• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Pit Fantasy Football League One - Edarem vs. Wolf in the 'ship

Gooner the commish we all dreamed of, thanks for the weekly writeups!

Ha, I don't mean to steal any of your commissioner thunder, I just like fantasy statistics and noting the weird things that happen in such a random, small-sample sized world that is fantasy football.

Here's another fun one since I was bored at work today and threw this together: Remaining Strength of Schedule based on each team's ranking by total points scored (higher number = easier remaining schedule):

aSO4WQs.png

And they say chivalry is dead.

I am NOT a fan of this type of research. I need one of Trump's sharpies so I can draw a "1" before the 61. Damn, I'm barely winning now and I just got through the easy stretch??

By the way, these write-ups are awesome! Perfect blend of stats and humor! I agree that I must have some type of voodoo on my opponents as I am favored to lose each and every week. If D. Henry can't play my path to a victory is very narrow. Hoping Flacco still loves a good tight end and turns Herndon into Tonyan.

Gardner Minshew is also on the block. Would prefer to get a decent RB for him.

Well Week 5 was a week where football was played. That's about all that can be said about that. Here are your Week 5 stats:

WL6Hu4v.png
HHb5aML.png

Week 5 Awards
  • The "Disco Kid Memorial" award will be the official title of the award given to a player who won with far fewer points than the league average for the week. This week we have dual recipients, DeaconPeach and Manning's Miracles who both somehow scraped through god awful weeks far below their average weekly scoring and won. Special shoutout to Peach for winning this award the same week she actually played Disco Kid.
  • The "Sorry I Jinxed You" award also has dual recipients, DEACHAWK and Disco Kid. I'm really sorry I jinxed your teams last week (well, not so much you Disco) and that I killed Dak. Hopefully you can obtain some sort of QB help on the waiver wire, HAWK.
  • The "There's Always Next Year...or Retirement" award goes to PhDeac who had by far his highest scoring week of the season in Week 5 and his first top-half weekly finish of the year...but faced his fellow winless mate Lone Wolf who just nipped him by 3.53 points to get his first win of the season. Honestly, Ph, being a late replacement player in this league was your worst decision since signing up for every mafia game this past summer. May you eventually find a number other than zero in your win column.
  • The "You Can't Jinx Me, Bitch!" goes to bernbp5 who shut me right up after I suggested that he might be skating by with his undefeated record. bern decided that enough was enough and put the smackdown on YoungBuck, almost doubling his total score and finishing 3rd on the week. Though bern remains at just the 6th highest overall score on the year, his Weeks 3-4 look more like blips than a trend. Which brings us to...
  • The "Superstar" of the week didn't even get a start as bern left Chase Claypool's 4 TD, 39.1 point performance on a bench that would have been the 18th highest scoring outfit this week (with just 3 players!). Honorary mention for a player that actually played as Lone Wolf got a huge 30.7 points out of Patrick Mahomes to get his first win of the season.
  • The "Nice" award goes to DeaconPeach and her 68.9 point performance because this is an educated write-up and we believe in proper rounding. Nice.
Week 6 Outlook
You know, if I keep saying "this is the week that we might see some separation in the standings," eventually I will end up being correct one week. Luckily for me, this week has a great chance to be that week as there are FOUR matchups between 3-2 teams and a matchup between 2-3 teams. Quick math tells me that half of those teams will end up 3-3 so actually there will be no separation. Fuck. Here's what we've got coming this week:
  • bernbp5 takes his undefeated 5-0 record into a matchup with struggling 2-3 redwing42, coming off a difficult loss to yours truly. bern gets Aaron Jones off of bye and projects to score heavily this week, it'll take a monster performance from Lamar and OBJ to keep redwing in this one.
  • The marquee 3-2 matchup of the week is between 3rd place DEACHAWK and his Dak-less lineup vs. 4th place AnonymousDeac and his bye week superstars. But the more important 3-2 matchup is between 10th place Manning's Miracles and 7th place Edarem because I write these posts. The Miracles have a tough bye week casualty in Tyler Lockett, leaving him to start WRs who receive balls from Baker Mayfield and CJ Beathard, but Edarem's week looks much more dire as Josh Jacobs is out (bye) as well as Melvin Gordon (DUI). This just means that I will lose to a 3 TD performance from Leonard Fournette but c'est la vie.
  • PEACH WATCH: We need a new watch candidate for this week and current Pink Helmet Leader DeaconPeach gets the nod. Our lone 4-1 team faces a surging SD3 who is 37-1 All-Play the last two weeks. A bye week for Drew Brees and a benched Dwayne Haskins mean Peach is searching for QB help for this matchup; meanwhile, SD3 is looking to maintain his high octane scoring behind favorable matchups across his whole team. A team that looked left for dead early in the season, SD3 is an inspiration to us all (but sucks at mafia).
  • Finally, and just because I want to jinx him into Bolivia, Disco Kid takes his bottom scoring, bottom all-play, yet still somehow 3-2 and 12th place team to face Sleepy who is looking to bounce back after a tough late defeat in Week 5. Though Disco gets his Detroit Lions duo back from bye this week, this matchup could get real ugly, real quick. Disco will need to rely on all the luck and craftiness he has utilized this entire season to get to 4-2.

