• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Pit Fantasy Football League One - Edarem vs. Wolf in the 'ship

Week 13 is the last week of the regular season?

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

Week 13 is the last week of the regular season?

Correct. Top 8 teams make the playoffs. Overall record and then points scored are the tiebreakers. Bracket style, no reseeding from there on in.

Oblong Pickle
JManslow
YoungBuck
Manning’s Miracles
redwing42's Team
AnonymousDeac
Team Ph
Satan's Minions

Thanks for coming out this year, you've all been eliminated.

Bernbp5
DEACHAWK
Schitt's Creek
Barça

Enjoy the week off, give your starters a rest (dont), you're in the playoffs.

Screamindemon3
Fighting Cocks
Lone Wolf
Sleepy
Edarem
Empanadas y Arepas
DeaconPeach
Disco Kid

8 teams gunning for 4 sports. We're in the endgame now. Welcome to the Thunderdome.

I've overtaken Sleepy in points allowed this season. What do I win?

spots* not sports. Fix your fucking board dv7 it wont let me edit.

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

I was going to rage if Carson Wentz's hail mary TD in garbage time cost me the game, and when Eric Ebron started going off in the first half I figured it was over, but then he disappeared in the second half. Thoughts and prayers Ph. Still have a chance to make those sweet sweet playoffs.

Let’s see if I can pull off the rare feat of being the top point scorer and miss the playoffs!

Correct. Top 8 teams make the playoffs. Overall record and then points scored are the tiebreakers. Bracket style, no reseeding from there on in.

Oblong Pickle
JManslow
YoungBuck
Manning’s Miracles
redwing42's Team
AnonymousDeac
Team Ph
Satan's Minions

Thanks for coming out this year, you've all been eliminated.

Bernbp5
DEACHAWK
Schitt's Creek
Barça

Enjoy the week off, give your starters a rest (dont), you're in the playoffs.

Screamindemon3
Fighting Cocks
Lone Wolf
Sleepy
Edarem
Empanadas y Arepas
DeaconPeach
Disco Kid

8 teams gunning for 4 sports. We're in the endgame now. Welcome to the Thunderdome.

False. I won the league, stop the count.

Screamindemon3
Fighting Cocks
Lone Wolf
Sleepy
Edarem
Empanadas y Arepas
DeaconPeach
Disco Kid

From this group:
Cocks versus Sleepy
Deacon Peach versus Lone Wolf
Edaraem, Empapandas, Screamin, Disco play either eliminated teams or teams that have clinched.

Points scored rank for the remaining eight:
Sleepy, Screamin, Cocks, Lone Wolf, Edarem, Deacon Peach, Emapanadas, Disco

Total points scored this week will be interesting since it looks like that will be a big factor for the playoff spots. If all the 7-5 teams win of course they are in. However, those potential teams with six losses are not as equal as others. For example, if both Disco and Edarem win - Disco would need to score 92.38 points more than Edarem to jump them in the standings. Same for Deacon Peach, not only do they have to win but they have to win by at least 57.97 to leap frog Lone Wolf.
Some crazy shit has to happen for you not to make it, even with a loss. Outside of sleepy, every 6-6 team would not only have to win but also make up more than 100 points on you. I'm glad that I have now jinxed you. :)

Empapandas is a great typo. That said, they stand no chance this weekend. I won't rest.

Never fear guys, I will break this all down shortly. Sorry for my dereliction of duties last week.

Empapandas is a great typo. That said, they stand no chance this weekend. I won't rest.

The fates are aligning for a Empanadas/Schitt's Creek husband/wife winner take all scenario. Getting in the way would be like trying to stop the tide.

I do have a price in mind to throw the week, though. It is rather large.

giphy.gif

Here are your Week 11 and Week 12 stats. I will only be recapping Week 12 due to time constraints.

