Thread: Ocasio-Cortez hits DHS chief for 'images of my violent rape' in Facebook group

Ocasio-Cortez hits DHS chief for 'images of my violent rape' in Facebook group

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) on Thursday confronted acting Homeland Security Secretary Kevin McAleenan about a secret Facebook group in which Border Patrol agents shared racist and sexist content, including sexually graphic images of Ocasio-Cortez.

Their exchange during a House Oversight and Reform Committee hearing came weeks after ProPublica first reported on the Facebook group, containing about 9,500 members, in which posts targeting migrants and lawmakers were shared.

"Did you see the posts planning physical harm to myself and Congresswoman Escobar?" Ocasio-Cortez asked McAleenan, referring to Rep. Veronica Escobar (D-Texas).

"Yes, and I directed an investigation within minutes of reading the article," he replied.

"Did you see the images of officers circulating photoshopped images of my violent rape?" Ocasio-Cortez asked.

"Yes, I did," McAleenan responded.

Asked by the congresswoman whether the officers responsible were on the job today, McAleenan said some had been put "on administrative duties," but did not know which posts those officers made.

“We’ve already put individuals on administrative duties, I don’t know which ones correspond to which posts and we’ve issued cease and desist orders to dozens more,” he said, pointing to an ongoing "aggressive investigation.”

Ocasio-Cortez then asked if the Trump administration's highly controversial family separation policy had led to a “dehumanizing culture” within Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

“We do not have a dehumanizing culture at CBP," McAleenan said. "This is an agency that rescues 4,000 people a year.”

“So you don’t think that having 10,000 officers in a violent, racist group sharing rape memes of members of Congress points to any concern of a dehumanized culture?” Ocasio-Cortez followed up.
    A post uncovered in the ProPublica report showed a depiction of Ocasio-Cortez engaged in oral sex with a detained migrant. Another had an illustration of President Trump forcing the lawmaker's head toward his crotch.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...facebook-group

Nice work America. This is how far we’ve fallen.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    Those agents will likely be his deputies soon.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Interesting how Republicans love to imagine Trump raping women but won't acknowledge women who say Trump raped them.

Quote Originally Posted by Newenglanddeac View Post

Not only is this blatant misogyny and an effort to show male dominance, but it also illustrates the arguments of many here that many older white conservatives have a weird, creepy obsession with AOC. They hate her views and feminist ideals, but crave her all the same. Judging from recent stories about Trump's private discussions about AOC to friends and aides, Trump is probably among her private "admirers."

Robert O'Kelley
    MAGA

Thx Pubs.
    I love mankind...it’s people I can’t stand!!

Quote Originally Posted by Newenglanddeac View Post

fallen? I don't know, bro

feels like technology has shifted to make it easier to bring this stuff to light faster and wider

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever

Ocasio-Cortez hits DHS chief for 'images of my violent rape' in Facebook group

Quote Originally Posted by Highland Deac View Post
    Not only is this blatant misogyny and an effort to show male dominance, but it also illustrates the arguments of many here that many older white conservatives have a weird, creepy obsession with AOC. They hate her views and feminist ideals, but crave her all the same. Judging from recent stories about Trump's private discussions about AOC to friends and aides, Trump is probably among her private "admirers."
    I've seen a few similar statements about Omar as well. It's a general problem that many men have a tough time both finding a woman attractive and respecting her as a peer and definitely as an authority, particularly a young woman.
    Last edited by PhDeac; 07-20-2019 at 01:10 AM.

Never Murdered My FIL
    Can we call this stuff deplorable, or will the old white bastards get their feelings hurt?

Quote Originally Posted by Deacfreak07 View Post
    Can we call this stuff deplorable, or will the old white bastards get their feelings hurt?
    jhmd isn’t that old, dude
    We're going to be good again.

I disagree with you
    So much Dem hate coming from AOC, right sailor?

Punching a fascist is ok, but this is wrong? Make up your mind, libs.

Quote Originally Posted by WakeForestRanger View Post
    A Facebook post by a Louisiana police officer suggesting that Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez “needs a round” drew criticism on Sunday from officials in the city where he works.

The officer, Charlie Rispoli, a 14-year veteran of the police department in Gretna, La., referred to Ms. Ocasio-Cortez, Democrat of New York, in a post on Thursday as “this vile idiot.”

The post continued, saying she “needs a round — and I don’t mean the kind she used to serve,” a reference to her past work as a bartender, according to a screenshot of his comment obtained by The Times-Picayune of New Orleans.

He was responding to a post by the satirical website tatersgonnatate.com with the headline “Ocasio-Cortez on the Budget: ‘We Pay Soldiers Too Much.’”