• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tim Duncan stepping away; Songaila steps in

was always curious on the backstory here
Timmy distanced himself from Wake because of the way Wellman [in Tim's perception] forced Odom into leaving Wake for South Carolina. Wellman refused to give Odom an extension or new contract based on "performance" and criticized Odom in public. Timmy took exception and disliked Wellman ever after.

Sorry. I answered Juice's question as soon as I read his post before the others.
:)

With Tim being an official assistant coach, he would be expected to do all the road trips, including the 20 day Rodeo one. Otherwise Pop would be operating with fewer resources than his opponent. That is unlikely.

Tim's "coach of whatever he wants" position let let him not travel. Official assistant coach position means he will be traveling.

Pops has been known to sit out players - why not save TD for the playoffs as well?

Is Tim already a more accomplished coach than Manning?

The Odom departure is only one of the reasons that Tim was pissed with WFU. Its probably not even the biggest.

Wellman is a hateable dude?

Not sure what info you need, jaybone. Pop confirmed his staff yesterday.

To know his is to hate him.

To not know him is to hate him from afar.

you're posting under the handle of a Revenge of the Nerds character, spill the beans or don't post about all this info you claim to have

Whatever. Just trying to correct a half truth that has morphed into the bible on why Tim has distanced himself from Wake.

Whatever. Just trying to correct a half truth that has morphed into the bible on why Tim has distanced himself from Wake.

Not a correction. Confirmation plus a nod to a supplement.

I respect the confidentiality

always felt the Odom thing didn't quite add up to a complete divorce from Tim

it tracks that there is a lot more to the story

Something that happened 23+ years ago between people who are no longer even employees of Wake, and we're to believe that an anonymous balding poster on a message board knows something that hasn't become public over the years, but needs to protect his sources.

I know this will come as a shock to some, but it is entirely possible that posters on this message board, having gone to Wake Forest, might know other students who attended at the same time. Those other students might include Tim Duncan, Chris Paul, Riley Skinner, Allison Rushing, Josh Gattis, Drew Brown, or whomever else might be in the news. And knowing those people personally, these posters may choose not to share all information they know due to those relationships.

Now whether it is advisable to make comments indicating that certain posts are factually inaccurate while refusing the state what is inaccurate is another story.

And to be clear, I do not have personal relationships with any of the folks listed above.

Back