• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

IF we increase our debt limit,

Better hope he can keep some of it to put on his, Don, Jr and Jared's commissary accounts at Sing Sing.

That's state court.

They won't go to federal prison.

I'd love to see the Orange Ommpa Loompa's reaction if they are indicted in New York State or charged with perjury if the Dems take the House.

That's state court.

They won't go to federal prison.

I'd love to see the Orange Ommpa Loompa's reaction if they are indicted in New York State or charged with perjury if the Dems take the House.

I’m buying our first round the day that happens. You name the bar.

I can dream can't I ?

We’re dreaming the same dream. You’ve been right about the Trumps since I started posting on this board. They’re the worst kind of white collar criminals.

"Trump's Fiscal Year 2019 budget projects the debt will increase $8.3 trillion during his first term. It's almost as much as Obama added in two terms while fighting a recession."

crickets...

"Trump's Fiscal Year 2019 budget projects the debt will increase $8.3 trillion during his first term. It's almost as much as Obama added in two terms while fighting a recession."

crickets...

To be fair, the GOP never said WE had a debt problem. They said Democrats had a debt problem. It’s a small distinction, but an important one.

Why don't the dems just respond in 2020 with a massive tax increase on the top 1%, balance the budget and lower everyone else's taxes while improving their healthcare. This shouldn't be a hard fight to win. It's 99 vs 1.

Why don't the dems just respond in 2020 with a massive tax increase on the top 1%, balance the budget and lower everyone else's taxes while improving their healthcare. This shouldn't be a hard fight to win. It's 99 vs 1.

Because gun control, abortion and Benghazi

Because you can't tax the top 1% enough to achieve all those objectives and it would end up crashing the economy and put Republicans back in control

Conservatives have also expanded their voter base for opposing tax cuts to the rich by splitting voters up into two groups: those already rich and those who one day might become rich. The latter vote against their own self interest either because they believe that the economy is better suited regardless or, more likely, because they think one day they'll be rich and don't want their future hypothetical selves to be taxed at a higher rate.

Generally, conservatives are far better at playing politics than liberals.

Conservatives have also expanded their voter base for opposing tax cuts to the rich by splitting voters up into two groups: those already rich and those who one day might become rich. The latter vote against their own self interest either because they believe that the economy is better suited regardless or, more likely, because they think one day they'll be rich and don't want their future hypothetical selves to be taxed at a higher rate.

Generally, conservatives are far better at playing politics than liberals.
There's a pretty significant strain of rugged individualism in this country.

I always marveled at some of the people raging over the deficit, as if they understand it's role in a macro economy. I'm not saying people who failed out of school before 12th grade shouldn't have a voice, but it does make me wonder where they get the confidence to get up in arms about one of the most complex and unpredictable subjects on the planet.

Hence why I also don't get up in arms. I've got some opinions, but you could probably sway me with a coherent argument one way or the other given a particular time and circumstance.

I always marveled at some of the people raging over the deficit, as if they understand it's role in a macro economy. I'm not saying people who failed out of school before 12th grade shouldn't have a voice, but it does make me wonder where they get the confidence to get up in arms about one of the most complex and unpredictable subjects on the planet.

because they have been told that it's just like a family runnin' up that credit card debt.

Back