• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Network availability

Well I was hoping for a better preview than normal on the ACC network. And all EJ Manuel said was got to secure Jamie Newman as the starting qb that we used a two QB system last year not that it was two QB due to injury. And why do we lock Clawson up in a long term contract. Wake does things a certain way how weak. Duke got they are gonna surprise people again and a good five more minutes than us.

That’s because we made him our BITCH in 2011.

I remember watching the ACC Preview in 2006. We didn’t even get that much. It was a Wake and Duke segment that ran maybe 60 seconds. Fuck ‘em.

Yes I watched the Huddle and we got one minute. BC got 3. State got 3 Tech got 5. They named one player on our team. Guess they don’t know any others. At least they knew the coaches last name. Not sure they knew his first name.

I tuned in Thursday night at 7:00 only to find that access to the ACC Network was "available for purchase". The customer rep from Spectrum who I talked with stated that I would have to migrate to either the Silver or Gold package (with the added annoyance that the ACC Network will not be available in South Carolina until 06 September!) I have been carrying the TWC Sports Package since 2010, but I guess the greed factor in cable TV doesn't allow for simply placing the ACC Network within that package, a lineup which includes the BTN, SEC Network, all 7 PAC 12 channels, and who knows what else. Of course, the simplest thing to do would be to sell the ACCN a la carte for a flat charge.
Thank you Time Warner Cable for making this complicated.

I sent Comcast an email and thanked them for dragging their feet on the ACC Channel, since it made me actually look into the "cutting cable" thing and realize that I can probably save about $100 month by going to Hulu Live TV or YouTube TV. And I was serious - I really hadn't looked into it before, but after doing so, I came to the realization that those services provide 99% of the channels that I really care about - for way, way less than the Xfinity package we have right now.

Wait until you figure out that most of the good original programing content isn't on over the air TV.

Anyone here stream via youtube tv? I don't see ACCN on the channel guide, though YTTV is evidently carrying it.

Talk about making something simple really complicated-- this ACC Network could be a master class. I have figured out that if Dish does not pick the ACC Network up, I will either have to change services or go to You Tube or Hulu Live. Now if I can figure out how to do that. It is not simple. Seems I have to sign up on my computer then go to my TV and try to pick it through Roku or some other way. Certainly is more than clicking a few buttons and I am ready to go. Thanks Swafford!

Wait until you figure out that most of the good original programing content isn't on over the air TV.

Having cable doesn't mean you don't have HBO, Showtime, Starz, Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc. What it does mean is you probably pay way too much for a thousand channels that you never watch.

Talk about making something simple really complicated-- this ACC Network could be a master class. I have figured out that if Dish does not pick the ACC Network up, I will either have to change services or go to You Tube or Hulu Live. Now if I can figure out how to do that. It is not simple. Seems I have to sign up on my computer then go to my TV and try to pick it through Roku or some other way. Certainly is more than clicking a few buttons and I am ready to go. Thanks Swafford!

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that negotiating with a whole bunch of cable, satellite, and streaming companies is not all that "simple."

I decided to put the ACC network on hold. Like Dispatch Deac, my legacy TWC package has more extensive college football and major league baseball than any package offered by Spectrum. At the conclusion of the baseball season I might switch to Spectrum. The cost increase will be from $15 to $42 dollars/month, dependent on how much program I am willing to surrender. So much for progress.

I've realized from 'Cutting the Chord" on the Pit, there are more affordable options to cable. Like BudatWake it seems time for my education. As Bubble Boy suggests, it doesn't sound simple. Seems like a business opportunity exists for a service to provide this option to the public. Just a thought.

Last edited:
I decided to put the ACC network on hold. Like Dispatch Deac, my legacy TWC package has more extensive college football and major league baseball than any package offered by Spectrum. At the conclusion of the baseball season I might switch to Spectrum. The cost increase will be from $15 to $42 dollars/month, dependent on how much program I am willing to surrender. So much for progress.

I've realized from 'Cutting the Chord" on the Pit, there are more affordable options to cable. Like BudatWake it seems time for my education. As Bubble Boy suggests, it doesn't sound simple. Seems like a business opportunity exists for a service to provide this option to the public. Just a thought.

There is an option, it’s called cable

Packer and Durham are hosting an alternate broadcast of Miami-Florida with Richt and Jon Beason. That’s a good idea. I wonder if they’ll be doing that for all prime time ACC games.

Upgraded my Hulu to live last night for the beginning of sports season worked like a charm ACC network access to ACC Network extra

I was grandfathered from Time Warner into TW/Spectrum when I moved from W-S to Kernersville last year. My bill went up about $20 or so as I recall. I have cable, land line and internet. I called yesterday and they said I had to completely switch over to Spectrum to get the ACCN and would get more channels than I currently had. My old bill was about $211. Now it's $207. So it was a win-win for me.

I was grandfathered from Time Warner into TW/Spectrum when I moved from W-S to Kernersville last year. My bill went up about $20 or so as I recall. I have cable, land line and internet. I called yesterday and they said I had to completely switch over to Spectrum to get the ACCN and would get more channels than I currently had. My old bill was about $211. Now it's $207. So it was a win-win for me.

My Dad was on a legacy TWC package as well, with 2 of the shitty little Cisco digital converters in the bedrooms. I spent Thursday with him exchanging the converters for cable boxes and switching his package to a Spectrum one. He's getting more channels, double the internet speed, and is saving $15/month.

Upgraded my Hulu to live last night for the beginning of sports season worked like a charm ACC network access to ACC Network extra

Hulu Live is great. We cut the cord and switched to it last winter. Plenty of sports programming and all the channels my wife watches for $45/month. And best of all I don’t have to interact with the parasites that run TWC/Spectrum (Sorry RTQ!).

Back