• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

No more sneaking in beer cans during football games

Just to be clear, Wake currently allows re-entry. Do we have swarms of drunk fans re-entering for the fourth quarter?

I can vouch for one.

Reentry is common in smaller schools. (Like d2). It’s a perk of not going to a mega school. I like going to the parking lot at half time. It’s part of our ritual. We meet up with tailgate friends that don’t sit with us and chat about the first half. Drink a few beers and eat some leftovers. I’ve not heard a compelling reason to get rid of reentry. Is it currently causing an issue or does the university just not want to have to staff it?

Just saw on TV that Clemson and all the other ACC schools are doing the tiny clear bag policies and new metal detectors this season. Just like TSA ruined flying and makes me try to avoid flying when I can, I guess pretty soon I'll just stay home and watch the games on TV. The terrorists won.

Q: How much extra time should fans allow for entry into Wake Forest facilities utilizing metal detection?
A: Fans are strongly encouraged to arrive early in order to allow for the extra time to pass through the metal detection process. While wait times can vary due to weather, crowd size, etc, general rule of thumb is 30 minutes earlier than you may normally come. Please note, BB&T Field gates will continue to open 90 minutes prior to kickoff. Entering without bags and emptying pockets before getting to screening will shorten wait times.

So they are expecting it could take up to 30 minutes more to enter the stadium but they aren't planning to open the gates any earlier. This could be a disaster.

Gonna be fun to see the flyover from the screening line at Gate 3

Q: How much extra time should fans allow for entry into Wake Forest facilities utilizing metal detection?
A: Fans are strongly encouraged to arrive early in order to allow for the extra time to pass through the metal detection process. While wait times can vary due to weather, crowd size, etc, general rule of thumb is 30 minutes earlier than you may normally come. Please note, BB&T Field gates will continue to open 90 minutes prior to kickoff. Entering without bags and emptying pockets before getting to screening will shorten wait times.

So they are expecting it could take up to 30 minutes more to enter the stadium but they aren't planning to open the gates any earlier. This could be a disaster.

This.

We need to hire an event planner.

Back