Good luck to all in Week 6, may your players avoid COVID and also apparently dislocated ankles with compound fractures.

Last edited:
The Commish is on the warpath to drive my little team into oblivion. I always wanted to have an award named after me so I call this a win. 335 pointsfor the season and I am 4-2. Unfickin' real. However, I am trying to rally the troops and pull another upset this week. Hmmm, who is the next Claypool?? GO DEACS & GO LIONS!

Disco rides, again!!

Two straight fucking weeks where CEH gets a TD called back for a truly horrendous call by the refs. Fuck me, I need those points!

Week 6 Review Preview: Gooner Apologizes to Disco Kid

ISO: a new team.

In all seriousness, any RBs on the block?

I went to bed up 12 in the 4th and woke up to see that Peach got a 1 yard TD pass for both her WR and QB to beat me by 3.

I went to bed up 12 in the 4th and woke up to see that Peach got a 1 yard TD pass for both her WR and QB to beat me by 3.

You don't have to campaign for a spot in our weekly reviews, SD3

You either die an AnonymousDeac or you live long enough to see yourself become a Disco Kid. Here are your Week 6 stats:

D9opd2A.png
DBMhX5F.png

Week 6 Awards
  • The "How's the Weather Down There, Peasants?" award goes to bernbp5 who has officially proved that his down weeks were mere blips on his warpath towards a title. bern destroyed his Week 6 opponent, redwing42, to maintain his undefeated record and first place in the standings. Can anyone stop the bern train?
  • The "Disco Kid Memorial" award goes to...checks notes...shit it's me again. Manning's Miracles continues to live up to his name as his 17th overall score was more than enough to defeat weekly bottom scorer Edarem. In my defense, it's not my fault Pittsburgh beat Cleveland so badly they didn't have to pass but c'est la vie, I won and Nonny didn't which means we are all winners.
  • The "Whew, That Was Close" award goes to a very special recipient this week...Ph! Desperately clinging to hope for a victory, Ph watched the Bills march down the field in the 4th quarter and score a TD to push the KC D/ST just low enough to take the lead. Though KC nabbed an interception on a desperation heave from Josh Allen, it wasn't enough to get Satan's Minions a win, falling just 0.57 points short. A real feelsbadman moment for Satan as he had his best week since Week 1, but I think we can all feel truly happy for Ph finally getting on the board this year. Congrats, Ph.
  • The "Aaron Boone" award for incredibly questionable managerial decisions resulting in a loss goes to SD3 who lost by a narrow 3.32 points to DeaconPeach after some late MNF scoring from Dallas. SD3 has to be kicking himself for his lineup choices as his bench racked up 45.85 points. A curious start for backup ARI RB Chase Edmonds maybe will beg the most questions from critics as teammate WR Christian Kirk outscored him by a hefty 18.15 points (almost 6x the final margin). SD3 will go back to the drawing board for Week 7, while Peach will be extremely happy to get to 5-1 with a late Andy Dalton/Amari Cooper hookup.
  • The "Gotham's White Knight" award goes to Disco Kid who has had to deal with quite a bit of shit from me in these weekly reviews and decided to do something about it. Disco Kid rode a humongous performance from Derrick Henry to by far his best performance of the season and a victory over desperately unlucky Sleepy. Though he might have been lucky to get to 3-2, there is nothing to be done but give all the credit to Disco for his 4th win of the season.
  • The "Superstar" award goes to Derrick Henry and his 39.4 points (see above). Monster game.
Week 7 Outlook
