• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Nate Cohn: Trump’s Electoral College Edge Could Grow in 2020

It’s unfair to take away the power of companies to lord health care over their employees? Geez. There are plenty of other ways to attract and retain employees than playing with their life.

lol no businesses want to deal with offering healthcare for employees. it's an expensive boondoggle an at best an arms race for employee retention

It’s unfair to take away the power of companies to lord health care over their employees? Geez. There are plenty of other ways to attract and retain employees than playing with their life.

That's not what I am saying.

Examples Company A: Fully funds health plan, pays 100% of employee cost at $8,000 per employee.
Company B: Only pays 50% of employees cost at $4,000 per employee.

Under Warren we switch to MFA: Her plan has company A paying 98% of their pre MFA costs or double of what company B is paying with everybody on the same MFA.

Also, Company B's employees get a $4,000 raise while Company's A employees get nothing. Even though the health costs were part of market determined compensation packages.

Sure, but won't Company A just cut their benefits in half after one year to remain competitive ? Health insurance coverage changes annually anyway.

Also both companies can change their compensation packages post M4A to be more or less competitive as needed.

Sure, but won't Company A just cut their benefits in half after one year to remain competitive ? Health insurance coverage changes annually anyway.
Also both companies can change their compensation packages post M4A to be more or less competitive as needed.
Providing flexibility there blows the funding assumptions wide open. Every company would switch to the cheapest tax option possible. She is also requiring small businesses who offered healthcare to keep paying in while not requiring small businesses that don't to do so. If i have an option as a small business owner to stop paying while my employees continue to get coverage, then of course i would do that.

Last edited:
Yeah, close up business for ChrisL68, LLC on 12/31/2020 with benefits. Open ChrisL69, LLC on 1/1/2021 with no benefits and an FSA or something.

I'm using clips of the 2016 debates to teach Greek Rhetoric to my classes, and I'm terrified. I'd forgotten how good Trump is at knowing exactly what to say to elicit a positive response from ignorant or outright stupid people. Given that these are the people deciding the election in the 7 states that matter, I'm a little nauseous.

Back