• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Time to step down, Nancy

Do you not believe the President's actions, as detailed in the report, constitute impeachable offenses?

I don't know. I have not read the report. My question was what new information was disclosed that made people surprised Pelosi's position on impeachment hasn't changed. I got my answer.

I don't know. I have not read the report. My question was what new information was disclosed that made people surprised Pelosi's position on impeachment hasn't changed. I got my answer.

I don’t know what she’s waiting for. The case is already strong but she weakens it by waiting.

It's not so much that there would be new information. There's always been plenty of evidence to support impeachment. What Pelosi seems to be concerned about (mistakenly in my opinion), is the public's knowledge of the evidence and support for impeachment. It's clear though that most of the public has no idea what it's the report, and it was hopefully useful to clarify publicly that the Russians intervened to help Trump and continue to attack our elections, that he welcomed the help and subsequently lied about it and directed subordinates to lie, that there is clear evidence of multiple counts of obstruction of justice, and the reason he has not been indicted is because he is the sitting president, and he very well may face criminal charges when he leaves office.

Nancy doesn’t understand that it’s her job to make sure the public knows and impeachment is the way she’s supposed to do it.

Nancy doesn't want to swing and miss. She knows it would reflect poorly on her and the other centrist "cough" WALL STREET SHILLS "cough" that currently run the party if charges are brought and he's somehow not impeached. Nancy cares far more about staying in powerful, than doing anything meaningful. That should be obvious.

It also wouldn't surprise me if Trump had something on her or her family. No chance they're clean.

Last edited:

Not important enough for you to educate yourself about, I guess.

Again volume II could not be more clear that the only person in America who wouldn’t already be indicted on obstruction charges is the president. There are over five different discrete actions that constitute obstruction (where all three elements of the crime are met).

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/a...ts-are-experiencing-clash-generations/594808/

We’ve both seen successive promises made by the Boomer elites go horrifically wrong. If you are our age—he’s 33 and I’m 31—the great events that shape your worldview are not a series of Western triumphs, but a succession of spectacular failures. Our formative experiences were the Iraq War, the 2008 financial crisis, and the election of Donald Trump. That makes it hard to defer to a veteran like Pelosi on strategy, when her generation has racked up so many failures.

The Democrats are experiencing a clash of generations. As in all such clashes, each side thinks the other is delusional. When the Millennial left looks at the establishment, it sees leaders senescent with decades in the House, blindly clinging to bipartisan civility that no longer exists, unable to view men like Mitch McConnell as their opponents and not their colleagues, and believing that white voters are the only path to victory in 2020. The Millennials see themselves as the realists here.

https://newrepublic.com/article/154523/nancy-pelosi-impeach

It’s not clear whether Pelosi even thinks people actually believe this line of reasoning. She just doesn’t seem to think it’s her job to convince them. Voters handed Democrats a meaningful avenue for holding the executive branch accountable in 2018, but Pelosi seems to have no interest in the hard work of doing that, except inasmuch as it means Democratic Party elites will issue public statements condemning the president’s actions, and effectively fundraise off of those public statements. As far as she’s concerned, her assurance that she’s in some distant fashion righting the wrongs of Trumpism by hoarding her own symbolic political power should be action enough for now.

To be fair, her behavior isn’t unusual in the context of Democratic Party leadership, where the standing expectation is that elites will make decisions for the electorate behind closed doors, that voters are too unsophisticated to understand their political calculus, and that leadership has no political or moral obligation to educate them. Pelosi said as much herself when she claimed that one reason for her hesitancy to begin impeachment proceedings was that the public did not understand how impeachment works. That assessment may in fact be true, but if so, it implies more, not less, civic engagement on the part of party leaders. In her stolid insistence that the whole impeachment process is simply too complicated for the electorate to comprehend, she manages to reinforce the very misperception she criticizes—that impeachment is an up-or-down vote, and not a process designed to build a case against an unfit president accused of misconduct—by suggesting that it’s unlikely that impeachment would, by definition, be successful, because the Senate is unlikely to convict.

This has not, of course, stopped her from fundraising off of it. Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee donor inboxes are littered with appeals signed by the speaker to, all caps, stop Trump, as if the critical brake mechanisms are being controlled by donors and not by the officials whose elections they support. It’s like watching a person drown while the lifeguard sits in her tower, performatively noting with alarm that someone is sinking into the sea and surely someone—someone!—must save the swimmer.

Good article. I liked the comparison of Bernie to Goldwater and the understanding of the long game.

I don’t think olds truly understand how someone like AOC feels about the party.

Her first time voting was in 2008 at 19 years old. She voted for a 47 year old Democrat nominee who burst on the scene only 4 years prior. He won by 9.5M votes, Dems won 8 seats in the Senate under Reid, Dems expanded their House majority by 21 under Pelosi.

Two years later, Pelosi and House Dems lost 63 seats in the House. Reid and the Senate lost almost all the majority and gained a little back in 2012 before getting destroyed in 2014 despite that same President still being fairly popular. The House didn’t get back in the majority until AOC herself ran for office 10 years later.

Now if you’re AOC, do you think the people who squandered the results of your first election as a voter are people to be followed or replaced?

You voted for a 47 year old to lead the party in 2008. Eight years later the only viable nominees were 69 and 75. The party leaders now are 68 and 79. Why would a 29 year old get in line?

Last edited:
little red lubette does what her justice democrat handlers tell her to do

Who are her “justice democrat handlers”? It’s always gotta be some conspiracy for the right. It can never just be people actually care about other people which is fair given the general level of compassion your average conservative has for other people.

When I opened this thread, I assumed the title was the subject line of a letter PhDeac received from a dean at USF when his 100k+ post count on ogboards.com was discovered.

Who are her “justice democrat handlers”? It’s always gotta be some conspiracy for the right. It can never just be people actually care about other people which is fair given the general level of compassion your average conservative has for other people.

Justice dems just got a dem primary debate about climate change. They organize and get shit done. AOC approves. Sailor chokes on his brandy on a boat and jerks it to Orban and reads Ben Shapiro tweets and cackles. The world turns.

Back