• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Network availability

I'm a bit confused by your number 6. However, it looks like: A) You have Suddenlink. B) Suddenlink has picked up the ACC Network. C) Starting tomorrow you should have the ACC Network on your TV via Suddenlink cable. D) Because you are a subscriber to a provider that is carrying the ACC Network, you will also be able to access ACC Network content via the ESPN app. E) Some of the content you will be able to access is only available via streaming (ACC Network Extra).

The confusion is because there are two possible ways to view the ACCN - technically speaking - IF so provided by ESPN and your local cable provider. One way is a tv channel. The other alternative (and additional) way is by using your iphone ESPN app... where ever you are even with out the cable. In the past the old WatchESPN app provided only the latter and showed many Wake games that were NOT on the TV ESNP Channel.

hqdefault.jpg

WTF is Suddenlink ?

If you are paying for ACCN (through your cable provider, one way or another) you will be able to stream through the ESPN app.

I suppose your provider could pay ESPN for ACCN and not bother to put it on your channel lineup and you'd be allowed to stream, but that would be weird.

Yep, a provider could do that. Would not surprise me since channel lineup could be scarce on a cable provider's channel lineup.

I doubt a provider would sink the money into a network and then not air it on the channel lineup (only on the app).

At the risk of stating the obvious, there was a clarification from the ACC that if your provider does not pick up the ACCN then you will be unable to view it on ESPN Plus or the ESPN App even though they will use the ESPN app to air the ACCN.

Got this email from The Quad

Momentum Building for ACC Network Launch as Charter/Spectrum signs on!
Kudos to Commissioner Swofford, the ACC and Charter/Spectrum for completing a big deal for Wake Forest fans and student-athletes alike! Tomorrow brings the historic launch of the ACC Network, and thanks in part to the action of our fans, more and more carriers are signing up each week. With so many options on board for ACC fans including Hulu, YouTube TV and DirectTV, carriers know they risk losing subscribers if they don’t offer ACCN. If you are one of our many alumni, parents and friends in areas like Washington D.C., Atlanta, Boston and New York, it is now “go-time” to put pressure on Comcast to carry ACCN! Hit them up via Twitter @comcastcares or contact their customer support team and demand ACCN! Remember that www.GetACCN.com is the easy source for ACCN info.

That still does not clearly address the Channel vs ESPN App question.

Do you get SECN on your cable network? Can you watch it on the ESPN app? Then odds are that the same will be true for ACCN. That's the best I got for ya.

I doubt a provider would sink the money into a network and then not air it on the channel lineup (only on the app).

At the risk of stating the obvious, there was a clarification from the ACC that if your provider does not pick up the ACCN then you will be unable to view it on ESPN Plus or the ESPN App even though they will use the ESPN app to air the ACCN.

I agree. This is supported by me having to identify my ISP provider and validate it... when i access the ACCN part of the ESPN APP

In addition to recently losing the Fox Sports regional channels, Sling has been unable to reach an agreement with the ACC Network. Girl, bye.

Well, let's look at some documented information at the ACC site.
1. At their FAQ site They report: How can I get ACCN in time for the August 2019 launch?
ESPN is working hard to ensure that ACCN will be broadly available via video providers across the country. Carriage agreements are already in place with the following video providers: DIRECTV, Google Fiber, Hulu Live TV, Optimum, PlayStation Vue, Spectrum, Suddenlink, TVision, Verizon Fios, YouTubeTV, as well as, members of the NRTC and Vivicast Media and more. For the latest updates and list, please visit GetACCN.com. You can also contact your pay TV provider and request that they carry ACCN as part of its channel lineup.

How do I get the digital part of the Network?
Once ACCN launches in August 2019, provided you are a customer who receives ACCN from your pay TV provider, you will have access to ACCNX via the ESPN App.

2. I go to getaccn.com to see who in my area offers the ACCn via my iphone and enter my zip code. My provider is Suddenlink. It shows me DirectTV, Hulu, Playstationvue,Spectrum, SUDDENLINK, Youtubetv. Thus confirming the above.

3. I download the new ESPN app on my iphone. I click it and I can search and view the acc games coming up. I was asked one time to verify my service provider (suddenlink). I did so.

4. The first game is Thursday night , Clemson.

5. I call sales at Suddenlink . I ask if they can confirm. They say no, but will know tomorrow. (dumb as usual for them)

6. I am convinced there are two options for a cable provider IF they "carry" the ACCN on ESPN. If they provide a CHANNEL for me, I can view ACC on my tv. If they provide the accn on THE espn app IN MY iPHONE, I can view ACCN on my Iphone AND if i have a chromecast, i can cast that to the tv. I say they can offer either one or both, but because Suddenlink is reported to "CARRY" ACCN, I will watch it either or both on my iphone and TV.

Will let you all know tomorrow.

Today after talking to my cable company Suddenlink (to which i subscribe cable TV) i was provided the HD and non-HD ACCN channels. 286 and 86 I can view them using my cable box
I do NOT have a special sports channel charge, but simply a low cost surcharge. So far it looks like i also will be able to see ACCN via my ESPN app wherever I go.

Today after talking to my cable company Suddenlink (to which i subscribe cable TV) i was provided the HD and non-HD ACCN channels. 286 and 86 I can view them using my cable box
I do NOT have a special sports channel charge, but simply a low cost surcharge. So far it looks like i also will be able to see ACCN via my ESPN app wherever I go.

Also, Suddenlink provided a non-HD ACCN channel 86 which i can view on a tv without a cable box. And on my cable connected PC, linking to http://www.espn.com/watch/ I can watch ACCN on that PC I still dont know for sure what part of my bill allows all this.

For those with DirecTV: The ACCN can be found at 612.

I just spoke with a representative who said that ACCN and NFL Network/RedZone would be available within the next week on Uverse. Very good to hear.

Right, for an extra charge. Luckily I get all the Big Ten Network and Longhorn Network I could ever watch.

Right, for an extra charge. Luckily I get all the Big Ten Network and Longhorn Network I could ever watch.

Nah, included in the sports package. If you get those channels, you should get ACCN/NFLN. I don't know how you apparently don't get SECN.

Nah, included in the sports package. If you get those channels, you should get ACCN/NFLN. I don't know how you apparently don't get SECN.

Looking at it right now. Chatting with an agent. Fixing it.

I'm watching the launch, it's going to be a 2 hour circle jerk of Duke and UNC chodes. I already kind of hate this channel.

Back