• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Network availability

Sorry if I missed this, but I use DirectTV. 612 is working.
But the ESPN app is saying sorry, you can only watch on TV at this time, they are “diligently working on it.” That just the way it is? A workaround?

Hulu Live is great. We cut the cord and switched to it last winter. Plenty of sports programming and all the channels my wife watches for $45/month. And best of all I don’t have to interact with the parasites that run TWC/Spectrum (Sorry RTQ!).
We pick it up in late August and usually drop it in April which corresponds to the sports seasons i really care to watch Plus over-the-air network TV season. With something like the Olympics world cup or the Electoral campaign that gives me the flexibility of he know either keeping it all year or adding it right before those events

I see that Hulu TV offers an upgrade for Enhanced DVR. Is there a standard DVR option?

Sorry if I missed this, but I use DirectTV. 612 is working.
But the ESPN app is saying sorry, you can only watch on TV at this time, they are “diligently working on it.” That just the way it is? A workaround?

This better get fixed. I’m counting on watching this on the app. Leave it to the ACC to make it harder to watch games.

Hulu Live is great. We cut the cord and switched to it last winter. Plenty of sports programming and all the channels my wife watches for $45/month. And best of all I don’t have to interact with the parasites that run TWC/Spectrum (Sorry RTQ!).

We use DirecTV Now - and play like an extra $30/month over other better options - so Mrs. Siff can get "the Hallmark Channel."

Assuming the "expert executive team" at Dish can not get this worked out by Friday, I narrowed my choices down to You Tube Live and Hulu live. I will have to use a Roku stick to get it on my TV and one have suggestions as to which is the better route? Thanks

Assuming the "expert executive team" at Dish can not get this worked out by Friday, I narrowed my choices down to You Tube Live and Hulu live. I will have to use a Roku stick to get it on my TV and one have suggestions as to which is the better route? Thanks

I don't know YTTV, but other than not having the local ABC, which means I watch ABC sports on the ESPN app, Hulu Live has been great the past 2 weeks I've had it. I use ATV4K's, so I can't speak on the Roku stick.

So, I got Direct TV up installed and I am watching it as we speak. I just called Dish TV to cancel and they asked me why and I told them because they didn't have ACCN. They asked if I had heard that they were getting it! I said no but too late. Then I asked when they will be getting it and they said a couple of weeks but didn't give me a date. I told them too bad but too late.

I'm sure that operator was really concerned about losing a customer

Haha, they actually try pretty hard to keep you but no, I'm sure she didn't care and I was nice. But they ask you why and I wanted to make sure that they marked down the reason was no ACCN to add to the numbers and help the ACCN with leverage.

Anyone who reads the Ask SAM column in the Winston-Salem Journal will not be surprised by this entry:

"Q: Please let readers know, why in the heart of ACC country, where it all began, has Spectrum chosen to charge a fee to their subscribers in order to receive the ACC Network? This is a travesty!

J.P.

Answer: There is no extra charge. The ACC Network, channel 388, is part of the TV Select package for Spectrum customers, meaning that it is part of your basic service whether you have the most basic TV service or the higher-tier Silver and Gold plans, which have additional channels.

However, if you are still in an older service plan with Time Warner Cable, you are not able to get the new channel until you upgrade to Spectrum. When Spectrum took over TWC in 2016, the company let existing customers remain with their TWC plans until those expired, after which they have had to switch over to a Spectrum plan. At this point, more than 80 percent of customers are on a Spectrum plan."

Anyone who reads the Ask SAM column in the Winston-Salem Journal will not be surprised by this entry:

"Q: Please let readers know, why in the heart of ACC country, where it all began, has Spectrum chosen to charge a fee to their subscribers in order to receive the ACC Network? This is a travesty!

J.P.

Answer: There is no extra charge. The ACC Network, channel 388, is part of the TV Select package for Spectrum customers, meaning that it is part of your basic service whether you have the most basic TV service or the higher-tier Silver and Gold plans, which have additional channels.

However, if you are still in an older service plan with Time Warner Cable, you are not able to get the new channel until you upgrade to Spectrum. When Spectrum took over TWC in 2016, the company let existing customers remain with their TWC plans until those expired, after which they have had to switch over to a Spectrum plan. At this point, more than 80 percent of customers are on a Spectrum plan."

That's the boat I'm in. So I can't even watch it on the App without changing to a Spectrum plan?

So I'm on a legacy TWC plan and they tell me I have to switch over to Spectrum to watch the ACC Network, even though I can see it in my guide and I've paid for their premium sports package for 10+ years to have 7 Pac10 channels that I never watch. They allege that it will drop my bill by $50/per month and that I'll get what I have plus HBO and some other premium BS. However, the guy was dodging when I asked him about keeping the whole-house DVRs, as I've heard Spectrum doesn't offer that. Also, the big kicker to me was that they say a technician has to come to my house to make the switch. Every time one of those cocksuckers comes to my house they screw something up. What the hell do they need to come to the house for? Everything already says Spectrum when I turn on the TV. They just flip a computer switch to turn on the additional channels, I can see them on my Spectrum-branded guide, and change the bill. I told the guy to go fuck himself when he insisted on their assuredly drunk worker coming out to screw up my house. I'll pay the extra $50/month and forget the ACC Network to not have to deal with the fallout from that visit.

Perhaps it's just coincidence, but the handful of times I've gone to the channel to check it out, seems all they talk about is Clemson/FSU/Miami football, and the return of Mack Brown to UNC (and did you know that his wife Sally was a big part of his decision?).
Maybe it will get better when the games start (including Olympic sprots) and right now they're just looking for filler, but I'm already worried that the winter will be nothing but a Roy/K/Hole/Dook slobberfest. And to a large part that's understandable: this thing is a pure $$ play, and that means you cater to the largest alumni bases with their WalMart fan contingent.

So I'm on a legacy TWC plan and they tell me I have to switch over to Spectrum to watch the ACC Network, even though I can see it in my guide and I've paid for their premium sports package for 10+ years to have 7 Pac10 channels that I never watch. They allege that it will drop my bill by $50/per month and that I'll get what I have plus HBO and some other premium BS. However, the guy was dodging when I asked him about keeping the whole-house DVRs, as I've heard Spectrum doesn't offer that. Also, the big kicker to me was that they say a technician has to come to my house to make the switch. Every time one of those cocksuckers comes to my house they screw something up. What the hell do they need to come to the house for? Everything already says Spectrum when I turn on the TV. They just flip a computer switch to turn on the additional channels, I can see them on my Spectrum-branded guide, and change the bill. I told the guy to go fuck himself when he insisted on their assuredly drunk worker coming out to screw up my house. I'll pay the extra $50/month and forget the ACC Network to not have to deal with the fallout from that visit.

It's new equipment dude. Take it or leave it.

Back