• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

IF we increase our debt limit,

How about Jon Corzine?

Sure, he didn't do anything during his time as a politician (that I know of), but he was chairman of Goldman Sachs during the run-up.

But the time when this all blew up he had NOTHING to do with G-S. He was gone in 2000 from there.

The madness didn't start until at least 2-3 years later.

Why do we even have a debt limit?

statutory-debt-limit-2011-updatePNG.png

What a strange group to be castigating the bail out of AIG. AIG screwed up. The investment banks screwed up. Congress screwed up by repealing Glass-Stegall.

And without the bailout of the banks and AIG, dirk and rj would be blowing guys in the alley for loose change, while jh would be trying to go back and get a gubmint job.

There wasn't a choice.

Geez, having to choose between entrepreneurial fellating and a public sector job...wait, what's the difference again? ;)

Apparently I have to spread rep around before giving it to you again, jh, so I'll just say "well played" in a post instead.

What a strange group to be castigating the bail out of AIG. AIG screwed up. The investment banks screwed up. Congress screwed up by repealing Glass-Stegall.

And without the bailout of the banks and AIG, dirk and rj would be blowing guys in the alley for loose change, while jh would be trying to go back and get a gubmint job.

There wasn't a choice.

Speak for yourself ass pirate.

http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2011/07/16/rep-jackson-lee-suggests-race-delaying-debt-solution

The battle continues on Capitol Hill over whether to raise the debt ceiling. Both sides of the aisle have their sticking points, but until now, race had not been a factor.

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Texas, suggested during a House floor speech Friday that raising the debt ceiling was being held up by members of Congress because President Obama is black.

"Only this president--only this one--only this one has received the kind of attacks and disagreements and inability to work," she said. "Only this one. Read between the lines."

"What is different about this president that should put him in a position that he should not receive the same kind of respectful treatment of when it is necessary to raise the debt limit in order to pay our bills?" she added.

A member of the Congressional Black Caucus, Jackson Lee said the debt limit was raised many times under previous Democratic and Republican presidents. "In the minority community that is the question that is being raised. Why is this president being treated so disrespectfully?"

I have posted several times that it was a great day in our country when black man was elected president, but it will also be a great day when one can be critical of that president without being accused of racism. I am usually roasted for doing so.

Yet dems like Lee will repeatedly play the race card to defend Obama whenever it suits their purpose.

Please tell me what the debate over raising the debt ceiling has to with race.

I have posted several times that it was a great day in our country when black man was elected president, but it will also be a great day when one can be critical of that president without being accused of racism. I am usually roasted for doing so.

Yet dems like Lee will repeatedly play the race card to defend Obama whenever it suits their purpose.

Don't others play the religion card?

Great post.

Yes, they do. There is no room for that in the conversation either. What's your point?

That both "sides" have ideology that they use to their advantage.

Standard & Poors is considering downgrading our debt just like Moody's.

Dems have puttons of cuts on the table. The GOP has walked out every time revenues were brought up.

The primary reason we are hosed is Cantor wants to take Boehner's job. Boehner could get enough GOP votes in the House for a rational deal. But he knows if he tries, Cantor will immediately try to take the Speakership.

Dems have puttons of cuts on the table. The GOP has walked out every time revenues were brought up.

The primary reason we are hosed is Cantor wants to take Boehner's job. Boehner could get enough GOP votes in the House for a rational deal. But he knows if he tries, Cantor will immediately try to take the Speakership.

You win the argument. Congrats!

Back