• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

San Antonio

Dough Pizzaeria Napoletana has great pizza. They've been featured on a couple of Food Network shows. It's about 2-3 blocks from the Riverwalk.

I had a great Mexican meal at Mi Tierra. If the manager there is to be believed, Timmy comes in frequently. They're to the west off Produce Row. When I was there, a full scale local market was going on at Produce Row.

E: And 2nd / 3rd / etc. on The Pearl.

Last edited:
I’ve been mostly off the riverwalk this go round. Helps that I’m not staying at rivercenter. I must say that just walking around downtown has been much more rewarding. There is a lot of cool architecture in SA. And while it is also a tourist trap, El Mercado at least has some character (and good eats).

They held out for 2 weeks in that Alamo complex, hopelessly outmanned and outgunned, and fought to the last man. I guess it’s just hip to blow it off as a lie or something because Ph was unimpressed.

the alamo is a lame tiny building next to a mall

the alamo is a lame tiny building next to a mall

It is much smaller than people think it is or should be. The complex itself is pretty big, but mostly destroyed and/or insignificant. It is weird to come up from the riverwalk and suddenly “oh shit, there’s the Alamo.” It’s also completely free so no harm no foul unless you traveled 100s or miles to see it. It is still something to see while in SA along with the San Fernando cathedral. And the size of the Alamo or its underwhelming status has jack shit to do with its historical significance.

Back