• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Pit Fantasy Football League One - Edarem vs. Wolf in the 'ship

What the fuck is a Harrison Bryant

What the fuck is a Harrison Bryant

ha I saw Matthew Berry tweet about him earlier in the week. TE has been a black hole for me this year because Gronk was completely worthless but only reverted into old Gronk the week I dropped him. but this could just be a 1-week wonder since Austin Hooper will be back soon for the Browns.

Sweated out the OT in Seattle/Arizona which means Jimmy Graham is due to erase my 14 pt lead in heartbreaking fashion tonight.

ha I saw Matthew Berry tweet about him earlier in the week. TE has been a black hole for me this year because Gronk was completely worthless but only reverted into old Gronk the week I dropped him. but this could just be a 1-week wonder since Austin Hooper will be back soon for the Browns.

The weekly review is about to be SCATHING

hey you were worried about Josh Allen who barely out-Jetsed the Jets

Well yeah because WHY WOULD I BE WORRIED ABOUT HARRISON BRYANT AND JAMAAL WILLIAMS

Williams has been a decent pick-up. Grabbed him a few weeks ago when Davante was a gametime decision for MNF and didn't play.

Meanwhile I’ve been forced to play Valdes-Scantling for weeks and he’s giving me nothing.

By the way, you can blame me for Jeff Wilson Jr getting injured on his third TD. I had just placed my #1 waiver claim on him seconds before that run.

Meanwhile I’ve been forced to play Valdes-Scantling for weeks and he’s giving me nothing.

By the way, you can blame me for Jeff Wilson Jr getting injured on his third TD. I had just placed my #1 waiver claim on him seconds before that run.

so you do read this thread!!

Who said I didn’t?

needing a RB bad. everybody available except Rodgers. Allen is available but it can't be for a low tier RB.

Sorry, No RB's, but I do have Jimmy G on block and/or Richard Rodgers and Mike Gesicki at TE. Thx, Disco

I'd like to send Boston Scott (Eagles RB) for a backup QB. Scott is in line to lead the Eagles backfield this week vs. Dallas with Sanders still questionable to return. Eagles should be playing from ahead the whole game, so a lot of one week boom value here. Worth the risk for someone looking to send over their backup QB.

I just compiled the stats for the Week 7 review and I am not happy.

Here is a look at me during the noon games on Sunday after Davante Adams' 10th catch:

giphy.gif

Here are your Week 7 stats.

