• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

No more sneaking in beer cans during football games

reentry is one of the benefits of being a smaller program

Wake should embrace that

Mini bottles don't set off the detectors and neither does a vape. Stick em in your crotch and you'll be golden. If you're really worried just put it in your waistline behind your belt.

You have been doing it wrong. I always just wear tall socks and stuff them full. Or tie them together on a string tie the string to your pant button and run them down you leg if your trying to get bent.

What is the argument against re-entry?

I assume it is because stadiums shut down alcohol sales for safety reasons at some point during the game, and they don't want fans circumventing that?

I assume it is because stadiums shut down alcohol sales for safety reasons at some point during the game, and they don't want fans circumventing that?

Eliminating re-entry would only delay the point at which fans could circumvent the in-stadium alcohol sales shut down.

Eliminating re-entry would only delay the point at which fans could circumvent the in-stadium alcohol sales shut down.

I'm not following your logic. Can you expand on this?

Once alcohol sales shut down, people leave to continue drinking in the parking lot.

Yeah, that's why stadiums don't allow re-entry, because they don't want to allow even more drunk fans back in the stadium.

Yeah, that's why stadiums don't allow re-entry, because they don't want to allow even more drunk fans back in the stadium.

Right - so without re-entry, you'll have even fewer fans in the stadium during the fourth quarter.

I'd rather have drunk fans loudly cheering for Wake over having zero fans in the stands.

I'd rather have drunk fans loudly cheering for Wake over having zero fans in the stands.

This. And I bet Clawson and the team would too. If we are ever going to be cool, we'll need to get away from the wine and cheese bull shit.

Yeah, this seems like a pretty odd thing to complain about. They are going to allow you to bring in a water bottle for free refills, as much as you want, throughout the game, and they are going to set up more misting stations. Plus they are going to scan for metal objects. And they now sell beer. If you have to sneak in booze, there are still many ways to do so.

These rules were in effect for the WS Open yesterday. You can bring in a reusable water bottle, they just don't want you bringing in a metal water bottle or heavy plastic reusable bottle. I brought in two thin plastic reusable bottles yesterday and there was no issue. For football planning purposes, the bottles need to be empty to be brought in - just an FYI.

Good rule! Most all sporting venues have been going to this for our safety. Good job Wake!

You people realize that they now sell beer throughout the stadium for the first three quarters of the game, and halftime, right ?

“I don’t want to pay $9 for a beer” is not a compelling reason why Wake should allow pass outs.

Mini bottles don't set off the detectors and neither does a vape. Stick em in your crotch and you'll be golden. If you're really worried just put it in your waistline behind your belt.

Which is also a simple place to sneak in a gun, making this nothing but security theater. I know a handful of cops who do it that way when off the clock just to prevent the extra step of having to show their ID and go through the hassle/explanation. Wear a metallic belt buckle...no problem explaining why the wand goes off there. I've carried my pocket knife and metal flask into all sorts of events that way.

Last edited:
Right - so without re-entry, you'll have even fewer fans in the stadium during the fourth quarter.

I'm pretty sure stadiums do this so they don't have to worry about the liability of fans that needed to leave in the 4th quarter to drink more re-entering the stadium.

Just to be clear, Wake currently allows re-entry. Do we have swarms of drunk fans re-entering for the fourth quarter?

I'm pretty sure stadiums do this so they don't have to worry about the liability of fans that needed to leave in the 4th quarter to drink more re-entering the stadium.

Most likely so they don't have to pay the extra staff to check re-entry stamps. Stadiums are never going to face liability from a drunk falling down after drinking their own alcohol.

Back