• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Pit Fantasy Football League One - Edarem vs. Wolf in the 'ship

Poor Manslow has 2 QBs & neither are playing this week. Trubisky is done. Tannehill postponed. Oops.

Poor Manslow has 2 QBs & neither are playing this week. Trubisky is done. Tannehill postponed. Oops.

Yeah COVID really killed me. If you had told me the Bears would be 3-0 I would’ve told you that my Trubisky flyer was genius.

Yeah COVID really killed me. If you had told me the Bears would be 3-0 I would’ve told you that my Trubisky flyer was genius.

Big Ben being out this week hurts too, I'm basically banking on Jimmy G not being healthy enough to start Sunday so Mullens gets one more game.

Well done to DeaconPeach on giving me a whooping this week at the hands of Amari Cooper but I can’t be too upset as he helped me win a few dollars in DFS
4b29beea41912fcd6e128ef709e61bbc.jpg

glad there was a random Packer on the free agent list as of this weekend to use in place of Davante.

Fuck COVID but at least now my QB bye week is out of the way

Nick Foles is on the trading block for another starting QB. didn't look to see that he has the same bye week as Josh Allen.

LOL. I picked up and played the Jags defense because I was afraid the Chiefs game would be postponed. My team is wrecked right now, but would have won this week if I had stuck with the Chiefs D.

I need a TE as well (Disco Kid). Have some interesting WR's. PH Batsignal activated.

2020 Pit Fantasy Football League One - Welcome Ph, Mr. and Mrs. iodeac

I need a TE as well (Disco Kid). Have some interesting WR's. PH Batsignal activated.

I’m thinking about it. I’d rather not trade him though.

I really need a RB though. I have 3 TE. A very good one, a good one, and a decent one with upside. I’d be open to trading Hurst or Ebron for a comparable flex RB or WR.

Last edited:
I have Ertz and Hockenson at TE if anyone wants to make an offer for either.

Also would entertain TE offers that improve my qb or firm up my backup qb situation

I have Fant and Schultz at TE, also listening to offers.

These writeups are never as fun to write when I lose, especially when COVID forces me to start Nick Mullens on SNF. Fuck Nick Mullens. Here are your Week 4 stats:

gFWpwtf.png
5LgVTNy.png

Week 4 Awards
  • The "Fuck Nick Mullens" award goes to Manning's Miracles. Fuck Nick Mullens.
  • The "HOW THE FUCK IS DISCO KID 3-1" award goes to Disco Kid because he is 3-1 with a total All-Play of 20-56. He scored 35.7% of his total points on the year in Week 3 and won in Week 4 with the 19th highest score. I don't know what kind of horseshoe or rabbit foot you currently have in your ass, Disco Kid, but please spread the love.
  • The "Whew, That Was Close" award goes to Barca for the second consecutive week as he had another lucky, anus-clenching MNF experience. Fighting Cocks had a significant deficit to overcome going into a MNF doubleheader, but with Tyreek Hill, Todd Gurley, and Calvin Ridley all in line to play, he had a good chance of making that deficit up and then some. However, he looked on in horror as an uninjured Calvin Ridley somehow did not make a single catch when that would likely have been all that was needed to get the win. Barca, you and Disco Kid must be part Irish.
  • The "Hanging on By a Thread" goes to bernbp5 who maintained his perfect record on the season despite only having the 12th highest score of the week. He just squeaked by Ph with a middling Matt Ryan performance and a negative Dallas DST performance. If a couple of balls from Aaron Rodgers hadn't gone to Random Guy Off the Street and instead to Marquez Valdes-Scantling, bern might have fallen down the standings a ways. But if "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, it'd be a very Merry Christmas.
  • The "Nice" award this week goes to Up Schitt's Creek who scored 69.6 points. Nice.
  • The "Superstar" award goes to SD3 who rode a giant 39.1 point performance from Joe Mixon to victory this week. Despite an abysmal Week 1 performance, SD3 has won 2 of 3 and if Mixon continues to produce to this level, he's a sneaky playoff candidate.
The DEACHAWK Section
I mentioned in last week's Week 4 Outlook that DEACHAWK had quietly put together a solid early few weeks despite not having been mentioned in any previous Weekly Awards. Well this week, he gets his own section because frankly, he's murdering people. Other than a close Week 1 loss to an Edarem team led by three Josh Jacobs rushing TDs, DEACHAWK has walloped all comers, culminating this week with a 62.18 point victory over Up Schitt's Creek and the top score so far this season. Looking through his roster makes me wonder how the fuck we all let this happen. I feel like blaming AnonymousDeac for it, so I'm going to. We are only a third of the way through the season or so but barring significant injury/COVID, DEACHAWK's team is stacked and looks likely to win this league in a walk. He has not earned a weekly award yet but I am creating the "Just Under A Third of the Season MVP" award and it goes to DEACHAWK. Now, I hope Dallas gets COVID.

Week 5 Outlook
We are still waiting for a real standings shakeup as parity continues to reign. 14 teams are 2-2 or better after 4 weeks of play, but now that bye weeks are going to start kicking in, hopefully some separation begins to come through. Luckily, the schedule gods have heard our parity cries and set up a truly interesting slate of games this week:
  • Our lone matchup of teams with winning records is between the luckiest man east of the Mississippi, Disco Kid, and former Double X Chromosome Championship Belt holder, DeaconPeach. Peach definitely deserves a win here as her team has outperformed Disco's by almost 100 points this season, but Disco Kid is running hot and all it takes is one weird performance to get a W in this wacky league.
  • Another one-of-a-kind matchup between 2-2 opponents comes between former mafia compatriots Manning's Miracles and redwing42. The Miracles are coming off a week where they had to scramble to put together a competent lineup, losing their starting QB and defense to COVID postponement and subsequently losing their matchup against YoungBuck. redwing's Week 4 fortunes were much the opposite as a rebound week from Lamar Jackson and a breakout performance from Odell Beckham Jr. saw him win comfortably against JManslow. 3-2 always feels much better than 2-3 and my undergraduate level math confirm that it is in fact one better in both the win and loss columns. Both teams will feel like they have a shot to still make the playoffs but the result this week definitely favors the winner (math checks out).
  • A tough week looms for our lone unbeaten bernbp5, though his matchup is softened by YoungBuck getting hit with early bye week troubles. YoungBuck also finds himself without a TE this week and some wheeling and dealing must occur with waiver pickings extremely slim. Might bern just slip by another opponent?
  • A winless team will be no longer after this week as our two 0-4 teams face off this week in a battle to get out of the cellar. Early projections see Lone Wolf with a decent advantage over Ph but if this season has taught us anything it's that Lone Wolf attracts high scoring opponents like Disco Kid attracts low scoring ones. A firm handshake to the winner of this matchup as the 0 is removed from their win column; a hug and possibly stiff beverage for the loser who will become our lone winless team.
  • DEACHAWK WATCH: DEACHAWK takes on OblongPickle this week, a matchup that he must truly relish (hahahahahah....badumtss.mp3). Currently projected to win by a wide margin, DEACHAWK is in a great position to take over the top spot in the standings should bern falter in Week 5.

Good luck to all this week, may all of redwing's players get COVID so I can get to 3-2.

Last edited:
Back