• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Network availability

Perhaps it's just coincidence, but the handful of times I've gone to the channel to check it out, seems all they talk about is Clemson/FSU/Miami football, and the return of Mack Brown to UNC (and did you know that his wife Sally was a big part of his decision?).
Maybe it will get better when the games start (including Olympic sprots) and right now they're just looking for filler, but I'm already worried that the winter will be nothing but a Roy/K/Hole/Dook slobberfest. And to a large part that's understandable: this thing is a pure $$ play, and that means you cater to the largest alumni bases with their WalMart fan contingent.

So Beason gets on the Packer and Durham show just now and said he was really excited to watch our game because Utah St. Won 11 games last year and Love is as good Trevor Lawrence, but they he thinks we are still going to be good. But he also says we run a two QB system. We don't this is the second time they have said this in the last week it's pissing me off

So Beason gets on the Packer and Durham show just now and said he was really excited to watch our game because Utah St. Won 11 games last year and Love is as good Trevor Lawrence, but they he thinks we are still going to be good. But he also says we run a two QB system. We don't this is the second time they have said this in the last week it's pissing me off

He was just spouting off the talking points supplied by ESPN. None of those talking heads actually do any research to know what they are talking about.

It's new equipment dude. Take it or leave it.

But that is what doesn't make any sense - all the old TWC equipment routes to Spectrum software and interfaces when I turn it on. And the ACC Network is in the guide just like the other channels I don't get, it just needs to be activated like any other channel. There is literally no new equipment needed. It's all bullshit.

Stating the obvious:

The ACCN is not going to provide any info that WF Sports junkies that read this board don't already know.

The ACCN is not going to broadcast a behind the scenes look at the WF basketball program at any point in the foreseeable future.

To the extent that the ACCN does an inside look at WF football, guessing if that does come, it won't be early in the network's opening few months, unless WF sprints to a 6-0 start.

For WF fans, the benefit of the ACC Network will be the broadcasting of WF games, and to the extent some here might care, the games of other ACC teams.

You will get all of the coverage that you could possible want of: Clemson Football, Duke Basketball, UNC Basketball. This should not be a surprise.

Is anyone else having a problem finding the ACC Network in the channel guide on YTTV? I can search for content and find it that way but there seems to be no channel listed under Live TV. All other recently added channels show up there automatically...

Stating the obvious:

The ACCN is not going to provide any info that WF Sports junkies that read this board don't already know.

The ACCN is not going to broadcast a behind the scenes look at the WF basketball program at any point in the foreseeable future.

To the extent that the ACCN does an inside look at WF football, guessing if that does come, it won't be early in the network's opening few months, unless WF sprints to a 6-0 start.

For WF fans, the benefit of the ACC Network will be the broadcasting of WF games, and to the extent some here might care, the games of other ACC teams.

You will get all of the coverage that you could possible want of: Clemson Football, Duke Basketball, UNC Basketball. This should not be a surprise.

Yeah, not sure why some don't understand that. You've got a better chance of seeing a Wake volleyball match and a replay of last night's baseball game than an in-depth discussion of a middle of the pack football team and a bad basketball team.

Can’t access via the ESPN app although I can watch all other content while using my Verizon fios log in account. “You are not authorized to play the content. Please contact your provider.”

Anyone else encountering problems streaming off the ESPN app? I’ve contacted Verizon and they’re “working on it”....

Can’t access via the ESPN app although I can watch all other content while using my Verizon fios log in account. “You are not authorized to play the content. Please contact your provider.”

Anyone else encountering problems streaming off the ESPN app? I’ve contacted Verizon and they’re “working on it”....

It’s the same with Spectrum. I wouldn’t hold my breath that it gets resolved by Friday.

It’s the same with Spectrum. I wouldn’t hold my breath that it gets resolved by Friday.

So lame...makes zero sense I can view all of their other crappy programming at the moment.

If it’s still not resolved, could streaming be made available on ACC.com? The league has got to avoid this shitstorm.

If it’s still not resolved, could streaming be made available on ACC.com? The league has got to avoid this shitstorm.

Better do it quick then, because that means the shitstorm will begin on Thursday. Clemson’s fanbase is a bit larger than ours.

Not happening. The ACC is now owned by ESPN. ESPN wants all the money from the subscriptions. They will not be giving the product away on ACC.com

Last 2 mornings ( 6 to 8 am ) have had Mr. Deacon pay a visit which prompted Durham talking at length about our facilities, Newman being within top 6 ACC QB's plus a 5-8 minute interview with Currie. This morning a lot of chatter about the US game and importance to Wake vis a vis beneficial following 3-4 games.

So sounds like some of you are missing the Wake coverage.

Not happening. The ACC is now owned by ESPN. ESPN wants all the money from the subscriptions. They will not be giving the product away on ACC.com

This is about subscribers not being about to access the product on ESPN’s own app. ESPN would completely screw up the roll out if people with DirecTV, YTTV, etc can’t watch the games simply because they’re not at their TV on Labor Day weekend.

Last 2 mornings ( 6 to 8 am ) have had Mr. Deacon pay a visit which prompted Durham talking at length about our facilities, Newman being within top 6 ACC QB's plus a 5-8 minute interview with Currie. This morning a lot of chatter about the US game and importance to Wake vis a vis beneficial following 3-4 games.

So sounds like some of you are missing the Wake coverage.

who/what is Mr. Deacon?

Streaming ACCN on ESPN app as of 11:00am ET on Tuesday - I am a Spectrum (non-legacy sub) customer located in ACC footprint.

I would be interested to learn if a legacy Time Warner Cable customer that hasn't upgraded to a Spectrum bundle is able to stream.

I'm thinking maybe they should have rolled this out more than a week before the first game.

But that is what doesn't make any sense - all the old TWC equipment routes to Spectrum software and interfaces when I turn it on. And the ACC Network is in the guide just like the other channels I don't get, it just needs to be activated like any other channel. There is literally no new equipment needed. It's all bullshit.

Same boat. The clueless Spectrum lady on the phone didn't know whether my DVR would work with the new package or not(I guess it doesn't since I "switched" 2 days ago and can't get ACCN). They are mailing cable boxes to replace the old digital adapters, though. BTW, the person on the phone had no idea what a digital adapter was, even though they charge me $5.99/mo for them. I'm gonna have to take my DVR and switch it out at a Spectrum store, I guess.

So I'm on a legacy TWC plan and they tell me I have to switch over to Spectrum to watch the ACC Network, even though I can see it in my guide and I've paid for their premium sports package for 10+ years to have 7 Pac10 channels that I never watch. They allege that it will drop my bill by $50/per month and that I'll get what I have plus HBO and some other premium BS. However, the guy was dodging when I asked him about keeping the whole-house DVRs, as I've heard Spectrum doesn't offer that. Also, the big kicker to me was that they say a technician has to come to my house to make the switch. Every time one of those cocksuckers comes to my house they screw something up. What the hell do they need to come to the house for? Everything already says Spectrum when I turn on the TV. They just flip a computer switch to turn on the additional channels, I can see them on my Spectrum-branded guide, and change the bill. I told the guy to go fuck himself when he insisted on their assuredly drunk worker coming out to screw up my house. I'll pay the extra $50/month and forget the ACC Network to not have to deal with the fallout from that visit.

Check and see if you can stream on ESPN app now.

Streaming ACCN on ESPN app as of 11:00am ET on Tuesday - I am a Spectrum (non-legacy sub) customer located in ACC footprint.

I would be interested to learn if a legacy Time Warner Cable customer that hasn't upgraded to a Spectrum bundle is able to stream.

just checked, still can't with DirecTV

Back