• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k20 - Watson/Adams - Gibson/Bailey ('20) & James ('21) Gone

What I liked most about his tapes was the way he played through contact.

Is Chicago-tough tougher than Philly-tough?

And what about Ontario-tough?

It's gonna be great when this thread (and our 2k20 recruiting) is done before we hit like 10 pages when the last few years of recruiting threads have been prodigious.

No one on our projected roster (or current roster) can shoot. No reason to lay off the PG to guard someone else.

its been really tough to recruit those cold-blooded assassins since Jamil Jones left

I think Danny ought to be targeting the 100-150 range recruits with narcissistic traits. They can sign up with the idea that if (and most likely when) Danny gets canned, their stock will have increased and they can then sign with a better team. If they really like the new coach, they can stay. Sort of like having an extra escape clause in their LOI.

Good point. Committing to Wake allows these recruits to lock in a scholarship to a division 1 program with a likely out when the current coach get fired so they can reassess if their stock increases during their senior year and better options become available in the spring.

Good point. Committing to Wake allows these recruits to lock in a scholarship to a division 1 program with a likely out when the current coach get fired so they can reassess if their stock increases during their senior year and better options become available in the spring.

Interesting recruiting pitch. just might work.

Not hating this but that's a wierd offer list for a 4 star recruit.

Not hating this but that's a wierd offer list for a 4 star recruit.

I hate on our coaching staffs and recruiting as much as the next guy, but I’m pretty pleased with this signing. It seems like we actually got an under the radar guy, tbh.

I am not all that upset with the Gibson or Watson commit but I am still puzzled by the Djimon Bailey offer and commit. That one makes no sense at all

New normal.

for real. there have been changes in the recruiting landscape overall but ten years ago the argument on the boards was whether we should use our last scholarship on brad tinsley as a late signee who was a top 100 guy.

I am not all that upset with the Gibson or Watson commit but I am still puzzled by the Djimon Bailey offer and commit. That one makes no sense at all

Agreed. Watson Jr. and Gibson have upside and are upward trending. Digimon Adventure was another dud recruiting job by Woodberry, who gets an F-minus on ability to spot and recruit talent.

Wonder if Jamal, Sr remembers that Randolph was on the WF team that lost by 34 in the NCAAT in the Sweet 16 in Charlotte Coliseum.

Lol. I left this game at halftime and went to Providence Road Sundries and got wasted.

Back