• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Network availability

Nah, I think it means if you subscribe to a cable service that includes ACCN (e.g. TimeWarner or whoever has it) then you can watch ACCN through the ESPN app

I believe this is correct. It sounds like a sticking point with some of the cable providers is that ESPN/ACCN is requiring the ACCN just be a regular channel. They won't allow it as part of an extra priced sports bundle or extra priced ala carte channel. So technically you won't pay for the ACCN. Of course if your rate eventually goes up because the cable company is paying more...

I have UVerse and SEC Network is part of a higher sports tier that I don't subscribe to. I therefore cannot stream SECN.

This really isn't the best time for the ACCN to start airing. With the exception of Clemson, and maybe Syracuse, the ACC is incredibly weak. FSU, VT, GT, Lville, Pitt and UNC are all down from where they have historically been. I mean, it's nice to be able to see 2-3 more Wake games than I usually get, but outside of Clemson, there isn't much worth watching.

Wild that you didn't even mention Miami. Miami can be a powerhouse again (hopefully).

Can't agree that this is a bad time for the ACC Network to launch.

The ACC just won Nattys in the two most prominent NCAA sports. The ACC has the QB that is considered the best NFL prospect in forever in Trevor Lawrence. Duke and UNC are still basketball powerhouses. Cuse has a little buzz in football for the first time in a long time. We shall see how the football season plays out, but wouldn't be surprised to see another football team or two emerge this year. Realize that football and men's hoop will always drive the train, but the ACC is always loaded in several other sports (men's and women's soccer, women's hoop, baseball, lax). Think that there will be a healthy demand for the channel on the East Coast, and think that it won't be long until checking out the ACCN is a regular thing for sports fans in the East.

Maybe i am missing something. My cable company, Suddenlink, offers ESPN to which i subscribe. On my iphone or PC I download the new ESPN app and search for Wake or any ACC game. I am asked to verify my subscription to Suddenlink. I then see all of Wake's planned games. At game time, i view the game on my iphone or PC, then i use my chromecast device to cast the Espn Wake game to my tv. No problem. And i can do this even without cable, say on my boat. I doubt very much that Suddenlink will have a separate channel called ACCN.
I did have to initially set up my chromecast device for my tv. And on the ESPN app i see a cast icon which is used to cast the game.

Last edited:
it's confusing because ESPN used to list games on their platform as ACCN

My provider already has it. Streaming the same loop of ads

Reminds me of the "Happy Days' episode in which the knob breaks off the tv set in Arnold's. Either Ralph or Potsy exclaims, "OMG! We'll miss the Wake Forest game." Not sure whether a Wake grad was involved in the production or whether they were making fun of us like our PA guy used to do with Slippery Rock at Bowman Gray Stadium.

Sure it is new. Have you actually downloaded the espn app? Do that and search for wake

What you're referring to is the online only "ACC Digital Network Extra", which is basically ESPN3. The "ACC Network" is a standalone channel on TV services, and will get priority to televise games. There may still be games on ACCDNE or ESPN3, but they will mostly be Olympic sports and such.

If your cable company doesn't carry the ACCN, your cable login with ESPN won't let you watch ACCN.

Last edited:
Reminds me of the "Happy Days' episode in which the knob breaks off the tv set in Arnold's. Either Ralph or Potsy exclaims, "OMG! We'll miss the Wake Forest game." Not sure whether a Wake grad was involved in the production or whether they were making fun of us like our PA guy used to do with Slippery Rock at Bowman Gray Stadium.

Not sure if it's the same episode, but in "Last Of The Big Time Malphs", Ralph becomes a bookie and Richie places a bet on Wake Forest beating Notre Dame in football at 10:1 odds. Anyone who remembers that series can imagine Raph laughing at Richie for that bet.

One of my friends at Wake did some grad work at Michigan and was told that the Wake score was always announced in The Big House, much to the amusement of the crowd.

What you're referring to is the online only "ACC Digital Network Extra", which is basically ESPN3. The "ACC Network" is a standalone channel on TV services, and will get priority to televise games. There may still be games on ACCDNE or ESPN3, but they will mostly be Olympic sports and such.

If your cable company doesn't carry the ACCN, your cable login with ESPN won't let you watch ACCN.

Exactly. Not sure why people don't understand this.

"Hey, I can't watch ACCN on my cable TV, but I can watch it on my phone !"

Exactly. Not sure why people don't understand this.

"Hey, I can't watch ACCN on my cable TV, but I can watch it on my phone !"

Well, let's look at some documented information at the ACC site.
1. At their FAQ site They report: How can I get ACCN in time for the August 2019 launch?
ESPN is working hard to ensure that ACCN will be broadly available via video providers across the country. Carriage agreements are already in place with the following video providers: DIRECTV, Google Fiber, Hulu Live TV, Optimum, PlayStation Vue, Spectrum, Suddenlink, TVision, Verizon Fios, YouTubeTV, as well as, members of the NRTC and Vivicast Media and more. For the latest updates and list, please visit GetACCN.com. You can also contact your pay TV provider and request that they carry ACCN as part of its channel lineup.

