• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k20 - Watson/Adams - Gibson/Bailey ('20) & James ('21) Gone

I dont see a Jr

Yeah, my bad, he is not a Jr. He is our recruit though from Morgan Park High school in Chicago who plays AAU for the Mac Irvin Fire. For the EYBL season last year he averaged around 12ppg, 4.6rpg, 9apg and 2spg. Also had 3.7 T/O'spg and did not shoot well from three (22%). I apologize for the confusion

The most deceptive stat for HS PGs is TOs. This is especially true at real high schools rather bball factories. Real PGS see their teammates will be open or where they should cut before the teammates do. This creates a lot of TOs.

The most deceptive stat for HS PGs is TOs. This is especially true at real high schools rather bball factories. Real PGS see their teammates will be open or where they should cut before the teammates do. This creates a lot of TOs.

Isn't it important when making a pass to realize whether or not the receiver of the pass will be at the right spot and is capable of handling the pass?

Not buying the argument that my pass was too great for these scrubs.

FWIW, the Poop Sheet saw Bailey in person and wasn’t impressed. However, they do like our center recruit from Raleigh.

FWIW, the Poop Sheet saw Bailey in person and wasn’t impressed. However, they do like our center recruit from Raleigh.

I doubt anyone would be impressed with Bailey, wasted scholarship IMO

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sorry we missed on Jalen Cone. He reminds me of the Skipper.

Not sure where to post this but Jamie Lewis is averaging 14 pts a game for Kennesaw State. Has more TOs than Assists. 7 steals in 7 games. Believe he had to sit out the fall semester.

Not sure where to post this but Jamie Lewis is averaging 14 pts a game for Kennesaw State. Has more TOs than Assists. 7 steals in 7 games. Believe he had to sit out the fall semester.
In a way, good for him. I'm glad that he found a level he can develop in. Like so many of Manning's recent recruits, Lewis was not an ACC level player.

DJ Mitchell looks like a solid player for Santa Clara. Third leading scorer. Shoots 40.9% from deep (one of four players shooting 40% or better).

FWIW...

DJ Mitchell is averaging 10.7/5.3/1.5 with shooting percentages of 51.4/40.9/75.0 in 19 games for a 15-4 Santa Clara team.

Melo Eggleston is averaging 11.1/5.8/1.0 with shooting percentages of 43.6/28.6/68.3 in nine games for 13-7 Arkansas State team.

FWIW...

DJ Mitchell is averaging 10.7/5.3/1.5 with shooting percentages of 51.4/40.9/75.0 in 19 games for a 15-4 Santa Clara team.

Melo Eggleston is averaging 11.1/5.8/1.0 with shooting percentages of 43.6/28.6/68.3 in nine games for 13-7 Arkansas State team.

If we could have any of those back, I’d want Mitchell. We need somebody who is larger, and can shoot. Jamie Lewis and Melo are better off where they are at imo.

I had to look up DJ mitchell to know who we were even talking about.

It’s pretty unfortunate to enter a fairly competitive field and happen to be in the same grade as someone way better in that field who happens to have the same name.

Last edited:
I had to look up DJ mitchell to know who we were even talking about.

Solid player. He's the type of kid - like Tyler cavanagh - that if you keep 4 years and develop, voila, you build a program. Sprinkle in a few 4/5 stars that come because you are in the acc and don't suck and voila2, you get to march madness most if not all years. Not saying that is where we want to be, but it is a modus operandi that saves Manning his job.

Because manning hasn't done that, he should be gone in a dozen games

Last edited:
Back