• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Wants to Buy Greenland

"Greenland is rich in natural resources, including iron ore, lead, zinc, diamonds, gold, rare-earth elements, uranium and oil, according to the Brookings Institution, a nonprofit public-policy organization in Washington, D.C."

Price / sq ft is a bit of a moving target tho...

Every time you don't think Trump can be dumber than the day before, he proves us wrong.

My guess is that Trump, unaware of the distortions inherent in the Mercator projection, figured he could make 'Merica the largest country in the world overnight.

i for one was kind of into the idea of acquiring Greenland

best idea Trump's had

i for one was kind of into the idea of acquiring Greenland

best idea Trump's had

Sell us Greenland or fight to defend it. Seems like the master negotiator should be able to get something done.

When was the last time a country peacefully acquired a territory or portion of another country?

It's been a long time since the Louisiana Purchase and Seward acquired Alaska.

When was the last time a country peacefully acquired a territory or portion of another country?

Well, East and West Germany merged in 1990. Hong Kong was peacefully transferred from British to Chinese control about 20 years ago. But yeah those are kind of the exceptions that prove the rule. Doesn't really happen anymore.

The Danes should make sure Obama meets with the king and queen in September. Then, apologize to Trump, have him show up. Then have one of the royals get a tummy ache and cancel the state dinner.

I know there was no sort of thought put into next steps or consequences of a Greenland acquisition. Someone somewhere in the administration had to have asked the question though "what happens to the people living there?" I assume they would be welcome from their not a shithole country but then again, a week ago I would have assumed we had no interest in acquiring Greenland.

Well, East and West Germany merged in 1990. Hong Kong was peacefully transferred from British to Chinese control about 20 years ago. But yeah those are kind of the exceptions that prove the rule. Doesn't really happen anymore.

This obzurd, Russia peacefully acquired Crimea from Ukraine, like just 3 years ago.

Gadsden Purchase. Never forget.

The Danes should make sure Obama meets with the king and queen in September. Then, apologize to Trump, have him show up. Then have one of the royals get a tummy ache and cancel the state dinner.

great idea

Back