• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

No more sneaking in beer cans during football games

Not allowing reusable water bottles. Way to look out for the environment.

Last edited:
Let's hope you can still bring Prozac, Valium, heroin and acid to bball games.

Q: How much extra time should fans allow for entry into Wake Forest facilities utilizing metal detection?
A: Fans are strongly encouraged to arrive early in order to allow for the extra time to pass through the metal detection process. While wait times can vary due to weather, crowd size, etc, general rule of thumb is 30 minutes earlier than you may normally come.

I don't know what is worse, that someone estimated that it could take an extra 30 minutes to get into WF's stadium, or that I can sadly envision the typical college stadium security staff finding a way to be that inept to meet the timeline.

Outside some truly awful security staffs (Bank of America's security was awfully slow and unorganized at the last Kickoff game), I cannot recall the last time that it took longer than a few minutes to get through security, even at a massive stadium.

Last edited:
I imagine this is a reaction to the recent massive shootings (which is comical since that threat has been very real for years) but it definitely lessens the probability that I will be attending any Wake games. Sneaking bourbon mini bottles in is about the only way I made it through games back when I had season tickets.

They sell beer at the stadium. I'm fine knowing that state fans have had to go through a metal detector before entering.

They sell beer at the stadium. I'm fine knowing that state fans have had to go through a metal detector before entering.

Yeah, this seems like a pretty odd thing to complain about. They are going to allow you to bring in a water bottle for free refills, as much as you want, throughout the game, and they are going to set up more misting stations. Plus they are going to scan for metal objects. And they now sell beer. If you have to sneak in booze, there are still many ways to do so.

These rules were in effect for the WS Open yesterday. You can bring in a reusable water bottle, they just don't want you bringing in a metal water bottle or heavy plastic reusable bottle. I brought in two thin plastic reusable bottles yesterday and there was no issue. For football planning purposes, the bottles need to be empty to be brought in - just an FYI.

I imagine this is a reaction to the recent massive shootings (which is comical since that threat has been very real for years) but it definitely lessens the probability that I will be attending any Wake games. Sneaking bourbon mini bottles in is about the only way I made it through games back when I had season tickets.

I don’t think mini bottles have enough metal on them to set off a metal detector.

Mini bottles don't set off the detectors and neither does a vape. Stick em in your crotch and you'll be golden. If you're really worried just put it in your waistline behind your belt.

It really depends on if the metal detectors are using magnetism to detect the metal. If not, then the aluminum cans and mini bottle tops wont set them off.

They are always trying to get rid of reentry. Hopefully it doesn’t stick.

Back