• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k20 - Watson/Adams - Gibson/Bailey ('20) & James ('21) Gone

His strength is definitely blocking shots. Does a good job of keeping the ball high on defensive rebounds.

Like many big men with his ranking, offensive will lag behind defense. Appears to have some tools to work with.

Sucks he won't be a Deac

His strength is definitely blocking shots. Does a good job of keeping the ball high on defensive rebounds.

Like many big men with his ranking, offensive will lag behind defense. Appears to have some tools to work with.

Sucks he won't be a Deac

After Ty Walker, I have a hard time getting excited over scouting reports like this. This kid may have a better motor and work ethic. Let's hope he comes and doesn't become Danny Moses 2.0.

11 inch vertical leap according to his bio. Not sure if that translates into guarding ACC players.

11 inch vertical leap according to his bio. Not sure if that translates into guarding ACC players.

That's poor wording on that picture because it's listing 11 feet and whatever inches, which means he can get his hand that high at his peak jump. So unless he can grab the rim standing, he has more than an 11 inch vertical.

ok, that makes more sense but after watching his highlights, 11 inch vertical seems pretty accurate.

ok, that makes more sense but after watching his highlights, 11 inch vertical seems pretty accurate.

Yeah, he's not a leaper.

On the bright side... No worries about #tooathletic

I imagine his KY high school basketball blocks record will largely be a result of matching up against kids that are like 6'5" at C.

Yeah, he's not a leaper.

On the bright side... No worries about #tooathletic

I imagine his KY high school basketball blocks record will largely be a result of matching up against kids that are like 6'5" at C.
I cannot find the exact article but one of the bigger recruiting sites said something similar in that it is really hard to get a gauge on him as he's clearly miles ahead of anyone else he plays against so you have to rely upon club ball to see him against tougher opponents (which really picks up for guys in the spring/summer period of their junior year - a few months away).

Given that Wake Forest is in last place in the ACC, this is probably the pinnacle level recruit Manning can still get.

Most definitely. I can't imagine why someone would commit to Manning at this point unless they have no other options.

I get that people are down on DM. That is a given.

But that does not mean that in order to make the point we have to denigrate his recruits. That is uncalled for and does nothing good for Wake Forest.

I get that people are down on DM. That is a given.

But that does not mean that in order to make the point we have to denigrate his recruits. That is uncalled for and does nothing good for Wake Forest.
It's a message board. It's ok for us to say his recruits suck.

It's a message board. It's ok for us to say his recruits suck.

Sure, it's ok, but we could/should also recognize that while this ranking may not be what we came to expect under Odom and Prosser, or what we hope for in the future, it is a significantly better big man ranking than what we've seen over the overwhelming majority of the past 6 years (2016 - 2021).

I just hope that this kid can use this commitment to increase his profile a bit and maybe get some interest from schools that have a real basketball program.

I just hope that this kid can use this commitment to increase his profile a bit and maybe get some interest from schools that have a real basketball program.

Or Wake will have a good coach by the time he arrives.

I cannot find the exact article but one of the bigger recruiting sites said something similar in that it is really hard to get a gauge on him as he's clearly miles ahead of anyone else he plays against so you have to rely upon club ball to see him against tougher opponents (which really picks up for guys in the spring/summer period of their junior year - a few months away).

Then why is he averaging something like 12/12 in hs ball?

Or Wake will have a good coach by the time he arrives.

I sure hope that wake has a good coach by then and hopefully the new coach will be able to attract higher rated recruits than what manning is currently able to do( that is the nicest way I can put that)

Maybe he moves up the rankings and then Manning's staff drops the ball with him and he commits elsewhere which screws over our new staff like kid who went to Purdue.

Maybe he moves up the rankings and then Manning's staff drops the ball with him and he commits elsewhere which screws over our new staff like kid who went to Purdue.

And Shelton Mitchell, who went to Vandy before ending up at Clemson.

Is Trey James top 200 overall or top 200 at his position? That is a big difference and I cannot tell from above which is accurate.

Back