• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Network availability

Surprised you're saving that much. Sticking with Xfinity for Internet? Did you have a lot of cable channels with your former package?

I ask as I've contemplated the same but it seems if you quit a cable/Internet bundle with them then they just jack up the Internet rates if you're doing that solo

I think I am going to tell Comcast to haul ass, even if they do add the ACC Network - it's just a matter of when I do it. If they do not add it before Thursday, I will do the free week of YTTV, and if I like it, then adios Comcast. We pay over $180 for cable/net through Comcast, so even if just net ends up being $60 or so, packaging that with $50 for something like YTTV is still a pretty big savings and seems to give a lot more flexibility. The thing that surprised me about YTTV and Hulu Live is that it gives almost all of the sports stuff that I watch. With cable, you have to bundle some packages together to get it all, hence the higher bill.

I'd be surprised if you can get just internet for $60, though I pay for pretty high-speed for all my pron...err, sports streaming.

If you can pull it off def please come back and report!

Hoping the wrath of the Clemson fans can seal the deal.

I know many will say Comcast doesn’t care, but I really think the Clemson administration has significant power and influence right now in college football. I see it happening by Thursday nite. Then I can watch the Wake game which Comcast could care less about.

I know many will say Comcast doesn’t care, but I really think the Clemson administration has significant power and influence right now in college football. I see it happening by Thursday nite. Then I can watch the Wake game which Comcast could care less about.

Thursday noon. I totally agree that the K-L-E-M-P-S-...N? PTB will get this done.

I'd be surprised if you can get just internet for $60, though I pay for pretty high-speed for all my pron...err, sports streaming.

Got it for 50 a month as a returning customer - leveraging “leaving” (returning under my name instead of my wife’s but they don’t know that). We had a lot of premium channels, sports package, and fast internet. Realized we didn’t need Internet off the chart because the major issue with our internet was living in an apartment with concrete walls decreasing reach.

Also nobody games in our family online and we just need enough to stream two videos at one time when home. If we need more we will upgrade because we will still be saving a grand a year.

I know it’s early and they don’t have a deep pool of content, but every time I look to see what is on, it’s an hour long Clemson recruiting video.

Looks like they have a "deal" on 150 Mbps (what I have now) for $50 for the first year. Going down to 60 Mbps (just 2 of us and we don't do any gaming - so could probably get by with this) is $30 for the first year. AT&T U-verse fiber is in most of my neighborhood; however, for some reason, it is not available on my block (it is one block in either direction on my street). I figure I can use that to bluff Comcast into thinking I have a legit high-speed option that I can flee to. Hopefully that will enable me to get some promo deal.

Sounds like I need more leverage with Comcast. And/or a wife!

So I'm on a legacy TWC plan and they tell me I have to switch over to Spectrum to watch the ACC Network, even though I can see it in my guide and I've paid for their premium sports package for 10+ years to have 7 Pac10 channels that I never watch. They allege that it will drop my bill by $50/per month and that I'll get what I have plus HBO and some other premium BS. However, the guy was dodging when I asked him about keeping the whole-house DVRs, as I've heard Spectrum doesn't offer that. Also, the big kicker to me was that they say a technician has to come to my house to make the switch. Every time one of those cocksuckers comes to my house they screw something up. What the hell do they need to come to the house for? Everything already says Spectrum when I turn on the TV. They just flip a computer switch to turn on the additional channels, I can see them on my Spectrum-branded guide, and change the bill. I told the guy to go fuck himself when he insisted on their assuredly drunk worker coming out to screw up my house. I'll pay the extra $50/month and forget the ACC Network to not have to deal with the fallout from that visit.

So as a follow up, I had to drive back from Raleigh yesterday so figured I would call Spectrum again to again tell them how full of shit they are. At first they gave me the same BS line about still being on a TWC plan, having to change my cable boxes, sending somebody to the house, losing the whole house DVR, etc. But I called them out on it, telling them that Spectrum charges my credit card, when I turn on my (former TWC) whole-house DVR boxes all the shit says Spectrum, the ACC Network shows in the guide like any other premium channel that I can't access and needs to be turned on, etc. After running through several useless people who could barely speak English, I finally got high enough up the chain to get someone to admit that, not surprisingly, I was completely correct. She hit some computer strokes and now the ACC Network works on both my TV and through the ESPN app, while keeping the whole-house DVRs and without changing any equipment or having anyone come to the house. Plus she upgraded my internet from 300 mb/s to 400 mb/s. It took me an hour on the phone though, it is amazing how incompetent most of their workers are.

Using my free week of Hulu Live. Will try U Tube next. Currently with Uverse so may have to cut the cord.

Research is telling me that U Tube TV is the better deal for multiple TV's and recording.

Yeah YTTV has a good family plan for multiple users on one account plus has DVR abilities. It's very intuitive to use and you can customize the channel lineup order yourself while blocking/removing channels from the lineup that you don't want to use.

Just signed up for YTTV trial. Was able to stream ACCN on my phone via the ESPN app.

I've been researching YTTV, PSVue and Hulu Live. PSVue has up to 5 simultaneous streams, YTTV has 3 and Hulu Live has 2. I've heard the PSVue has an odd GUI that takes a little to get used to, but a buddy that has it loves it. He only picked PSVue because he already had Firesticks and they don't work with YTTV.

I'm undecided at this point which one to choose, both seem to offer the same basic channels for around $50 per month. Guess it'll come down to the free trial. I do like the idea of Firesticks for my kids as they also have Alexa's and the Firesticks have voice remotes utilizing Alexa.

Is Riley still broadcasting why is he not on the ACCN?

This dude may be totally making this up, but leaving this here for my fellow Uverse subscribers:

OK, boys, for those who have AT&T U-verse, here's the deal................

The ACC Network and U-verse could not come to a deal through negotiations (those go on for at least 60 days), so it was sent to a neutral 3rd party arbitrator on August 15. The arbitrator has 30 days to announce the carrying price and both parties will be forced to accept that price. It is binding arbitration for both parties.

So, the ACC Network SHOULD be on U-verse no later than September 15. However, it is likely it will happen much sooner than that date.

And by the way, the NFL Network which also disappeared off of U-verse a number of months ago is also in arbitration at this time and Sept. 15 is also the latest date for that to be resolved.

As to the local CBS affiliate in the Asheville/Spartanburg area (channel 7), U-verse and Nextar are in a slap-fight right now and that has not reached the 60 day arbitration deadline, but with the NFL coming up soon, it is likely that will get solved within the next few weeks.

Don't ask me how I now all this.....but I do.

So, tentatively very good news.

https://247sports.com/college/north...oviderchannel-information--134038726/?Page=13

LOL at U-Verse. Sept 15 is way too late to get your football ducks in a row.

Back