• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Network availability

I'm guessing the Wake/Elon game will be on ACC Network Extra. Which I'm pretty sure means you have to ACC Network to stream it.

More like one out of three.

Ourselves aside bball is pretty strong right now, we usually get 10 teams in the dance and we just had five in the Sweet 16.

Some of the "traditional aspect" has been lost since the conference is so goddamn big, but that isn't a uniquely ACC phenomenon

I'm guessing the Wake/Elon game will be on ACC Network Extra. Which I'm pretty sure means you have to ACC Network to stream it.

So now you need ACC Network to stream games that we used to stream with just ESPN?

Almost def -- nine ACC teams playing at home this weekend, and a lot are playing weak FBS competition, which screams televised ACC Net.

With Wake playing FCS competition, can't see this being televised

Last edited:
So now you need ACC Network to stream games that we used to stream with just ESPN?

I believe so. https://awfulannouncing.com/espn/espn-accnx-football-acc-network.html

Also, if I am not mistaken, there is no more Raycom/ACC game of the week on a regular TV station anymore. So it sounds like unless a game is on ESPN,ESPN2, ESPNU, or ABC, you won't be able to stream it via ESPN. The only way to get games that are not on TV, is via ACC Network Extra, and you have to be a subscriber to a provider that carries ACC Network to get that.

So we start a network and fewer people will be able to watch our games.

Also, if I am not mistaken, there is no more Raycom/ACC game of the week on a regular TV station anymore. So it sounds like unless a game is on ESPN,ESPN2, ESPNU, or ABC, you won't be able to stream it via ESPN.

The games on the regional sports networks still exist, though. There isn't one Week 1 but there is in Week 2 and Week 3. Looks like they're getting the bottom of the barrel -- they have two FCS-ACC matchups in the first two weeks.

Not sure how streaming will work for those exactly, but IIRC you can stream those through like Fox Sports Go if it's on FS South/Carolinas locally

Comcast subscriber here, and they haven't reached an agreement yet. The good news is that Wake only has one of it's first three games on the ACC Network. I figure that if Comcast doesn't reach an agreement by the Utah State game, I will do the free 7 day trial of Hulu Live. Then it will be wait and see what networks the latter games are on and if Comcast starts carrying the ACC Network.

WAIT, WTF? I thought the whole idea of the ACCN was to broadcast every game. Not liking this one bit.

WAIT, WTF? I thought the whole idea of the ACCN was to broadcast every game. Not liking this one bit.

The Rice game is on CBS Sports channel and then the UNC game is on ESPN. So all three are on TV - you just have to have the right channels. I have those 2 channels - just don't have the ACC Network ... yet?

It's just like the ACC to take so long to set up their own network that now they're doing it right in the middle of the streaming wars when people have to pay so many monthly fees and don't want to add another one.

It's just like the ACC to take so long to set up their own network that now they're doing it right in the middle of the streaming wars when people have to pay so many monthly fees and don't want to add another one.

Thanks SWOFF!

From the ACC page re the Network: "All ACCN games will also be available on the ESPN app to authenticated pay TV subscribers." I read that to mean that if you subscribe to ESPN, you will be able to stream all the ACC Network games through the same app.

From the ACC page re the Network: "All ACCN games will also be available on the ESPN app to authenticated pay TV subscribers." I read that to mean that if you subscribe to ESPN, you will be able to stream all the ACC Network games through the same app.

No. If you pay for ACCN, you will be able to stream through the ESPN app.

anyone know if ACCN will be a base channel with Youtube TV and Hulu Live TV or if it'll be an extra fee to add it on?

Early season ACC Network lineup:

8/29 Ga Tech @ Clemson
8/30 Utah State @ Wake Forest
8/31 ECU @ NC State
8/31 Va Tech @ BC
8/31 UVA @ Pitt

9/6 William & Mary @ UVA
9/7 Ohio @ Pitt
9/7 WCU @ NC State (Extra)
9/7 USF @ Ga Tech
9/7 Richmond @ BC (Extra)
9/7 UL Monroe @ FSU
9/7 NC A&T @ Duke (Extra)
9/7 EKU @ Louisville (Extra)
9/7 Miami @ UNC-CH

9/13 Kansas @ BC
9/14 Furman @ Va Tech
9/14 Citadel @ Ga Tech (Extra)
9/14 Bethune-Cookman @ Miami
9/14 FSU @ UVA

Looks like every ACC team except Syracuse will be featured in the first three weeks. It also seems like games which migh have previously been on ESPNU or ESPN2 are now on ACC Network. A fair number of games that don't deserve to be watched also.

This really isn't the best time for the ACCN to start airing. With the exception of Clemson, and maybe Syracuse, the ACC is incredibly weak. FSU, VT, GT, Lville, Pitt and UNC are all down from where they have historically been. I mean, it's nice to be able to see 2-3 more Wake games than I usually get, but outside of Clemson, there isn't much worth watching.

Nah, I think it means if you subscribe to a cable service that includes ACCN (e.g. TimeWarner or whoever has it) then you can watch ACCN through the ESPN app

Back