• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k20 - Watson/Adams - Gibson/Bailey ('20) & James ('21) Gone

Mucius showed up the the soccer game with 2020 commit Jaylon Gibson, who looks like a legit 6'11 now. He's very skinny with a Sarr type frame, very long limbs. If he can add weight, there is potential there.

Sounds like the book on most recent Manning recruits: "If ______________, there is potential there."

I'm not one to sugarcoat how I feel about recruits. I think Watson is good and Gibson is a diamond in the rough. The other 2 are not ACC quality players. I know some guys heavily involved in NJ high school basketball and Quadry is not considered a P5 player by them. These are guys that have worked with Jahvon Quinerly, Naz Reid, Louis King, Noah Farrakhan, Jon Kuminga, etc., so they know what good players look like.

Yeah, he seems to be a good kid... But I'm not optimistic that he'll grow into an ACC level player.

I briefly met him on campus while he was here this past weekend. He seemed like a good kid, kind of nerdy. Was smaller than I thought he'd be. Listed at 6'4 but he is probably about 6'2 and 1/2 or 6'3 and very skinny.

You mean skinnier than you thought? I would expect a HS kid to be listed an inch taller than he really is.

You mean skinnier than you thought? I would expect a HS kid to be listed an inch taller than he really is.

Its like being at the Jordan Brand Classic. First they play the regional all-star game, and those guys look good against each other. Then the real All-American game happens and you see the physical and athletic difference between a regional all-star and a national all-star. I'm sure his frame would look normal at a school like Wofford, but against a Duke player he will look really undersized at the 2. If he was a true PG, sure, but he isn't really a PG he's a very undersized 2. He won't translate to an ACC player. Should fit in well academically and character-wise with the general undergrad population, but we aren't playing in the ACC for basketball to put those type of guys on the floor.

To quote Wes Durham (talking about Brandon Ingraham): "He's not as big as most kids his size."

In the words of immortal MJ, "the ceiling is the roof" for this young man.

Really scouting with the competition

Really scouting with the competition

Its almost like he is trying to sign garbage players to just sink us to new levels to force a firing so he can go do something else while wading in the pool of cash coming his way???

Surely if there was ever a case a "for cause" firing of a college BB coach we are staring at it right in the eyes. Just rampant negligence in running a program.

Manning has built a top 20 recruiting class from scratch. Let's give him a chance to coach these "fantastic four" an see what happens!

Manning has built a top 20 recruiting class from scratch. Let's give him a chance to coach these "fantastic four" an see what happens!

C'mon guys. At least one of these recruits will get that world renowned WFU +2* bump before it's over. [/sarcasm]

Someone captured video of the head analysts for Scout/247, ESPN, and Rivals when they were asked to evaluate WF's 2020 basketball commits...

And Manning giving his recruiting lists to Currie, the assistant coaches, and the recruiting staff...

Last edited:
Back