• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k20 - Watson/Adams - Gibson/Bailey ('20) & James ('21) Gone

OMG, that's incredibly awful.

Rating: N/A

EF4YybjXoAE-o-a

I thought Manning had built a top 25 recruiting class. What happened???

OMG, that's incredibly awful.

Rating: N/A

EF4YybjXoAE-o-a

our recruiting sucks for this year and there is no way to make it look otherwise

however this (average rating) is a really stupid way to rank recruiting classes

for instance the guy who posted those rankings is a VT fan. UVA has signed two players better than both of VT's recruits - but because UVA has signed a 3rd lower-ranked player, their average comes down below VT's. Good for VT - but UVA allegedly has two better players plus a third guy who may (probably will, given his coach) contribute.

our recruiting sucks for this year and there is no way to make it look otherwise

however this (average rating) is a really stupid way to rank recruiting classes

for instance the guy who posted those rankings is a VT fan. UVA has signed two players better than both of VT's recruits - but because UVA has signed a 3rd lower-ranked player, their average comes down below VT's. Good for VT - but UVA allegedly has two better players plus a third guy who may (probably will, given his coach) contribute.

Agree completely. Whether a recruit fills a particular is given no consideration. Having said that, Young at VT is likely to be playing 4 guards a lot this year and next as well. Missing on Henry Coleman was not a surprise but still a disappointment.

I've said it before... I really don't think it is a lack of effort from Manning and the staff. It's just the fact that he's been exposed as a shitty head coach. That's a tough recruiting pitch.

"We have great facilities and we play in the best basketball conference in the country. We have a number of very successful pros. It's a great education. Oh, and by the way, you can count on playing on every Tuesday of the ACC Tournament because, hoo-boy, we're going to suck."

<awkward silence>

"I'm a bad coach."

I've said it before... I really don't think it is a lack of effort from Manning and the staff. It's just the fact that he's been exposed as a shitty head coach. That's a tough recruiting pitch.

Bullshit. He's never done the work it would take to go after the good, but not great recruits it would take to rebuild. He throws offers at people he knows he can't get, knowing he doesn't need to show up. And then he throws offers at kids who can't believe they have an ACC offer, knowing he doesn't need to show up. Where are all of the guys in the 80-130 range that he's consistently hounding and recruiting harder than anyone else?

Last edited:

"We have great facilities and we play in the best basketball conference in the country. We have a number of very successful pros. It's a great education. Oh, and by the way, you can count on playing on every Tuesday of the ACC Tournament because, hoo-boy, we're going to suck."

<awkward silence>

"I'm a bad coach."

LOL

C'mon, man.

This is a new one.

Bullshit. He's never done the work it would take to go after the good, but not great recruits it would take to rebuild. He throws offers at people he knows he can't get, knowing he doesn't need to show up. And then he throws offers at kids who can't believe they have an ACC offer, knowing he doesn't need to show up. Where are all of the guys in the 80-130 range that he's consistently hounding and recruiting harder than anyone else?

I 100% disagree with this.

I mean, that may be the case now... I don’t pretend to follow along with his day to day movements on the recruiting trail.

But he and the staff absolutely got in front of kids the first few years he was here.

I think it’s far more likely that the lack of on-court success (and the revolving door of players) led to shitty recruiting than some sort of sudden laziness.

But, to quite Major League, “Who gives a shit, it’s gone.”

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k20 - Quadry Adams (G) Commits; Watson/Bailey/Gibson make 4

I 100% disagree with this.

I mean, that may be the case now... I don’t pretend to follow along with his day to day movements on the recruiting trail.

But he and the staff absolutely got in front of kids the first few years he was here.

I think it’s far more likely that the lack of on-court success (and the revolving door of players) led to shitty recruiting than some sort of sudden laziness.

But, to quite Major League, “Who gives a shit, it’s gone.”

Sudden laziness? Why do you think I quit doing this thread. We haven’t been shit for awhile.

Back