• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Time to step down, Nancy

TownieDeac

words are futile devices
Reaction score
Thread for ongoing “Pelosi is bad at her job and should step aside” content

Playing ball on debt ceiling again today til 2021 when the GOP will not do the same for a Dem president is peak boomer dem nonsense.

This term to date has been an unmitigated disaster. She’s done as much to normalize trump as the GOP.

We gave her a chance and she has failed.

She needs to go after the election. Otherwise, there will absolute madness and Trump will win. No one else could keep the House in line.

Her time has passed, but there is no one to replace her under Trump.

She needs to go after the election. Otherwise, there will absolute madness and Trump will win. No one else could keep the House in line.

Her time has passed, but there is no one to replace her under Trump.

“Keeping the House in line” has led to funding border cages with no requirements to improve conditions and giving away Dems’ only source of leverage.

I see she's following up the debt ceiling fireworks with an anti-BDS resolution. Just a stellar way to use party resources.

Speaking of which, leadership used $ to pay for a poll of non-college-educated white ppl to say the freshmen Congressmen aren't popular, leaked it to Axios, and there it showed up in Trump's campaign email the next day. Again, just great leadership.

Warming more and more to this take:

She is just awful. The entire leadership is. Proving yet again my theory that nobody over 60 should be in a position of power in government.

I thought she did a nice job early on w/r/t the government shutdown, but she has not messaged the Mueller report at all, and she should have weaponized the debt ceiling.

“Keeping the House in line” has led to funding border cages with no requirements to improve conditions and giving away Dems’ only source of leverage.

It was never going to pass the Senate and Dems would have been blamed due to their weakness in messaging.

I thought she did a nice job early on w/r/t the government shutdown, but she has not messaged the Mueller report at all, and she should have weaponized the debt ceiling.

The entire DNC has failed miserably on Mueller. He's going to be much more boring than people are expecting.

Thanks boomers

I see she's following up the debt ceiling fireworks with an anti-BDS resolution. Just a stellar way to use party resources.

Speaking of which, leadership used $ to pay for a poll of non-college-educated white ppl to say the freshmen Congressmen aren't popular, leaked it to Axios, and there it showed up in Trump's campaign email the next day. Again, just great leadership.

Seriously, Nancy?

I have a new theory that basically results in that take. The Democratic Party leadership is made up primarily of women and minorities and for lack better word beta white dudes all who grew up internalizing the idea that if you follow the rules you’ll be successful. And that has worked for them in their careers in law and business or whatever. But they get worked in politics by Republican leaders who are mostly wealthy white guys who make and break the rules.

Millennials and young Gen Xers, especially women and minorities, grew up with the housing crisis, worked hard and went to college only to see rich white people tell them they don’t belong, and witnessed mountains of BS under Republicans realize the rules are BS too. They’re trying to convince Nancy and Chuck and the other olds that the rules don’t matter but they just won’t have any of it.

Interestingly, listening to NPR yesterday, they reported the budget deal as a complete defeat for Republicans, because all benefit spending would continue unabated.

Back