• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Pit Fantasy Football League One - Edarem vs. Wolf in the 'ship

I hate it too and yet 2 of my 3 leagues are on it. ESPN is far superior IMO, yet a lot of ppl really like Yahoo and I can’t figure out why.

No divisions SUCKS. Not blaming you, sd3, but yuck.

If anyone needs a defense, let me know. Yahoo drafted me two of the top defenses so happy to flip one for another position.

Could not have asked for a better first game of the season which means it's definitely all downhill from here

Congratulations to all winners this week and "you'll get 'em next time" to all our unfortunate non-winners this week. Quick breakdown I put together of scores and all-play:

qMHBguE.png

Week 1 Awards:
  • The "Draft Goddess" award goes to DeaconPeach whose Week 1 score topped all others, well drafted Peach.
  • The "Whew, That Was Close" award this week goes to Satan's Minions who sweated it out hard on MNF but AJ Brown's 5 rec, 39 yards was juuuuuust enough to secure the closest win of the week (1.32 points) after an incredibly close matchup all the way through.
  • The "Can't Catch a Break" award this week goes to JManslow who would have defeated 13 other players this week but unfortunately went up against Manning's Miracles and lost a nailbiter that had both teams with players playing the late MNF game. Hopefully next week brings you a more favorable matchup, JMan.
  • The "Schedule Gods Smile Upon You" award goes to Disco kid who overcame a rather abysmal first week from his team to defeat a feeble effort from SD3's team. Both teams will hope that their teams were just suffering from Week 1 jitters and a few bad matchups to improve moving forward, but Disco Kid will certainly be the happier of the two.
  • The "Gold Star" award for exceeding expectations goes to DeaconPeach who just nipped it over Barca (+22.84 points) by outperforming her team's projections by 23.16 points.
  • The "RJKarl" award for falling far short of their potential goes to SD3 whose team underperformed projections by a whopping 31.79 points. SD3 will take comfort in having only one way to go from here: up.
  • The final award of the week, the "Superstar" award goes to Barca who smartly drafted Davante Adams and was rewarded with the top performance of the week with 34.6 points. How far can Adams take Barca's team?

Week 2 Outlook:
  • SD3 will look to rebound from his subpar Week 1 performance with a matchup against Manning's Miracles. Though their Week 1 performances had the greatest disparity of all Week 2 matchups, Manning's Miracles is only a 4.8 favorite, look at this matchup as a barometer for each of their seasons moving forward.
  • On the other end of the spectrum, our leader DeaconPeach will look to continue her stellar start to the season but faces a difficult matchup with Up Schitt's Creek, also known as "The Battle of the Pink Helmets". Peach opens as a 1 point favorite but things could get scrappy and both teams will feel like they should win this game. The winner here could be an early playoff favorite.
  • Last week's lucky winner, Disco Kid, is hoping that luck doesn't have to carry him this week, and it seems the projections don't think it will. Disco Kid is currently projectd t score the most points in Week 2 (95.9) and though he is facing difficult opposition in Fighting Cocks, the young upstart will hope that his team plays closer to expectations this week than they did in Week 1.

Good luck to all and hope everyone enjoyed having football back!

Thanks for doing this! Shocked at how well my team did, but a little worried about depth since my flex play and early draftee Cam Akers did nothing.

Thanks for doing this! Shocked at how well my team did, but a little worried about depth since my flex play and early draftee Cam Akers did nothing.

I think Akers should end up being the guy in LA. Henderson still appears to be suffering from a hamstring injury and Malcolm Brown is likely not a long term solution for an offense that wants to move the ball a lot and be high tempo. I think it was more that LA didn't want to throw a rookie into the fire on SNF in Week 1, Akers should see more play moving forward I'd imagine.

yeah, we'll see. Brown looked strong so will be interesting to see if Akers is able to break through.

That chip on my shoulder from my D+ draft grade is going to carry Empanadas y Arepas to the título

Week 2 is in the books and with it a rash of injuries not seen since the last time police broke up a peaceful protest. Here are the Week 2 stats and overall stats so far:

DQ5PwXP.png
AbgiKEr.png

Onto our weekly awards:

Week 2 Awards
  • The "Tigger" award for biggest bounce of the week goes to AnonymousDeac who recovered sensationally from a dismal Week 1 to pace the field in Week 2. Nonny's score improved 50.98 points this week, or in other words, one and a half Alvin Kamaras.
  • The "We Will Always Have Week 1" award for biggest regression goes to Barca who dropped 29.6 points from Week 1 to Week 2. Most of the regression can be found with last week's Superstar, Davante Adams, who scored 29.5 points less in Week 2 after suffering an injury.
  • The "Whew, That Was Close" award for Week 2 goes to Up Schitt's Creek who is probably still puckered from watching NO/LV on MNF and hoping that Emmanuel Sanders didn't connect with Drew Brees to get that final 0.54 points to snatch victory for DeaconPeach. What a matchup as we now know definitively who has the best pink helmet in the Pit League.
  • The "Stop, He Has a Family" award goes to AnonymousDeac who beat down poor Lone Wolf by 61.1 points, nearly doubling his score. At some point, you're just running it up, I hope to see better etiquette in this league moving forward, Nonny.
  • The "Superstar" of the week goes to another Green Bay Packer, Aaron Jones, who picked up the slack for an injured Davante Adams to the tune of a season-high 43.60 points. Green Bay is the place to be as they seem to be in "fuck you" mode to start the season.

