• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k20 - Watson/Adams - Gibson/Bailey ('20) & James ('21) Gone

DeacsATS

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
Reaction score
BBall Recruiting Thread 2k20 - Watson/Adams - Gibson/Bailey ('20) & James ('21) Gone

Since Strickland33 decided he was done wasting his time maintaining the recruiting thread, I figured I'd at least start one. Can't promise I'll update this first post regularly.

9/9/2019 Update: We now have 4 commits! And more folks visiting.

2020 Commits:

Djimon Bailey - G - #347/389
https://247sports.com/player/djimon-bailey-46084315/
Committed to WFU on 5/6/19 over reported offers from George Mason, Princeton, Rice, UNC-G, VCU, Wofford

Jaylon Gibson - PF - #245/261
https://247sports.com/player/jaylon-gibson-46080502/
Committed to WFU on 8/2/19 over reported offers from Charlotte, Cincinnati, ECU, Iowa, Providence, Rutgers, Temple, Texas A&M, USF

Marcus Watson - PG - #148 - 24/7 / #118 - Composite (and rising)
https://247sports.com/Player/Marcus-Watson-46083919/
Committed to WFU on 8/21/19 over reported offers from Illinois, Chicago State, Oakland, Valpo, Wisc-GB

Quadry Adams - PG - UR
https://247sports.com/player/quadry-adams-46093817/
Committed to WFU on 9/8/19 over reported offers from Georgia, BU, Columbia, Princeton

I have no idea how many spots we have left or if it really even matters given the potential for a coaching change and/or mass player attrition.

Other targets:
Top 100 players that we won't get (it's a long list)
NC players that we should have been on early that have probably passed us by (Shakeel Moore)
Players without photos on 24/7's website (this is our sweet spot)

Have at it...

Note: The 2k19 thread was started on 10/20/17... So it has been almost 2 years. Yikes.

4/27/20 UPDATE - Strickland33, if he's up for it, should feel free to start a new recruiting/transfer thread once we name a new coach and potentially have some newsflow to track

4/27/20 UPDATE NUMBER TWO - Jaylon Gibson has requested a release...

4/28/20 - Djimon Bailey also requested a release and I was too lazy to edit yesterday. Watson still up in the air.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

After the first season it was apparent the only possible upside with Manning might be recruiting, well that ship has sailed and sunk to the bottom of the ocean. We got a guy with these offers...George Mason, Princeton, Rice, UNC-G, VCU, Wofford Facepalm

Somewhere in the 2019 thread I thought it was mentioned that we had picked up a Navy transfer who'd be eligible in 2020?

After the first season it was apparent the only possible upside with Manning might be recruiting, well that ship has sailed and sunk to the bottom of the ocean. We got a guy with these offers...George Mason, Princeton, Rice, UNC-G, VCU, Wofford Facepalm

We were dead before the ship even sank.

To no surprise Wake doesn't make the cut:

Is been mentioned before but bears repeating that wake is recruiting at a lower level than ever before. We basically have zero chance for a top 50 guy, only a slim chance at a top 100, and seem to be spending much of our time talking to guys ranked 200 or below (sometimes way below). I’d say we basically are recruiting at the level of a southern conference team and a mid level to bad southern conference team at that .

Is been mentioned before but bears repeating that wake is recruiting at a lower level than ever before. We basically have zero chance for a top 50 guy, only a slim chance at a top 100, and seem to be spending much of our time talking to guys ranked 200 or below (sometimes way below). I’d say we basically are recruiting at the level of a southern conference team and a mid level to bad southern conference team at that .

In other words, pathetic.

In related news, Wake Forest is paying their coach (at least) 1000% more than the average SoCon team to achieve these results.

I still cannot get over the fact that Ron Wellman gave Manning quite possibly the worst contract extension/buyout provision of all time.

I vaguely remember the Bailey guy committing (probably only because his first name reminds me of mustard). Who the hell is Jaylon Gibson? Jesus Christ, it’s so hard to pay attention nowadays.

I vaguely remember the Bailey guy committing (probably only because his first name reminds me of mustard). Who the hell is Jaylon Gibson? Jesus Christ, it’s so hard to pay attention nowadays.

I like to think of Djimon Bailey as a creole Damon Bailey.

I think Jaylon Gibson might actually not suck after a year or two... But it doesn’t matter because it’ll never play out like that.

Back