• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tim Duncan stepping away; Songaila steps in

He was a human shield. Did better at that than Rusty I guess. Still sucks for Chill.

I'm just going on record with a fuck you. Childress wanted to come home. He was saddled with shit coaches. So fuck you. I hope he gets a chance to learn how to coach from legit coaches. Did i mention fuck you?
Chill doesn't need a white knight. He's a big boy.

I think we will find out in 6 months if Childress is any good or not.

Forbes isn't going to have deadweight on his bench.

Timmy D choosing the grind of an NBA assistant seemed an odd fit to me. It seems like a Twitch channel is more his speed at this point in his life.

By the way, I didn't realize until Googling just now that he named his daughter Quill. Yes, named after that Quill (those who know, know).

Now begins Forbes' biggest recruiting task yet. Get Timmy on the staff

Why in the hell would Duncan want to do that? I imagine he stepped down from the Spurs because he wanted to get away from the daily grind of coaching.

Tim just needs to work at his garage and chill. Dude made nearly $250M in his playing career. Enjoy retirement, find some charitable causes to get involved with, and travel (when we can again).

Tim Duncan stepping away from full-time coaching

Lots of uninformed assumptions and random unsolicited advice running rampant. Message boards FTW

The write-ups about this make it seem like this was always a temporary deal and the Spurs organization is willing to accommodate whatever Timmy wants to do. So if he wants to come back and coach in the future, they'll figure it out.

That was my take when he joined the staff last year. It was a temporary favor to pop whether 1 year or more it was never his goal to do it forever. Can't imagine he wants to live the sports bubble life when he can be happy at home with the family.

I'm just going on record with a fuck you. Childress wanted to come home. He was saddled with shit coaches. So fuck you. I hope he gets a chance to learn how to coach from legit coaches. Did i mention fuck you?

Still could have coached the guards better regardless of who was the head coach.

Those two head coaches are so bad we don't know what they did to f everything up. Coaching and playing against the riptide.

That was my take when he joined the staff last year. It was a temporary favor to pop whether 1 year or more it was never his goal to do it forever. Can't imagine he wants to live the sports bubble life when he can be happy at home with the family.

That may well be. But some people choose to coach because they like it. The talk here makes it seem like everyone is dying to get out of that profession and they only do it because they have to. Again, Timmy may or may not be cut out for it long term but it’s just weird to presume that he isn’t and to advise him to leave.

Like anyone he wants to find purpose in life and it’s up to him to decide if that’s in coaching, grind or no grind.

I don't think anyone is saying he's not cut out for it. Simply that he is not really interested in doing it long term.

I don't think anyone is saying he's not cut out for it. Simply that he is not really interested in doing it long term.

Which isn't much of a stretch since he has essentially said as much.

Or yet. He’s Tim Duncan. He can do any job with the Spurs he wants. Maybe they asked him to step in for a season after Udoka and Messina left. Who knows.

Back