Week 3 Outlook
  • Parity reigns in the league as 14 teams find themselves at 1-1 after 2 weeks. Four matchups in Week 3 include two 1-1 teams so the league should begin to shape itself a bit better moving forward, but we have already reached an incredibly important week early in the season.
  • League leader bernbp5 gets no time to rest on his laurels as Week 2 surprise winner SD3 comes to town and is favored by nearly 9 points. SD3 is hoping Kyler Murray continues to perform like an MVP while bern is looking to cement himself at the top of the standings behind Aaron Jones and top TE Travis Kelce.
  • A moment of silence for Satan's Minions who has already had to resort to scraping together a starting lineup after injuries to Christian McCaffrey and Sterling Shepard have placed both of them on IR already. It's possible a return to action for early draft pick AJ Brown could buoy Satan's chances, but a tough Week 3 matchup against Week 2 darling AnonymousDeac will be an incredibly tough test for a battered Minions lineup.

Good luck to everyone in Week 3!

Thanks for the write-up. I gave Schitt's Creek a hard time about her narrow victory, especially because she almost texted her opponent to say gg on Sunday afternoon when she lost Barkley for the season.

Week 3 is complete and with it comes a bit of upheaval in the standings. Here are your Week 3 stats:

EfmopX6.png
nsp7jpX.png

Week 3 Awards
  • The "And Then There Was One..." award goes to bernbp5 who got just enough from Travis Kelce on MNF to come from behind late and defeat SD3, leaving him the sole remaining unbeaten team. Congrats, bern.
  • The "Seriously, I Had to Play HIM?!" award goes to Up Schitt's Creek who has to feel a bit hard done by to not be joining bern in the unbeaten column as she had the third most points of the week and fifth most points of the season only to lose to Sleepy who used massive performances across the board to top the charts this week. It will be interesting to see if this stomach punch of a loss will have any future impact on Up Schitt's Creek's playoff chances. Condolences, Schitt's.
  • The "MAKE IT STOP" award goes to Lone Wolf who must have stepped on a crack in the sidewalk while walking underneath a ladder and past a black cat in a previous life. Lone Wolf's opponents this season have a combined 49-9 All-Play Record in their respective weeks that they faced Wolfy and though he hasn't had the strongest start to the season, surely he thought he had a shot this week against fellow struggler Disco Kid. Sadly, the Kid saw his team finally live up to expectations and score 105.1 points, leaving Lone Wolf wondering what it will take to face someone whose team isn't going off.
  • The "I Can't Believe This" and the "Whew, That Was Close" awards go to redwing42 and Barca respectively. redwing was trailing by just under 17 points entering MNF and had Lamar left to play against a finished Barca team. redwing had to have felt good about his chances only to see Lamar have the worst passing game of his career and come up short by 2.31 points. If it comes down to a one game difference for a playoff spot and Barca and redwing are in the mix, just remember Lamar's MNF flop and pour one out for the poor bastard redwing.
  • The "Superstar" award this week goes to Lone Wolf and his buddy Patrick Mahomes who put on a clinic on MNF to score 40 points even. The best non-QB performance of the week was from Alvin Kamara who scored 38.2 points on his way to leading AnonymousDeac to a 2nd place weekly finish.
  • The "Nice" award goes to Fighting Cocks this week who scored 69.96 points. Nice.

Week 4 Outlook
  • The mighty face the meek in Week 4 as our last unbeaten team, bernbp5, faces a bit of a breather in 20th place Ph. A last second replacement to fill the league, Ph is operating as exactly that with a league low 207.58 points through 3 weeks and a 19th place All-Play record of 14-43. Ph will hope the fantasy gods smile upon him this week, but bern looks likely to make it 4-0 on the year.
  • A much better matchup can be found between our two leading All-Play teams, AnonymousDeac and DeaconPeach. Both teams come into Week 3 at 2-1 and will be hoping desperately to take a firm early hold on a playoff position, this matchup should be fun to watch.
  • Two other 2-1 matchups are on the docket in Week 4 as we see DEACHAWK take on Up Schitt's Creek and Barca take on Fighting Cocks. DEACHAWK hasn't gotten a mention yet in our weekly recaps but has quietly put up the 2nd most points this season and 5th best All-Play. His matchup against a disappointed but motivated Up Schitt's Creek team should tell us a lot about what his team has in the tank moving forward. The tale couldn't be more different in the other 2-1 matchup as both Barca and Fighting Cocks will be relieved to have gotten through Week 3 with a win. Needless to say, one of these 3-1 teams will feel blessed to be there.

Good luck to all in Week 4, may the fantasy gods smile upon you!

Last edited:
congrats to me for somehow pulling out a win when I was out a handful of starters and I started the wrong rookie receiver (who put up 0 vs Tee Higgins' 18.5). Josh Allen is a god.

Thanks to all those experts out there saying that Dion Lewis was going to be the guy for the Giants. I didn't expect much, but one rushing attempt and 1.5 points overall was tough to take, especially when I benched Michel for one of his rare big games. This is also the second time this season I have lost by less than 3 points. So, fuck me, I guess.

I LOVE these write-ups and appreciate the time and humor added to the league. Of course, that are a lot more fun to read after you win a week vs. getting your ass kicked. i was glad to see D Henry and Titans to find the endzone w/their running back. Should have drafted one of these amazing QB's with my 2nd pick!

Quick news update for those that care: TEN/PIT has been postponed due to COVID so if you have a Steeler or a Titan in your lineup, now would be a good time to change that.

Also a giant fuck you to Edarem for dropping Jeff Driskel yesterday and making his waiver pickup after his game tonight lol. Also I can't actually be mad because it's Jeff Driskel.

I picked up Nick Foles to replace my backup Taysom Hill but realized he has the same bye week as my starter. D'oh.

Back