• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k20 - Watson/Adams - Gibson/Bailey ('20) & James ('21) Gone

Not directly Wake related but Chad Myers has been named as head coach of the post-graduate team at the IMG Academy. Myers formerly was an assistant for Keatts at Hargrave. Time will tell if a pipeline develops between IMG and NCSU.
Is it even indirectly Wake related?

Is it even indirectly Wake related?

Considering that State is a long-time rival, fellow conference member, has a head coach of which a lot of posters here are envious, and is a school that Wake should recruit against, the answer is yes.

Considering that State is a long-time rival, fellow conference member, has a head coach of which a lot of posters here are envious, and is a school that Wake should recruit against, the answer is yes.

Pick a different word, I believe. Everything else is true.

I know I don't hold envy for Keats. Rather, I hesitate trusting him due to his being on the Louisville staff during Whore-gate and other recruiting violations made by Louisville under Petino, but while Keatts was there that resulting in them having to vacate their national championship. Seems like a great basketball coach though. Not sure I would trust my kid to him and I definitely wouldn't buy a car from him.

I would love for Wake to have a competent and exciting basketball coach. They are around. I wouldn't have been happy with a Keats hire though - mostly due to floozy-gate and all the other shenanigans that went on at Louisville - again, that resulted in them having to vacate their title.

Pick a different word, I believe. Everything else is true.

I know I don't hold envy for Keats. Rather, I hesitate trusting him due to his being on the Louisville staff during Whore-gate and other recruiting violations made by Louisville under Petino, but while Keatts was there that resulting in them having to vacate their national championship. Seems like a great basketball coach though. Not sure I would trust my kid to him and I definitely wouldn't buy a car from him.

I would love for Wake to have a competent and exciting basketball coach. They are around. I wouldn't have been happy with a Keats hire though - mostly due to floozy-gate and all the other shenanigans that went on at Louisville - again, that resulted in them having to vacate their title.

I agree with your points. His baggage bothers me too.

He was a great guy at UNCW. Well respected in the community, and ran a clean and disciplined program. While he worked for Pitino, that does not make him a Pitino.

He was a great guy at UNCW. Well respected in the community, and ran a clean and disciplined program. While he worked for Pitino, that does not make him a Pitino.

I just have a hard time believing he was totally unaware of all the shenanigans though. I feel like if you find out your pastor of the last decade was shagging various young women the whole time, that is not your fault. However, while it may not be the fault of the associate pastor either, did he know? How much did he know? Do you believe him if he claims he had no idea and is that even a good answer?

It does seem Keats did his penance at UNCW and I'll take your word on the program. I have to admit it would help if he didn't dress like a TV evangelical. I understand that is mostly my own prejudice.

I'd take keatts in a heartbeat. We have been slumming it for a decade now.

I just have a hard time believing he was totally unaware of all the shenanigans though. I feel like if you find out your pastor of the last decade was shagging various young women the whole time, that is not your fault. However, while it may not be the fault of the associate pastor either, did he know? How much did he know? Do you believe him if he claims he had no idea and is that even a good answer?

It does seem Keats did his penance at UNCW and I'll take your word on the program. I have to admit it would help if he didn't dress like a TV evangelical. I understand that is mostly my own prejudice.

who the hell would care about cheating at uncw? im on board with this guy being a full blown cheater along with pitino. wasnt this dude the lead recruiter on staff during all that mess?

Mucius showed up the the soccer game with 2020 commit Jaylon Gibson, who looks like a legit 6'11 now. He's very skinny with a Sarr type frame, very long limbs. If he can add weight, there is potential there.

Mucius showed up the the soccer game with 2020 commit Jaylon Gibson, who looks like a legit 6'11 now. He's very skinny with a Sarr type frame, very long limbs. If he can add weight, there is potential there.

As the saying goes.......you can’t teach height.

ATS...I just finished reading your opening post. Again. Up to date. Accurate. Proper attitude. Thanks, it's still good for a laugh. Keep up the great work.

Back