• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k20 - Watson/Adams - Gibson/Bailey ('20) & James ('21) Gone

Nice! Despite all of his doubters and the bad luck of losing so many players to the pros that Manning has still managed to build a top 25 program and be top 4 in the ACC. Very impressive!!

If Manning can sign a big enough recruiting class, then Wake could even be ranked in the top 10.

Manning has won 11 games in 3 of his 5 seasons. That's a baseline especially since he did that with much more talented teams.

Yeah. Apparently Massoud is going to be better than our most productive freshman under Manning.

Yes. Not sure he'll hit the numbers that Hoard hit though, but he'll be more "productive." I thought Hoard was a bit of a black hole in that when the ball went into him, it didn't leave or took way too long to leave. He was very good at getting position though. I think Massoud will give the offense more fluidity both in spacing and in his ability to pass and make quick decisions. He might only average 9 or 10 pts a game and get less than Hoard's 7 boards per game, but our possessions will be better (IMO).

If you can't tell, I lost patience for Hoard about 10 games into last season.

I am curious to see Sarr this year. I thought he strung together 3 pretty good games last year about 2/3 of the way through the season with quick turnaround jumpers and better movement, and then he rolled his ankle I think and was gone for 5 games. If he have about 15 games next year similar to those 2 or 3 he had in a row, I'll be happy and it will help a lot.

I too think we'll be better than 11 wins, but not good enough to save Manning's job.

11 wins is enough to save Manning's job. We know that.

It's not just Massoud for Hoard. WF returns 4 starters and adds Andrien White who is 22, can shoot and has already scored over 1,000 points in his college basketball career.

It's also that almost every ACC team lost a lot more than WF did last year. The conference will not be as strong as last year.

Understand that there is very little reason for optimism about the basketball program given the last decade, and have every reason to expect that WF will find maddening ways to blow winnable games because that's has been Manning's MO, but barring injury or another murder by a member of the coaching staff, this team is better relative to the conference and the schedule than any Manning team except for the 2016-7 NCAA play-in team. The team will win more than 11 games, but not as many as it should.

If I had the time or inclination, I'd go find very similar posts from last year. I can't remember if it was Wrangor, numbers, or somebody else, but there was definitely a "look guys, we won't suck quite as bad as last year" argument made.

Of course, we then went out and sucked as bad as we did the prior year.

Hope springs eternal, I guess.

Yeah, Sarr needs to be MUCH improved (and healthy) for the team to have any chance at being "good."

Like, Doral as a Junior level improvement

11 wins is enough to save Manning's job. We know that.

We don't know that.

Another year of the contract expires.

New AD.

I'd like to think Currie will make the move that has to be made. But, of course, I was wrong on that after last season. I just don't see how anyone would want to extend his tenure with another shitty season in 2019-20.

If I had the time or inclination, I'd go find very similar posts from last year. I can't remember if it was Wrangor, numbers, or somebody else, but there was definitely a "look guys, we won't suck quite as bad as last year" argument made.

Yeah, I made that argument last year. Feel like Wrangor and Pilchard did, as well.

There is a scenario where we are objectively better this year, but I'm not going to push that narrative this time around. You can fool me 4-5 times, but even I come around after a while.

I'm certain I said this at some point, probably multiple times before the season started

If either of the PM's I just received are true, then wow...Things could get better MUCH faster than we all thought.

Yeah, but at least it was to UK in the Sweet 16 instead of Butler in the first round.

Same head coach who had us woefully unprepared to compete.

We acted like Kentucky was the 1986 Boston Celtics...even though we had Rogers and Childress. WTF?

The Butler game we had 2 NBA forwards in Howard and Songaila...and that was before Butler mattered, too.

Back