justice and solicit foreign influence in an election.

After the impeachment hearing, Clinton’s approval was 73%.

So proud of my state for putting our finest on display.

Back