• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Network availability

Considering dumping Comcast but can't get a straight answer from them for the cost of keeping my internet. Anybody here just paying for internet service from Comcast?

Would be interesting to find out how many people cut the cord due to ACCN.

Seems like the cable companies are accelerating their own death due to a lack of vision.

Underestimating how much people care about their sports teams could prove fatal.

Considering dumping Comcast but can't get a straight answer from them for the cost of keeping my internet. Anybody here just paying for internet service from Comcast?

Yeah. Either leverage them by saying you have a better price for another service to have them negotiate against themselves (check the base price of internet for the speed you want through Comcast for a new customer and you can use them in your spouse’s name or any other person you live with) or straight up ask for a discount for internet as a long term customer. They’re generally amenable to a bit of haggling if the alternative is you leaving completely.

AT&T buying DirecTV, thus consolidating 2 of the major players, certainly didn't help the consumer.

why would the negotiations be so held up with UVerse when DirecTV seemed to have fewer issues, other than streaming, which was resolved?

Sitting here watching the former Clemson Olinemen pick UNC as a sleeper. EJ Manuel pick Duke and Richt pick GT is just making.me sick. Except when our games are on it I wouldn't pay for this garbage everyone is blatantly ignoring us over UNC and Duke really.

I had to call Spectrum yesterday for a non ACCN related issue and the pre-recorded intro asked if I was calling about ACCN. So I'm assuming some people have left their provider to gain access to the channel if Spectrum is leading off with that prompt.

I've been researching YTTV, PSVue and Hulu Live. PSVue has up to 5 simultaneous streams, YTTV has 3 and Hulu Live has 2. I've heard the PSVue has an odd GUI that takes a little to get used to, but a buddy that has it loves it. He only picked PSVue because he already had Firesticks and they don't work with YTTV.

I'm undecided at this point which one to choose, both seem to offer the same basic channels for around $50 per month. Guess it'll come down to the free trial. I do like the idea of Firesticks for my kids as they also have Alexa's and the Firesticks have voice remotes utilizing Alexa.

there is no official YTTV app on the firestick (until later this year) and it's not listed as a supported device. YTTV works great on Roku though.

I think my only issue with cutting the cord would be losing Sunday ticket.

The ACC has put together an impressive roster of advertisers for the defending champs. Can’t wait to see who they lined up for us!

Looks like the usual ESPNU ads. Can't wait to see what sunglasses I can buy that are worn by Army Rangers.

Back