• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bringing Death Penalty Back at the Federal Level After Two Decades

13 years on death row as a national average is absurd. Justice delayed is justice denied.

Hang 'em the next day!

Who cares if we kill a few or more innocent people?

Let's draw and quarter them at halftime of the Super Bowl to avoid seeing another pop star's boob!!!

I’m not sure what you think you are proving by following me around and calling me a “libertarian” in every thread you can find me. I’ve never claimed to be one. I voted for Gary Johnson in 2016 and I’ve said I have libertarian leanings when it comes to regulation of economic markets, but that’s about the extent of it.

In any event, I’ll take faint hearted libertarianism any day over being a kook who wouldn’t even put murderers behind bars.

Thanks for Donald Trump, Junebug!

I’m not sure what you think you are proving by following me around and calling me a “libertarian” in every thread you can find me. I’ve never claimed to be one. I voted for Gary Johnson in 2016 and I’ve said I have libertarian leanings when it comes to regulation of economic markets, but that’s about the extent of it.

In any event, I’ll take faint hearted libertarianism any day over being a kook who wouldn’t even put murderers behind bars.

I think the death penalty is, theoretically, appropriate punishment for some horrible crimes. Doesn’t matter the costs or if it’s a general deterrent.

If we are, or could be, certain (truly) of the identity of the guilty.

In reality, I’m not confident enough in our system to get it right—so I’m against it.

I’m against it generally because its application isn’t limited to cases of certainty.

Yes I’m against it because executing one person who is innocent is an egregious state action even if we execute 100 Dylan Roofs.

I didn’t know we doled out justice based on price.

I didn’t know we doled out justice based on price.

I still don't know when conservatives care about how much stuff costs.

Just another reminder that the cruelty is the point for the Junebug crowd.

Your post still presumes death row isn’t punishment.

Thanks for Donald Trump, Junebug!

What % of the vote did Johnson get? it is an embarrassment that Donald Trump got elected President, but he wouldn't have if either the GOP or Dems put up a decent opposition candidate.

A: 3.28%, zero electoral votes.

Last edited:
No it doesn’t. If death is the sentence, and the prisoner spends 13 years on death row, then he’s not receiving the appropriate punishment. It’s akin to serving probation when jail time is the appropriate sentence.

That’s a flawed analogy at best.

No it doesn’t. If death is the sentence, and the prisoner spends 13 years on death row, then he’s not receiving the appropriate punishment. It’s akin to serving probation when jail time is the appropriate sentence.

We should kill 'em quick. If we find out later that it was a mistake, we can fix it.

Back