• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k20 - Watson/Adams - Gibson/Bailey ('20) & James ('21) Gone

Sounds like Georgetown did Akinjo a major disrespect and dis-service by announcing his departure from the team in the same sentence as that of the guys implicated in the sexual assault, burglary etc. mess.

Wake staff should be making a stop in DC on the way to Wake from State College, PA.

Sounds like Georgetown did Akinjo a major disrespect and dis-service by announcing his departure from the team in the same sentence as that of the guys implicated in the sexual assault, burglary etc. mess.

Wake staff should be making a stop in DC on the way to Wake from State College, PA.

Would love to get him as he is a major talent, but he is looking at basketball schools much better than Wake right now.

It goes without saying that our program is suffering from an unprecedented enthusiasm issue. I have been reading and posting on Wake boards since just about when Al Gore invented Wake sports boards, and I cannot remember a whole week+ going by without zero posts on a Wake basketball recruiting pinned thread. We have no news and little to zero enthusiasm.

Even in the Beetlejuice era, folks were gonzo angry and posted ad nauseum about recruiting issues. Because we are now 10 years into dysfunction, there is more enthusiasm for 30-something year old coaches with talent and their performance in various backwaters than there is in our program.

This is the reverse Charlie Sheen of programs right now.

Themus Fulks - leading scorer in NC last year at N. Davidson, now at Moravian Prep. Is he a P5 prospect?

https://www.ncsasports.org/mens-bas...ngton/north-davidson-high-school/themus-fulks

No, but he has a great work ethic.

PERSONAL STATEMENT
My name is Themus Fulks. This season 2019-2020 I attend Moravian Prep in Hudson, NC. I am a post grad player for the Gray team. I am playing the point guard position. Last season, I graduated high school at North Davidson high school, where I lead the state of NC in scoring. I played 30 games. I averaged 35.2 points per game, 4.5 assist, 6.6 rebounds and 3.1 steals. I completed high school with an overall GPA of 3.6 and an ACT composite score of 19. I would be an excellent college player because I went to Moravian Prep to improve my skills as a player. Since being at Moravian Prep, I have gotten stronger, faster and more athletic. I am also a leader. I always think on the court and verbally communicate with my teammates. This past summer, I played on the AAU Team Phoenix. I also was selected to the play in the 2019 NC East and West All Star game. I was accepted to Coastal Carolina and Campbell University as an academic student in June 2019. I did not attend either school because I wanted to take a year to train, condition and improve my game. As a player, I am a strong competitor that not only likes to win but to bring my team mates together to win as a team.

In speaking with head coach Brandon Mullis, he stated the following, “Themus has a great work ethic. He is constantly working to improve himself and his skill levels. He has a very quick first-step, and is an extremely talented ball-handler. His ability to break defenders down off the bounce, and then finish around the rim, is uncanny. He can finish with both hands, and off of either foot. He has also improved his outside shooting dramatically since last season ended.” Coach Mullis also stated, “Themus is being recruited by a wide range of schools, South Carolina State, Catawba, Newberry, Queens University, Chowan, Fayetteville State, Catawba Valley CC and most recently offered by Davidson County CC.”

Having personally witnessed 35-40 of Themus Fulks games, he is not an ACC caliber player!!!!

Does someone know why the Wake page at www.verbalcommits.com has not had any linked articles added in over 190 days? The recruiting stuff gets updated but not the links. The number of nationwide transfers this year is up to 68, an astounding number when you consider that most kids are just now taking exams.

Does someone know why the Wake page at www.verbalcommits.com has not had any linked articles added in over 190 days? The recruiting stuff gets updated but not the links. The number of nationwide transfers this year is up to 68, an astounding number when you consider that most kids are just now taking exams.

Nobody cares?

So weird to see Deaconblue join the rest of us in the jaded crowd.

Nobody cares?

The links are for all sports. The apathy toward MBB is a given. The last link was a reflection on the Wake's baseball season. to having nothing posted during the football season is curious. The site is good for keeping track of rosters, offers, etc.

c4jt321.png

Back