• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Newman Named QB1

that 2014 O-line was soooooo bad

Deacs as a team had 479 rushing yards on the season

Put me down for one not worried about the defense. I'm weirdly enough more worried about our rushing attack.

Wait 4 years and then look back on our current defense. I think you'll change your mind.
We're still fairly young, but good (imho). Think we'll have some stars develop from our current group.

We will see. Grobe could recruit defense, Clawson can recruit offense. Jury is still out on whether Clawson can recruit defense.

that 2014 O-line was soooooo bad

Deacs as a team had 479 rushing yards on the season

the lack of offensive talent on clawson's first team is unbelievable.

dez wortham was the leading rusher. tyler cameron was the backup qb tho

It was kind of amazing that Claw managed to win 3 games that year. Hell, even Gardner-Webb was a struggle.

I think that's the most checked out of a Deacs football team I've been since high school

Wait 4 years and then look back on our current defense. I think you'll change your mind.
We're still fairly young, but good (imho). Think we'll have some stars develop from our current group.

This. These guys are going to be good.

And Alique Terry (?) and Isaiah Robinson as t-Fr starters who basically never played again.

I'm with you on this. IMHO, Boogie will play on Sundays in a few years. Bassey too. There is probably at least one more amongst the young guys.

It was kind of amazing that Claw managed to win 3 games that year. Hell, even Gardner-Webb was a struggle.

The Beamer 0-0 celebration pic at the end of regulation was the highlight of the season.

The Beamer 0-0 celebration pic at the end of regulation was the highlight of the season.

Our offense was basically lower end of 1-AA level that season, which was a shame because the defense was really good. An average ACC level offense on that team would've gone bowling with that defense.

We will see. Grobe could recruit defense, Clawson can recruit offense. Jury is still out on whether Clawson can recruit defense.

Per 247's admittedly flawed All-Time Commits list, Clawson has recruited the 2nd, 3rd, and 5th-highest rated defensive commits in school history in McCollum, Kamara, and Allen. That list does not include Jessie Bates, who, if memory serves, was drafted higher than any Grobe commits apart from Curry, KJ, and Phonze.

Back