• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Network availability

Installed a Roku. Purchased YouTube TV. Followed instructions. 77 channels including ACC network. Save money. OWG learns from technically talented youth. Thank you to all who have provided insight and encouragement.

For those that have cut the cord, how much data are you using per month? I have 1 TB for Uverse Fiber on my current plan. Can upgrade to unlimited for about $20 more a month. Still can save money doing that, just wonder if it is necessary.

How much do you cord cutters pay per month all in these days? Last I heard it wasn't possible to get stand alone internet for less than $60-$70, and Youtube TV costs $50. I pay $130 total a month for Uverse TV/Internet with whole house DVR, and get pretty much every channel (other than ACCN) imaginable, the sports package, and HBO/Showtime.

Doesn't seem worth it for me to switch (assuming ACCN gets resolved soon) just to potentially save $10-20 a month. Also unsure if the streaming services get HBO/Showtime, regional sports channels, etc included, or if you have to pay extra (reducing savings).

How much do you cord cutters pay per month all in these days? Last I heard it wasn't possible to get stand alone internet for less than $60-$70, and Youtube TV costs $50. I pay $130 total a month for Uverse TV/Internet with whole house DVR, and get pretty much every channel (other than ACCN) imaginable, the sports package, and HBO/Showtime.

Doesn't seem worth it for me to switch (assuming ACCN gets resolved soon) just to potentially save $10-20 a month. Also unsure if the streaming services get HBO/Showtime, regional sports channels, etc included, or if you have to pay extra (reducing savings).

Looks about the same for me. Paying comcast for TV and internet. Could save about $20 a month, but would have to use Roku and other devices which my wife can't operate to watch TV. Not really worth it, but I want ACC network.

Those questioning whether to jump over to Youtube TV don't know what they are missing out on.

For those that have cut the cord, how much data are you using per month? I have 1 TB for Uverse Fiber on my current plan. Can upgrade to unlimited for about $20 more a month. Still can save money doing that, just wonder if it is necessary.

cordcuttersnews.com has info on internet data usage. Unless your TV is being used 12+ hrs. daily will not even approach 1 TB of usage. I use mine 4-6 hrs. avg. daily and usage is well below 1 TB.

I didn't even think about checking out Uverse TV to bundle with my Uverse fiber. I currently have Dish and pay about $130. Does Uverse TV charge you for equipment?

I pay $50 for YTTV and a $45 teaser rate for Spectrum internet. We're saving about $80/month total, but we were way overpaying for DSL.

I found that the U-verse $130 turned into almost $200 when you factor in equipment rental and other charges. Plus I had Netflix and Amazon Prime extra anyway. During non-sports season I get down to 65 for Northstate fiber and an additional 7 bucks for Hulu on top of the Netflix and Prime I was already paying for. I get HBO for free with my AT&T phone service. Hulu live is 45 bucks during Sports season

I found that the U-verse $130 turned into almost $200 when you factor in equipment rental and other charges. Plus I had Netflix and Amazon Prime extra anyway. During non-sports season I get down to 65 for Northstate fiber and an additional 7 bucks for Hulu on top of the Netflix and Prime I was already paying for. I get HBO for free with my AT&T phone service. Hulu live is 45 bucks during Sports season

Keep in mind streaming services only charge local sales tax. No contracts, can cancel anytime. Cable, add monthly box rental, sales tax, also all the other related fees and taxes; adds up.

I signed up for the Hulu trial, but the ACC Network app just started working. ACC Network is also listed on my online channel guide but has not yet appeared on my TV. Spectrum.

yes I had spectrum too and had to call them and they said since I used to have Charter before the merger I needed to exchange for the faster 400mps modem to get the ACC network along with 54 more channels at no extra charge.

I’m pretty frustrated with Spectrum.

On my channel guide it has the accn listed. Selecting it brings up a screen stating to call a number to access this channel. Called the number. Recording with endless unhelpful menu options. At some point a recording asked if I was calling about the accn and I thought “yes” I’m getting somewhere! But when I indicated that “yes” that’s what i was calling about, the next thing was a question asking me if my problem had been addressed by the last message. WTF? I chose “yes” and they went on to ask then if I had any other problems...😡

So...I called again and could not get the automated crap to get anything done and finally got a person. She explained to me that my account is a “legacy” Time Warner account and not a real/actual Spectrum account and the accn was only available to real/actual Spectrum accounts and not “legacy” TWC accounts. Ok—so what’s involved in switching to a real/actual Spectrum account? New package and some equipment exchange—but I’d need to talk to a “sales” person to make it happen. So she transferred me to “sales” and I’m left on hold with muzak for twenty minutes before I just hung up.

Ok—they may finally drive me to AT&T.

There must be an easier way to access the damn accn.

yes you just take your modem to the nearest Spectrum office and get the new one and then you get 54 more channels including the ACC network and your bill does not change

So are 11 am kickoffs going to be a regular thing?

So are 11 am kickoffs going to be a regular thing?

Once ACC play is really going it should be 12:00/4:00/8:00 games I think I saw.

Is the ACC going to screw it up tonight and miss the whole 1Q of the Miami/UNC game to show the 4Q of the ULM/FSU game?

Once ACC play is really going it should be 12:00/4:00/8:00 games I think I saw.

Is the ACC going to screw it up tonight and miss the whole 1Q of the Miami/UNC game to show the 4Q of the ULM/FSU game?

They kinda did. Most of the first quarter of the Miami/Cheats game wound up being on ESPNNews.

ACCN shows the Nevin Shapiro 30 for 30, which has got to be an embarrassment for Miami. Meanwhile, Coach K's fellatious recruiting documentary on the class of '86 is on heavy rotation. Where is I Hate Christian Laettner?

Watching All ACC at halftime of NO/HOU game and they got back to back scores wrong.

ec145db2aa650d9ba6e27c3789e06dc1.jpg

1e466feac15a9a443aa057f79ad56fb3.jpg

It take skill to be so bad.

Saving a ton of money. My four children who have all moved out and have their own places now all cut the cord too and I am haring my $50 yttv with all four of them. Collectively we save $300-$400 per month

Saving a ton of money. My four children who have all moved out and have their own places now all cut the cord too and I am haring my $50 yttv with all four of them. Collectively we save $300-$400 per month
Just did 3 week YouTube trial. Curious how long have you been sharing YouTube at different houses? We considered doing this as well but didn't know how well it would work

Back