Mu2vX3w.png
1FaHKLj.png

Week 7 Awards
  • The "DOWN GOES FRAZIER" award goes to bernbp5 who finally saw his undefeated run come to an end as he dropped hi first game of the season to JManslow (who will be making another appearance in these awards soon). bern saw nothing go right for him this week as his non-QB players accumulated a paltry 176 total yards combined including a gut punch of -2 yards on one catch from recent fantasy darling Chase Claypool, leading to him missing out on the season-low score by just 0.04 points (still your record, Disco Kid). All good things must come to an end as we saw last week with Ph getting a victory, but bern can take some solace in that he remains in sole possession of first place and has a solid hold on a playoff position. It will be worth monitoring where he goes from here though, performances like this tend to linger in the mind.
  • The "Disco Kid Memorial" award had a three-way tie this week as JMan, redwing, and Ph all found themselves on the winning end of terrible performances. I don't have much to say about it this week other than I'd much rather be winning this award for third straight week than winning the upcoming award, but congrats to you lucky bastards and especially congrats to Ph for getting on a 2-game winning streak! May the glory of Disco Kid continue to shine down upon you.
  • The "Karma is a Fickle Bitch award goes to Manning's Miracles who saw Davante Adams, Jamaal Williams, and a partridge in a pear tree all go off for Barca this week and pretty much end the matchup before it began even as Tyler Lockett put on his cape and tried to bring it back. Oh what is this, the consequences of my own actions? I have done my fair bit of shit talking in these reviews (that will continue) and it finally caught up to me (hopefully that does not continue), as my 3rd best score on the week was not nearly enough to get me a win. There's an above average chance that I will regret this moving forward as 5-2 looks really, really good right now after last week's results, but I'm going to hope that I can just about maintain a hold on the 8th playoff spot for now.
  • The "Couch or Hotel Tonight, Your Choice" award goes to Empanadas y Arepas as he won the I/O Bowl over Up Schitt's Creek. While the Fighting Empandas definitely needed a win to get back into serious playoff consideration, Schitt's Creek's spot in the top 5 is not safe and a win would have solidified her playoff hopes. I'm pretty new to this whole marriage thing and I'm still working my way through all the various ssues as they arise, but I do know that when given the option to make my wife successful or to make myself successful, wife > me. I hope that couch is comfy. Also you can probably get a really good discount on jewelry on Black Friday: LINK
  • The "Superstar" award this week goes to Harrison Bryant whose 17 catches for 346 yards and 12 TDs powered Barca to victory this week.
Week 8 Outlook
The seasons change, we all grow older, but the parity remains. Only 2 games separate 4th place and last place after seven weeks and the current playoff tiebreaker is a mere 7.95 points. Heartbreak is on the menu over the back half of the regular season and a few of us are looking at a large portion with sides of misery and despair. I like my heartbreak cooked medium rare. Solid slate of games this week which will inevitably lead to more parity in the standings, let's take a look:
  • Fresh off his first loss of the season, bernbp5 looks to get back on the horse with an incredibly easy matchup against Manning's Miracles. There is no other team I'd rather face coming off a loss than the Miracles, they truly are a cupcake of historic proportions. Despite last week's slight stumble, bern's team is near flawless in every way and will definitely perform to their potential this week. I see no other possible result than a 7-1 bern after this matchup.
  • League top scorer DEACHAWK takes his high-octane offense to meet the hottest team in the league SD3 this week. Points normally wouldn't be hard to come by between these two teams, but SD3's glut of Arizona Cardinals on bye this week has seen him make a desperate move to acquire some Big Dick Nick energy to plug the hole. Being on that edge of the playoff bubble makes even the strongest men and women do crazy things, let's hope the BDN does enough for SD3 to keep this one competitive.
  • JMAN WATCH: Peach Watch has come to an end after a shocking Week 7 performance from DeaconPeach saw her lose to cellar dweller Ph and thus forfeit her rights to be watched each week. Our new watch candidate is 5th place JManslow who is riding a league-high 3-game winning streak currently and will look to make it four in a row against last place Lone Wolf in Week 8. As we saw last week with Peach, those at the bottom of the standings can still take advantage of poor performances if you're not careful, but I like JMan to take care of business and move to 5-3.

Good luck to everyone in Week 8 and especially bern, though you won't need it because you're definitely 100% going to win without any problems at all.

Wow, I don't get on the boards much, but I'll be on more now that I've read these awesome recaps from Gooner!

1. Congrats to Ph. Ouch, that was ugly!
2. I saw Mr. & Mrs. iodeac were out drinking beers together last night, so they survived their House Divided weekend. ;)
3. We checked the schedule and Lone Wolf & I will have our House Divided matchup in Week 13 to end the season. No pressure there...:eek:hnoes:

Wow, I don't get on the boards much, but I'll be on more now that I've read these awesome recaps from Gooner!

1. Congrats to Ph. Ouch, that was ugly!
2. I saw Mr. & Mrs. iodeac were out drinking beers together last night, so they survived their House Divided weekend. ;)
3. We checked the schedule and Lone Wolf & I will have our House Divided matchup in Week 13 to end the season. No pressure there...:eek:hnoes:

Thank you, appreciate the kind words. And also thank you for letting me know that there is a second Mr. and Mrs. matchup in this league, I wouldn't want to miss that for the Week 13 outlook writeup!

Also sorry I stopped Peach Watch.

I'm looking for a Week 9 QB. Willing to trade away either Jared Goff or Gardner Minshew in exchange.

If you've got a QB significantly better than those two, willing to throw in someone else and make it a 2-1.

Back