How do I get the digital part of the Network?
Once ACCN launches in August 2019, provided you are a customer who receives ACCN from your pay TV provider, you will have access to ACCNX via the ESPN App.

2. I go to getaccn.com to see who in my area offers the ACCn via my iphone and enter my zip code. My provider is Suddenlink. It shows me DirectTV, Hulu, Playstationvue,Spectrum, SUDDENLINK, Youtubetv. Thus confirming the above.

3. I download the new ESPN app on my iphone. I click it and I can search and view the acc games coming up. I was asked one time to verify my service provider (suddenlink). I did so.

4. The first game is Thursday night , Clemson.

5. I call sales at Suddenlink . I ask if they can confirm. They say no, but will know tomorrow. (dumb as usual for them)

6. I am convinced there are two options for a cable provider IF they "carry" the ACCN on ESPN. If they provide a CHANNEL for me, I can view ACC on my tv. If they provide the accn on THE espn app IN MY iPHONE, I can view ACCN on my Iphone AND if i have a chromecast, i can cast that to the tv. I say they can offer either one or both, but because Suddenlink is reported to "CARRY" ACCN, I will watch it either or both on my iphone and TV.

Will let you all know tomorrow.

The official ACC statement on this may help clarify a totally confusing sitiuation. At the ACC FAQ site they report this: What will the Network be called?
The Network will be called “ACCN.”The formal name is “ACC Network.” ACC Network Extra (ACCNX) is the Network’s digital platform available on the ESPN App.

Sure am glad these guys aren't designing rockets. :) :)

WTF is Suddenlink ?

If you are paying for ACCN (through your cable provider, one way or another) you will be able to stream through the ESPN app.

I suppose your provider could pay ESPN for ACCN and not bother to put it on your channel lineup and you'd be allowed to stream, but that would be weird.

Last edited:
Well, let's look at some documented information at the ACC site.
1. At their FAQ site They report: How can I get ACCN in time for the August 2019 launch?
ESPN is working hard to ensure that ACCN will be broadly available via video providers across the country. Carriage agreements are already in place with the following video providers: DIRECTV, Google Fiber, Hulu Live TV, Optimum, PlayStation Vue, Spectrum, Suddenlink, TVision, Verizon Fios, YouTubeTV, as well as, members of the NRTC and Vivicast Media and more. For the latest updates and list, please visit GetACCN.com. You can also contact your pay TV provider and request that they carry ACCN as part of its channel lineup.

How do I get the digital part of the Network?
Once ACCN launches in August 2019, provided you are a customer who receives ACCN from your pay TV provider, you will have access to ACCNX via the ESPN App.

2. I go to getaccn.com to see who in my area offers the ACCn via my iphone and enter my zip code. My provider is Suddenlink. It shows me DirectTV, Hulu, Playstationvue,Spectrum, SUDDENLINK, Youtubetv. Thus confirming the above.

3. I download the new ESPN app on my iphone. I click it and I can search and view the acc games coming up. I was asked one time to verify my service provider (suddenlink). I did so.

4. The first game is Thursday night , Clemson.

5. I call sales at Suddenlink . I ask if they can confirm. They say no, but will know tomorrow. (dumb as usual for them)

6. I am convinced there are two options for a cable provider IF they "carry" the ACCN on ESPN. If they provide a CHANNEL for me, I can view ACC on my tv. If they provide the accn on THE espn app IN MY iPHONE, I can view ACCN on my Iphone AND if i have a chromecast, i can cast that to the tv. I say they can offer either one or both, but because Suddenlink is reported to "CARRY" ACCN, I will watch it either or both on my iphone and TV.

Will let you all know tomorrow.

I'm a bit confused by your number 6. However, it looks like: A) You have Suddenlink. B) Suddenlink has picked up the ACC Network. C) Starting tomorrow you should have the ACC Network on your TV via Suddenlink cable. D) Because you are a subscriber to a provider that is carrying the ACC Network, you will also be able to access ACC Network content via the ESPN app. E) Some of the content you will be able to access is only available via streaming (ACC Network Extra).

Got this email from The Quad

Momentum Building for ACC Network Launch as Charter/Spectrum signs on!
Kudos to Commissioner Swofford, the ACC and Charter/Spectrum for completing a big deal for Wake Forest fans and student-athletes alike! Tomorrow brings the historic launch of the ACC Network, and thanks in part to the action of our fans, more and more carriers are signing up each week. With so many options on board for ACC fans including Hulu, YouTube TV and DirectTV, carriers know they risk losing subscribers if they don’t offer ACCN. If you are one of our many alumni, parents and friends in areas like Washington D.C., Atlanta, Boston and New York, it is now “go-time” to put pressure on Comcast to carry ACCN! Hit them up via Twitter @comcastcares or contact their customer support team and demand ACCN! Remember that www.GetACCN.com is the easy source for ACCN info.

That still does not clearly address the Channel vs ESPN App question.

Back