Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Nate Cohn: Trumpís Electoral College Edge Could Grow in 2020

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Itís unfair to take away the power of companies to lord health care over their employees? Geez. There are plenty of other ways to attract and retain employees than playing with their life.

Quote Originally Posted by cville deac View Post
    Congratulations? Where in FL?
    Thanks! PM sent.
    Birds are real.

I disagree with you
    lol no businesses want to deal with offering healthcare for employees. it's an expensive boondoggle an at best an arms race for employee retention

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Itís unfair to take away the power of companies to lord health care over their employees? Geez. There are plenty of other ways to attract and retain employees than playing with their life.
    That's not what I am saying.

Examples Company A: Fully funds health plan, pays 100% of employee cost at $8,000 per employee.
    Company B: Only pays 50% of employees cost at $4,000 per employee.

Under Warren we switch to MFA: Her plan has company A paying 98% of their pre MFA costs or double of what company B is paying with everybody on the same MFA.

Also, Company B's employees get a $4,000 raise while Company's A employees get nothing. Even though the health costs were part of market determined compensation packages.

Expanding Mod Powers
    Sure, but won't Company A just cut their benefits in half after one year to remain competitive ? Health insurance coverage changes annually anyway.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Also both companies can change their compensation packages post M4A to be more or less competitive as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    Sure, but won't Company A just cut their benefits in half after one year to remain competitive ? Health insurance coverage changes annually anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Also both companies can change their compensation packages post M4A to be more or less competitive as needed.
    Providing flexibility there blows the funding assumptions wide open. Every company would switch to the cheapest tax option possible. She is also requiring small businesses who offered healthcare to keep paying in while not requiring small businesses that don't to do so. If i have an option as a small business owner to stop paying while my employees continue to get coverage, then of course i would do that.
    Last edited by ChrisL68; 11-05-2019 at 08:48 PM.

Expanding Mod Powers
    Yeah, close up business for ChrisL68, LLC on 12/31/2020 with benefits. Open ChrisL69, LLC on 1/1/2021 with no benefits and an FSA or something.

I'm using clips of the 2016 debates to teach Greek Rhetoric to my classes, and I'm terrified. I'd forgotten how good Trump is at knowing exactly what to say to elicit a positive response from ignorant or outright stupid people. Given that these are the people deciding the election in the 7 states that matter, I'm a little nauseous.