• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k20 - Watson/Adams - Gibson/Bailey ('20) & James ('21) Gone

Staak knew his x's and o' s , but he was a grumpy old piece.my Dad was still announcing the games back then. I would meet him in the press box after each game. Staak would cone in for a post game interview. Every time during the first commercial break , Staak would point at me and ask my Dad , who the hell is that. I did not expect him to know me by name or anything, but damn I was just sitting in the corner ,minding my own business.

Staak knew his x's and o' s , but he was a grumpy old piece.my Dad was still announcing the games back then. I would meet him in the press box after each game. Staak would cone in for a post game interview. Every time during the first commercial break , Staak would point at me and ask my Dad , who the hell is that. I did not expect him to know me by name or anything, but damn I was just sitting in the corner ,minding my own business.
I'm assuming you were a kid at the time too, right?
Damn, whatta P.O.S.

And we thought Bzzzzz was a dick? I don't even think he would've said that to a kid.

Coleman has been being recruited by Oats at Alabama for a while. Believe Oats already had an in-home with his family. Anyone still think Manning is a top recruiter?

Coleman has been being recruited by Oats at Alabama for a while. Believe Oats already had an in-home with his family. Anyone still think Manning is a top recruiter?

It’s pretty clear he’s doing the bare minimum. Offer top 50 guys. Sign top 300 guys.

Yeah, the timing seems silly. An offer to a FL kid right before he visits the Gators?

But alas, it’s recruiting news.

It’s a shame we couldn’t capitalize on the opening of the Shah Center due to a lame duck coach. Feels like Oats would’ve been able to do very good things.

I like to think cp3 has little interest in talking to manning from that pic.

It’s a shame we couldn’t capitalize on the opening of the Shah Center due to a lame duck coach. Feels like Oats would’ve been able to do very good things.

Could you imagine the excitement around Wake Forest if we had Oats and Clawson. Seems incredibly likely that he would have come with a decent offer.

The stupidity of staying the course was staggering. Had Wellman's last act been to hire Oats, he would have salvaged a tiny shred of his reputation.

Could you imagine the excitement around Wake Forest if we had Oats and Clawson. Seems incredibly likely that he would have come with a decent offer.

The stupidity of staying the course was staggering. Had Wellman's last act been to hire Oats, he would have salvaged a tiny shred of his reputation.

He either didn't have or wasn't willing to use the financial re$ource$ required to make Danny Manning a former coach at Wake.

OMG, that's incredibly awful.

Rating: N/A

EF4YybjXoAE-o-a

Back