Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: San Antonio

Dough Pizzaeria Napoletana has great pizza. They've been featured on a couple of Food Network shows. It's about 2-3 blocks from the Riverwalk.

I had a great Mexican meal at Mi Tierra. If the manager there is to be believed, Timmy comes in frequently. They're to the west off Produce Row. When I was there, a full scale local market was going on at Produce Row.

E: And 2nd / 3rd / etc. on The Pearl.
    Last edited by bym051d; 07-25-2019 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EatLeadCommie View Post
    Iíve been mostly off the riverwalk this go round. Helps that Iím not staying at rivercenter. I must say that just walking around downtown has been much more rewarding. There is a lot of cool architecture in SA. And while it is also a tourist trap, El Mercado at least has some character (and good eats).

They held out for 2 weeks in that Alamo complex, hopelessly outmanned and outgunned, and fought to the last man. I guess itís just hip to blow it off as a lie or something because Ph was unimpressed.
    the alamo is a lame tiny building next to a mall

Quote Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
    And more Ripleyís tourist traps than Myrtle Beach.

Quote Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
    It is much smaller than people think it is or should be. The complex itself is pretty big, but mostly destroyed and/or insignificant. It is weird to come up from the riverwalk and suddenly ďoh shit, thereís the Alamo.Ē Itís also completely free so no harm no foul unless you traveled 100s or miles to see it. It is still something to see while in SA along with the San Fernando cathedral. And the size of the Alamo or its underwhelming status has jack shit to do with its historical significance.