• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CFL Negotiating List

DeacDoug

Reaction score
Each of the 9 CFL teams has submitted a negotiating list of 10 American players to the league office. Most of these players are in NFL training camps or entering their senior year. One surprise was the Hamilton Ti-Cats' listing of Sam Hartman. Don't pretend to know all the Canadian rules, but presume that the T-Cats could sign Hartman after this season if he is willing to be paid to play. Although there is a dearth of good qbs in the CFL, Hartman is a top student and the CFL really doesn't pay well except for a few proven stars. I remember when the Deacs lost kicker/db Tom Deacon (great name) to the CFL before his senior year in '69. Deacon is a Canadian, however, which is a prized commodity in the CFL due to league quotas.

Just food for thought.

Each of the 9 CFL teams has submitted a negotiating list of 10 American players to the league office. Most of these players are in NFL training camps or entering their senior year. One surprise was the Hamilton Ti-Cats' listing of Sam Hartman. Don't pretend to know all the Canadian rules, but presume that the T-Cats could sign Hartman after this season if he is willing to be paid to play. Although there is a dearth of good qbs in the CFL, Hartman is a top student and the CFL really doesn't pay well except for a few proven stars. I remember when the Deacs lost kicker/db Tom Deacon (great name) to the CFL before his senior year in '69. Deacon is a Canadian, however, which is a prized commodity in the CFL due to league quotas.

Just food for thought.

This post is amazing.

Apparently this is "wish" list of American players in which the CFL team is interested. I'll speculate that the Ti-Cats front office watched the Wake opener last season vs. Tulane in which Hartman looked quite good. Doubt that Sam even knew he was on the list.

This post is amazing.

I should have elaborated... This post is amazing because I learned so much. 1) I had no idea the CFL was tracking Sam Hartman, 2) I had no idea Wake previously lost a player early to the CFL, and 3) I had no idea Wake had a player named Tom Deacon. Well done!

Back