• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ocasio-Cortez hits DHS chief for 'images of my violent rape' in Facebook group

Newenglanddeac

Reaction score
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) on Thursday confronted acting Homeland Security Secretary Kevin McAleenan about a secret Facebook group in which Border Patrol agents shared racist and sexist content, including sexually graphic images of Ocasio-Cortez.

Their exchange during a House Oversight and Reform Committee hearing came weeks after ProPublica first reported on the Facebook group, containing about 9,500 members, in which posts targeting migrants and lawmakers were shared.

"Did you see the posts planning physical harm to myself and Congresswoman Escobar?" Ocasio-Cortez asked McAleenan, referring to Rep. Veronica Escobar (D-Texas).

"Yes, and I directed an investigation within minutes of reading the article," he replied.

"Did you see the images of officers circulating photoshopped images of my violent rape?" Ocasio-Cortez asked.

"Yes, I did," McAleenan responded.

Asked by the congresswoman whether the officers responsible were on the job today, McAleenan said some had been put "on administrative duties," but did not know which posts those officers made.

“We’ve already put individuals on administrative duties, I don’t know which ones correspond to which posts and we’ve issued cease and desist orders to dozens more,” he said, pointing to an ongoing "aggressive investigation.”

Ocasio-Cortez then asked if the Trump administration's highly controversial family separation policy had led to a “dehumanizing culture” within Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

“We do not have a dehumanizing culture at CBP," McAleenan said. "This is an agency that rescues 4,000 people a year.”

“So you don’t think that having 10,000 officers in a violent, racist group sharing rape memes of members of Congress points to any concern of a dehumanized culture?” Ocasio-Cortez followed up.

A post uncovered in the ProPublica report showed a depiction of Ocasio-Cortez engaged in oral sex with a detained migrant. Another had an illustration of President Trump forcing the lawmaker's head toward his crotch.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/...r-images-of-my-violent-rape-in-facebook-group

Nice work America. This is how far we’ve fallen.

Interesting how Republicans love to imagine Trump raping women but won't acknowledge women who say Trump raped them.

Not only is this blatant misogyny and an effort to show male dominance, but it also illustrates the arguments of many here that many older white conservatives have a weird, creepy obsession with AOC. They hate her views and feminist ideals, but crave her all the same. Judging from recent stories about Trump's private discussions about AOC to friends and aides, Trump is probably among her private "admirers."

Not only is this blatant misogyny and an effort to show male dominance, but it also illustrates the arguments of many here that many older white conservatives have a weird, creepy obsession with AOC. They hate her views and feminist ideals, but crave her all the same. Judging from recent stories about Trump's private discussions about AOC to friends and aides, Trump is probably among her private "admirers."

I've seen a few similar statements about Omar as well. It's a general problem that many men have a tough time both finding a woman attractive and respecting her as a peer and definitely as an authority, particularly a young woman.

Last edited:
Can we call this stuff deplorable, or will the old white bastards get their feelings hurt?

Punching a fascist is ok, but this is wrong? Make up your mind, libs.

A Facebook post by a Louisiana police officer suggesting that Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez “needs a round” drew criticism on Sunday from officials in the city where he works.

The officer, Charlie Rispoli, a 14-year veteran of the police department in Gretna, La., referred to Ms. Ocasio-Cortez, Democrat of New York, in a post on Thursday as “this vile idiot.”

The post continued, saying she “needs a round — and I don’t mean the kind she used to serve,” a reference to her past work as a bartender, according to a screenshot of his comment obtained by The Times-Picayune of New Orleans.

He was responding to a post by the satirical website tatersgonnatate.com with the headline “Ocasio-Cortez on the Budget: ‘We Pay Soldiers Too Much.’”

5d32340b50050.image.jpg

Back