xwaVp4d.png
FGVNHKp.png
GratTG2.png

Week 12 Review
  • The "Actually, It Did End With A Whimper" award goes to redwing42 who desperately needed a win to stay alive in the playoff race only to put up the second-lowest weekly score of the season leading to his elimination from playoff contention at the hands of Edarem. COVID was definitely a factor, knocking out Lamar Jackson, though it is doubtful that anything could have salvaged such a dismal performance that is best exemplified by his TE netting 0.4 points...from 4 rushing yards. Better luck next year, redwing.
  • The "Don't Call It A Comeback!" award goes to Sleepy whose rollercoaster year has gone firmly back on an upward trajectory. After a 5-game losing streak left him on the brink of elimination, a third straight win, this time an absolute boatrace over Manning's Miracles, has brought Sleepy back into playoff contention for the first time in weeks and eliminated a key rival in the process. Sleepy's points total has him lapping the field in tiebreaks so a win in Week 13 will guarantee him a spot in the playoffs.
  • The "Michael Myers" award for the guy that just won't die goes to Disco Kid who scraped his way to a victory over Oblong Pickle in Week 12 to keep his playoff dreams hanging on by a thread despite being the overall second-bottom scorer and bottom all-play on the season. The Pit League's boogeyman still is rolling lucky as the schedule has broken in a way that all 6-6 teams are facing different opponents in Week 13, leaving open the possibility that everyone at 6-6 except for Disco Kid could lose and he could nab the 8th seed in the playoffs. If the whole season is anything to go by, that's probably going to happen. He just won't die.
  • The "Fantasy Gods Never Forget" award goes to AnonymousDeac who had to have done something egregious in a previous fantasy season because there is no other explanation for how he is 4-8 while being 6th overall in points this season. But it is Nonny, so maybe the real winners are the friends he made along the way. I recommend sacrificing a small animal to the fantasy gods, maybe a replica jersey, anything of that nature to appease them.
  • The "Nice" award goes to DEACHAWK who scored 69.33 points in a loss to JManslow. Nice.
  • The "Superstar" award goes to the biggest week of the season, Tyreek Hill. His 13 catches, 269 yards, 3 TDs, and 51.4 fantasy points helped Fighting Cocks squeak out a nailbiter against YoungBuck.
Week 13 Outlook
Well folks, we have made it. Somehow, some way, this COVID-riddled season got to Week 13 and our final week of the regular season. Congratulations to those that have already clinched playoff spots, commiserations for my fellow losers who are already eliminated. One final week lies before us with it all on the line for a few of our compatriots, let's take a look:
  • The most important matchup of Week 13 sees the on-fire Sleepy take on Fighting Cocks in a game with massive playoff implications. Sleepy has all the tiebreakers in the world against the field so a win and he's moving on to the playoffs. A loss and he will need significant help across the board. Meanwhile, the Cocks are relatively safe with decent points tiebreakers, but one bad week could see a lot of his points advantage go away so he will surely be looking to just clinch his spot with a win of his own. This game will be monitored closely by the chasing pack.
  • Another matchup between a 7-5 and a 6-6 team sees Lone Wolf take on DeaconPeach in another Battle for Sleeping on the Couch. Wolf is the story of the season in my book as his 5-game winning streak from the depths of the league standings see him a game up with one to play on those outside the playoff picture, including Peach. However, Wolf's tiebreaker situation is not nearly as strong as Cocks and he certainly will not want to have to sweat out results elsewhere. Peach has had the reverse fortunes as her fall from grace was only slowed by the narrowest of victories in Week 11, though a Week 12 loss means she needs a win and a lot of help elsewhere to sneak into the 8th spot.
  • Seeding order is all that's left to worry about for our top 4 teams with the biggest question coming from where league leader bernbp5 ends up. After winning the last two weeks and watching both Barca and DEACHAWK falter at some point, bern is back on top of the league and will secure the first seed with a victory over eliminated Oblong Pickle. However, should bern falter, he will likely fall to at least 3rd place and potentially 4th place with Barca not too far behind on points. It will be very interesting to see how the final bracket shakes out for our leaders.
That's all I've got for this week, again apologies for the lack of Week 11 recap, holidays got in the way. Good luck to those still in playoff contention except for Disco Kid.

Hey gooner, come join the chat thread. It's like mafia, only I'm good at it.

Unlucky Week 13! What a fine time to lose two starters to injury and wake up to news that my hand is forced by the Dolphins QB mismanagement and I must play Baker "throw no TD's except for when you play Nonny" Mayfield. I'm officially on Cock Watch hoping he pulls through on the back of my Vegas RB misfortune... though no longer sure I can hold up my end of the bargain and overcome Ph's voodoo magic.

Last edited:
So I should have taken that trade you offered me about a month or so ago.

Back