• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Changes coming for the USWNT?

Fusiondad10

Reaction score
Now that Jill Ellis has announced she'd leaving in October after the Victory tour, change to the USWNT is a given. The Olympics are coming up next summer in Japan, and the USWNT should be a huge favorite( no country has ever won the WWC and Olympics in the 2 year cycle). No France, No Germany, biggest challenges from England and possibly Netherlands, Sweden, Brazil and Japan along with Australia if they qualify. Who'd you consider for the head coaching slot? Which of these current players will be retired, or left off the roster( I believe it's only 18 players ). With a coaching change coming roster changes might come as well. There's a generational change probably coming before 2023 WC. Likely the last time for Lloyd, Rapinoe and Sauerbrunn,.It's a challenge to pull off the win, and start the change to the younger group...For next summer my first roster choices:

Naeher GK
Harris - GK
Dunn -LB
DahlKemper -CB
Davidson -CB
Sonnett - RB
Hinkle LB
Ertz - DM
Press LW
Mewis AM
Horan AM
Lavelle AM
Pugh - RW
Morgan -S
Heath RW
Rapinoe LW
O'Hara RB

Maybe

Lloyd - maybe
Casey Short - LB maybe
Sauerbrunn - CB maybe
Bryant - DM maybe
Kreiger RB Maybe
O'Hara RB

You know we have a massive thread for this, right?

How in the world could I have missed the hundreds of insightful posts on the "massive" thread since Jill Ellis made her announcement? I'll delete this thread and hurry over to the "massive" thread to salivate over your illuminating commentary on these questions. Thanks for your "massive" advice.

you’re a massive tool. “massive” tool as well

Worst poster on the boards. Bar none.

LOL, always was.
Nah, I used to shit on you WAYYYY more around 7-10 years ago and you never seemed to notice. I know because I remember your horrible dumb takes but you never came back at me. This was DS days and early OGB days.

Now? You reply to every slight as if your honor was being e-attacked. Like you can't handle someone having the audacity to call out your opinion as asinine. You've have plenty of asinine opinions, but you've only started to care that others are also noticing in the last few months.

You've changed.

I suspect you have started watching Fox News in the last 3 years. Am I right?
Not judging, just predicting.

Nah, I used to shit on you WAYYYY more around 7-10 years ago and you never seemed to notice. I know because I remember your horrible dumb takes but you never came back at me. This was DS days and early OGB days.

Now? You reply to every slight as if your honor was being e-attacked. Like you can't handle someone having the audacity to call out your opinion as asinine. You've have plenty of asinine opinions, but you've only started to care that others are also noticing in the last few months.

You've changed.

I suspect you have started watching Fox News in the last 3 years. Am I right?
Not judging, just predicting.

Appreciate the tone of your language. Not sure I appreciate the idea that it's ok for you and others to claim I have "plenty of asinine opinions" and that if I watch Fox News there's something stereotypical with that as well, but then if I defend myself that's wrong too. It's cool if people disagree with something I post. So if the disagreement is accompanied with an argument or point of view I'll absolutely respect that whether I agree with it or not. I've posted that thought MANY, MANY times in some of my responses. If it's just some snarky call out or playground name calling I'm frankly sick of that. It's infantile, and it's plagues this board imo. I assure you that I DON'T START the arguments with individual posters, and if you have followed me you know that. You're right though that I have started firing back more often. I took offense on this latest deal because of the snarky tone of SD's comment. It was clearly meant as an insult. Honestly, I agree with him that I could have just posted on the soccer thread. A new thread wasn't "necessary", although at the time I posted my thread little about anything but Jill Ellis announcement had been noted on the soccer thread so I decided to start the discussion on a new thread. It wasn't board savvy on my part, but it wasn't worth an insult. If we're gonna call people out and post negative and insulting things that are personal attacks, then folks are gonna respond sometimes. That's real life on this board.

Appreciate the tone of your language. Not sure I appreciate the idea that it's ok for you and others to claim I have "plenty of asinine opinions" and that if I watch Fox News there's something stereotypical with that as well, but then if I defend myself that's wrong too. It's cool if people disagree with something I post. So if the disagreement is accompanied with an argument or point of view I'll absolutely respect that whether I agree with it or not. I've posted that thought MANY, MANY times in some of my responses. If it's just some snarky call out or playground name calling I'm frankly sick of that. It's infantile, and it's plagues this board imo. I assure you that I DON'T START the arguments with individual posters, and if you have followed me you know that. You're right though that I have started firing back more often. I took offense on this latest deal because of the snarky tone of SD's comment. It was clearly meant as an insult. Honestly, I agree with him that I could have just posted on the soccer thread. A new thread wasn't "necessary", although at the time I posted my thread little about anything but Jill Ellis announcement had been noted on the soccer thread so I decided to start the discussion on a new thread. It wasn't board savvy on my part, but it wasn't worth an insult. If we're gonna call people out and post negative and insulting things that are personal attacks, then folks are gonna respond sometimes. That's real life on this board.

lol

"You know we have a massive thread for this, right?"

If that is now offensive then...honestly nvm I'm not surprised.

this is a "yes i watch fox news" answer

this is a "yes i watch fox news" answer

Wow, I think that says a lot more about you than me Milhouse. Pretty clear that you and most of the other posters who've made insults and name calling about me, but offered NO IDEAS to contradict me, are more interested in self gratification, following the mob and looking cool than actually having discussion where they might actually learn or help someone else learn. This shaming and stereotyping you are using is really a measure of the shallow, immature thinking and attitude y'all have. Sorry, I can't help you there.

Back