• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tim Duncan stepping away; Songaila steps in

Rusty Larue dunking an alley oop in his final home game (24 pt win against UNC) has got to be in there.

Was sitting on the front row of the baseline in the student section wondering what the fuck Tony Rutland was doing throwing an alley-oop from half court to Rusty. I've played pickup with Rusty many times and knew he could dunk but that was an absolute shock to see him go up and throw that down.

Rusty Larue dunking an alley oop in his final home game (24 pt win against UNC) has got to be in there.

I guess there's a distinction between favorite & best. Dunks by Buck, Larue, etc are cool because of the rarity factor but in no way compare to the what we've seen from the likes of Rodney Rogers, James Johnson, Teague, & LD.

Rodney once did a 360 on State's Todd Fuller (6'11) that was the best dunk I've ever seen from a WF player.

This one from JJ was special

Rodney's Breakaway 360 dunk in that 26-point win over UNC was special. The place went nuts.

Dan Bonner definitely went crazy

This is the best dunk in Wake history. And one of the most memorable games I have ever attended. This was also the game when RC hit 6 straight 3's early in the second half to blow open a tight game.

This first dunk by LD Williams is the one that stands out for me. It's not a 360, but the dude was only 6'4", skied in the air, snagged it with one hand behind his head, and threw it down with authority. Mind boggling still to this day.

This first dunk by LD Williams is the one that stands out for me. It's not a 360, but the dude was only 6'4", skied in the air, snagged it with one hand behind his head, and threw it down with authority. Mind boggling still to this day.

This is the correct answer if the question is best dunk - may not be favorite, but best... Rodney's 360 is up there but there was no one around and he makes it look too easy...

This is the correct answer if the question is best dunk - may not be favorite, but best... Rodney's 360 is up there but there was no one around and he makes it look too easy...

And this is why LD's nickname was Fetch.

I remember going nuts seeing that LD dunk in person. And that "AHH LD WILLIAMS!" call will be forever ingrained in my brain.

This is the best dunk in Wake history. And one of the most memorable games I have ever attended. This was also the game when RC hit 6 straight 3's early in the second half to blow open a tight game.

Not only did Chill hit 6 straight 3s, he did it in less than 2 minutes. He absolutely took over the game.

Not only did Chill hit 6 straight 3s, he did it in less than 2 minutes. He absolutely took over the game.

I thought that the place was going to explode. Loudest I have ever heard it.

Back