As we near the midpoint of the season, there remains limited separation in the standings as 13 teams possess records of .500 or better and 18 teams can claim either a playoff spot or to be within 1 game of one. Week 7 is filled with interesting matchups that could see some teams fall behind the pace for the playoffs (or just create more chaos). Let's take a look:
  • Undefeated bernbp5 takes his Greatest Show on Yahoo to face 4th top scorer and 8th place JManslow. No significant bye weeks for either team means this clash of the titans should produce some fireworks. This also might be one of the last rodeos for JMan and Mike Davis should Christian McCaffrey return from injury soon, so JMan will be eager to get a couple more wins on the board while he still has that production in his lineup.
  • What happens when a very stoppable force meets an extremely movable object? Well we are about to see as redwing42 and Lone Wolf bring us a pillow fight between 2-4 teams looking to stay barely afloat in the playoff race. It is still a bit early in the season to consider this an elimination game, but whoever comes out of this at 2-5 will have an incredibly difficult climb back into playoff contention.
  • On the opposite side of the coin, a highly consequential matchup takes place this week between 4-2 teams DEACHAWK and Disco Kid. DEACHAWK's scoring prowess has been well documented over the last couple of weeks, but Disco Kid's newfound scoring brilliance from Week 6 will be the real story. Was it a one off performance? Was Disco Kid lying dormant and has now exploded into true contention? Am I the new Disco Kid? A lot of questions will look to be answered when the dust has settled from this game.
  • PEACH WATCH: DeaconPeach lived up to her spot in this section from last week as her matchup with SD3 went down to the wire on MNF and she was able to just squeak out a win to get to 5-1. With her 2nd place spot solidified, Peach will look to maintain her momentum in Week 7 and she couldn't have asked for a better opponent to help that cause with 19th place and newly victorious Ph coming to town. Bye weeks look set to decimate Ph's chances as he currently has one available RB, new Kansas City Chief backup RB Le'veon Bell, as well as no available D/ST. Ph will be hoping that the long-awaited return of Michael Thomas will help his chances, but Peach's lineup has great matchups this week and is heavily favored to bring her to 6-1.
  • Finally, our fearless leader (I am claiming the title because I have the spreadsheets) Manning's Miracles will see if he can continue to ride his luck versus a scary Barca team (haven't said that since 2015(this is a soccer joke, he gets it)). With Tyler Lockett returning from bye week, the Miracles have a full strength lineup once more, but Barca's Josh Allen has a potentially gigantic performance in the wings as Buffalo travels to New Jersey to face the Jets. This game looks to be a tight one all the way, I just want a CEH touchdown that's not called back for a bogus penalty. All I ask.
Good luck to everyone in Week 7, stay healthy and go Chiefs, fuck the Donkeys.

I/O Deac and Schitt's Creek are set to battle it out during House Divided week. Basically a no-win situation.

I/O Deac and Schitt's Creek are set to battle it out during House Divided week. Basically a no-win situation.

I apologize, had I realized that was a Mr. and Mrs. matchup, you would have led the Week 7 Outlook section, my b

Commish, This is NOW my favorite fantasy league. Your writeups are hilarious, spot-on, and just appreciate the time you put into this! I even enjoy the Haterade. : ) The Fantasy Gods are smiling, but I know they are a vindictive lot so will probably miss the playoffs by some inane 5th tiebreaker "rule".

Shit, who am I kidding? I hope to stay away from being banished to league 2 - if we ever have another one of those.

Back