• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k20 - Watson/Adams - Gibson/Bailey ('20) & James ('21) Gone

Somewhere the DEAR LEADER is spending his zillions. . . .

Don't forget to create an updated scholarship chart and break down of the projected minutes for each of the players.

John Buck is the head of school at LuHi and also his coach so maybe that works in the Deacs favor

It's weird when JamesSokolove makes a real post.

I don't know how to feel.

Is been mentioned before but bears repeating that wake is recruiting at a lower level than ever before. We basically have zero chance for a top 50 guy, only a slim chance at a top 100, and seem to be spending much of our time talking to guys ranked 200 or below (sometimes way below). I’d say we basically are recruiting at the level of a southern conference team and a mid level to bad southern conference team at that .

TITCR

it’s actually kind of hard for a high major to recruit at this level. Where is Manning even finding some of these guys?

I remember when I used to be optimistic.

Ha... I just meant that he has a decent list of offers. Seems like a project big man who could earn minutes as a JR/SR. My point was just that Manning will probably be gone after this year (I hope) and who knows if these 2020 kids ever even step foot on campus?

More likely that Gibson ends up decent somewhere else than it is that he sticks around for a new coach.

More broadly...
I'm no recruiting expert, but it seems like most recruiting pitches center around selling a player on either:
1) Being a part of a program's exciting future / return to prominence (HOPE)
2) Joining a program that has a history of developing players and winning games (SUCCESS)

We have neither right now. Highly unlikely that success comes before the next round of hope. Which means we need a new coach. Yesterday.

Wellman got his wish, only white hairs left

His game reminds me of Dick Wash. He's a little more athletic than Dick Wash, but less skilled on the perimeter. Both are unranked lefty wings, a common target for Danny Manning.

Edit: it appears the Rivals guy for Va. Tech is as bad as Kelly Quinlan. They should just shut that site down.

Last edited:
Gunner Walters... Class of 2022!

With a name like Gunner, you'd better be a shooter.

He was selected Mr. Playmaker as well.

Back